The Hobbit Day is celebrated every 22nd of September each year.
About the Hobbit Day
During The Hobbit Day, people celebrate by conducting a lot of activities that let them feel like they are actual hobbits. Most people read the book series or watch the film series. Some people also go on an adventure that hobbits love to do. Since hobbits love to feast on food, there are also people who celebrate this day by throwing a feast.
It was on September 21, 1937 when the book called The Hobbit was published. It met critical acclaim and got nominated for various awards. Even up to this day, the book series is considered a classic masterpiece. J.R.R. Tolkien followed this up with The Lord of the Rings, which was released between 1937 and 1949. These books contain two characters – Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins.
The Tolkien Week and the Hobbit Day was created in 1978 by the American Tolkien Society. This holiday, however still remains an unofficial holiday. Regardless of that, people all over the world celebrate this occasion, especially the hardcore fans of the franchise.
As mentioned earlier Hobbit Day is celebrated every 22nd of September each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- 2020 Tuesday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2021 Wednesday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2022 Thursday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2023 Friday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2024 Sunday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2025 Monday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2026 Tuesday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2027 Wednesday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2028 Friday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
- 2029 Saturday 22 Sep Hobbit Day
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of The Hobbit Day:
Hobbits Are Full Blown Adventurers
The land of Middle-Earth, which is the main setting of the legendarium by J.R.R. Tolkien, is filled with various creatures one of which are the hobbits. They love to explore this place filled with elves, dragons, trolls, magic, fun, and danger. There is no end to your imagination when you read the book series. One fact that is worth celebrating during this day is that the hobbits love to take on adventure.
Hobbits Are Loyal Beings
Another reason to celebrate this day is that since this day is all about hobbits, you should celebrate the fact that hobbits are very loyal beings. They always stay true to their theme – friendship. They want to preserve that in spite of all the challenges, tests, problems, and trials that may come in the way.
Hobbits Strongly Believe in Goodness
Through all losses, dangers, and struggles, hobbits always achieve their end goal – accomplishing the goodness. Fortunately, though, they also achieve that. But of course, the journey towards achieving that is definitely a tough one.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of The Hobbit Day as best as it can be:
Read the Series
If you still haven’t read The Hobbit book series, you are already missing a lot in your life. This day provides you the perfect opportunity to start that. So borrow the books from your friends or get your own from the bookstore. Then sit down, chill, relax, and enjoy reading the books. For sure, you will fall in love with it.
Throw a Feast
Hobbits are known to eat as many as six meals a day. They also love to feast on food. So why not do this for the celebration? invite your family and friends for a feast that you will all enjoy.
Go on an Adventure
As mentioned earlier, hobbits are beings who love to go on adventures. So why not do the same? You can celebrate this day by choosing a place or destination where you can have a lot of fun going on an adventure.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #HobbitDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
Hobbit Day Messages
- Wishing a very Happy Hobbit Day to you my dear. Today is the day to take inspiration from those who defy all the rules and establish the impossible.
- On occasion of Hobbit Day, let us tell our own selves that there is nothing impossible in this world and we can do anything if we have decided.
- The occasion of Hobbit Day reminds us that God has made us very strong and we just need to explore our strengths. Happy Hobbit Day to you.
- Warm wishes on Hobbit Day to you. Let us take inspiration from Bilbo and Frodo who tell us that if you think you can then you definitely can.
- A very Happy Hobbit Day to everyone. Let us make the most of our lives by celebrating this special day which is all about going beyond your limits.
- Warm wishes on Hobbit Day to you. On this day, let us remember Bilbo and Frodo who will always inspire us.
- Bilbo and Frodo may be fictional characters but they have the power to inspire us for a better tomorrow. Wishing a very Happy Hobbit Day.
- Have a very Happy Hobbit Day my dear. Never give up on yourself because you have the courage and power to do the impossible.
- Warm wishes on the occasion of Hobbit Day. Celebrate this day to take inspiration from the fictional characters that are so full of life.
- Literature is the mirror of society and sometimes characters from the world of literature inspire you to become better and happier. Warm wishes on Hobbit Day.