Be an Angel Day is an annual celebration held every 22nd of August. This day started out as a day when people are encouraged to do various acts of kindness to other fellow people. This is also a day when everyone is reminded to be kind to one another and manifest our inner “angels” to show our good deeds. This day is all about celebrating any act of kindness, whether small or large, which can make a change in the world and a change for the good.
What is the Be an Angel Day?
Kindness goes a long way. People who are kind not only get appreciated by other people but are also reciprocated for their good deeds. Kindness is also a very broad term even though it is easy to understand. The reason for this is that there are so many acts of kindness one can do. A kind act can be a very simple thing such as telling a person some good things about him or her. Or it can also be as great as founding or helping out in a charity. Because of this, there are many activities that people do to celebrate the Be an Angel Day.
History of Be an Angel Day
The person who opened the door to this one of a kind celebration is Jayne Howard Feldman. She started this celebration back in 1993 when people were encouraged to do various acts of kindness in a random fashion. Since then, the celebration became popular and earned a name for itself. One primary contributor to this is of course social media.
The movie called Pass It Forward is a great example of how random acts of kindness can create ripples of impacts that can change the lives of people. The popularity of this holiday continues to intensify as more and more people jump on the bandwagon of celebrating this special kind of holiday.
When is Be an Angel Day?
The Be an Angel Day is always celebrated on August 22 each year. This means that the upcoming Be an Angel Day will be celebrated on August 22, 2021.
Facts About Be an Angel Day
The following are some good facts for the Be an Angel Day that are worth sharing:
- The term angel came from the Latin word angelus which means messenger of God.
- There is a study of angels called angelology.
- During the 13th century, St. Thomas Aquinas discussed a question of whether several angels could occupy the same place.
- The City of Los Angeles in California means The Angels in English. The Bible refers to only one archangel – Michael. However, other scriptures also refer to Gabriel and Raphael as archangels as well.
- The Book of Revelation tells that the number of angels is about 100 million.
- Satan or Lucifer is actually a fallen angel who made a rebellion against God.
- The Be an Angel Day was founded in 1993 by Jayne Howard Feldman.
National Be An Angel Day Images
Be an Angel Day Quotes
- We all are blessed with a guarding angel who is loving and caring and who is always there when you need her.
- You have lots of angels watching over you because you are the favorite child of GOD.
- May all your worries vanish and your smiles double because you have the angels watching over you and blessing you!
- Angels are there around us, each and every day but their presence is felt when we are in problem.
- Kind words bring confidence. Kind actions bring love. Such is the strength of kindness which can never get defeated. Make a promise to yourself on Be an Angel Day to do the smallest acts of kindness because even they have the strength to defeat the negative.
- Every act of kindness will always come back to you in an unexpected way. Therefore, never miss to be good to anyone and everyone as that is an opportunity for you to create goodness for you and for the world.
- Never lose a change to do good as it is an opportunity given by God to prove that you are a human. Never lose a change to say a kind word as it can soothe many wounds and bring a smile on someone’s face. Always make a change with your small acts.
- Always be kind to everyone you meet because everyone is fighting a hard battle and your soft words can bring a smile to his face, touch his heart, soothe his soul or inspire him to be a better person. Always work to be a better person.
Angel Day Celebrations & Activities
Why Celebrate Be an Angel Day?
The following are some good reasons why you should celebrate this special holiday:
You Can Change the Lives of People
Celebrating this holiday gives you the chance to do random acts of kindness that can make changes in the lives of people. Even simple acts can influence the day of a person and make him or her feel loved. As they say, a random act of kindness can restore the faith in humanity. We all live in the same world and so we should help each other out. And by doing so, we can make an impact in each other’s lives.
You Can Feel Good for Yourself
Doing an act of kindness such as helping out another person can make you feel good for yourself. The reason behind this is that your body releases hormones that triggers happiness and satisfaction whenever you help someone, especially if that person expresses his or her utmost gratitude to you. If you want to experience this feeling, then this is a good reason for you to celebrate the said holiday.
You Can Create a Ripple of Kindness
Kindness goes a long way. There is no end to it. Being kind even in simplest ways can be very influential to other people. When people experience kindness from other people, they reciprocate it or they forward such an act. This creates a ripple of kindness that can have no limits and with reach which we know has no bounds.
How to Celebrate Be an Angel Day?
The following are some good things that you can do to celebrate the holiday in the best way possible:
Spread Positivity by Using Kind Words
You can celebrate this holiday by simply spreading positivity through kind words. You may not be aware how much of an impact your words have on other persons. You can for instance give them genuine compliments. You can also advocate for stopping gossips from spreading or solving complaints right away.
Express Your Gratitude
There may already be a lot of people in your life whom have helped you in various circumstances. This is the perfect day for you to express your gratitude to them. Thank all the people who have made your life better.
Pay Forward The Kindness You Have Received
Lots of people will be participating in the celebration of this day. Hence, a lot of people will do random acts of kindness during this holiday. When you receive one, pay it forward. There are lots of random things you can do to show kindness to other people. For instance, you can buy coffee for a person, donate some clothing and other necessities to homeless shelters, or even volunteer to an organization for a good cause.
Celebrate On Social Media Be an Angel Day
As mentioned earlier, social media had an important role in making this event more and more popular. People spread the word about this holiday and so more and more people participate in it. You should do the same. For instance, you can use the hashtag #BeAnAngelDay to let you friends and followers on your social media accounts know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.