The International Women’s Day is a day of celebrating women for all the things they have endured, especially in a world full of misogynistic people and patriarch societies. Long have women fought for equal rights. Fortunately, much traction has been gained. But on a worldwide scale, we still have a long way to go. This day is also a day of celebrating all women who have made significant contributions in our world.
Women’s Day is celebrated every 8th of March each year. This day is the focal point of various women’s rights movements. During this day, various organizations, groups, and feminists participate in advocacy campaigns for women’s empowerment. These campaigns aim to stop women’s abuse, fight for women’s rights to education, and encourage women to work. The day also aims to give power to housewives who stay at home and do all the hard tasks of taking care of the family.
History of Women’s Day
On February 28, 1909, the Socialist Party of America organized a Women’s Day February 28, 1909, in New York. After this, Clara Zetkin, a German revolutionary proposed the day of March 8 to be when working women are honored. This happened at the 1910 International Socialist Woman’s Conference. Ever since that day, it has been celebrated as International Women’s Day or the International Working Women’s Day. March 8 became an official national holiday for this after women gained suffrage in Soviet Russia back in 1917. This celebration was adopted by the feminist movement back in 1967. In addition, the United Nations began to celebrate this day in 1975.
When is Women’s Day?
This holiday is always celebrated on March 8 every year. This means that the upcoming Women’s Day will be celebrated on Monday, 8 March 2021.
Why Celebrate Women’s Day?
The following are the main reasons why you should celebrate Women’s Day:
To Give Honor to All Working Women
The first main reason why you should celebrate this holiday is that this is the perfect opportunity for you to honor all working women in the world. Most women around the world stay at home as housewives, while others prefer to pursue their own career paths and become successful in life. This is the perfect day to honor them for this.
To Give Honor to All Mothers
Being a housewife is an extremely tough job, maybe even tougher than work in the office. Though unpaid in terms of salary, the job of mothers is extremely important for a family. During Women’s Day, all mothers should be honored for being so integral in the nourishment and raising a family.
To Give Honor to All Women in General
You should also celebrate this day to give honor to all women in general. As mentioned above, women have faced tough discrimination, in various forms, all over the world. But they have long endured that. They are now at the top of the world. Hence, they deserve to be honored for traversing such a tough road in their lives.
How to Celebrate?
The following are the best activities to do to make your celebration of Women’s Day as best as it can be:
Give Gifts to Women in Your Life
The first thing that you can do to make your celebration of this day a really good one is to give gifts to women who are part of your life. For instance, you can give a good gift to your mother, grandmother, aunt, or sister. Any gift that they will appreciate will do. You can even accompany the gift with a letter.
Give Your Mother a Hug and Kiss
A simple yet effective way of showing your appreciation to your mother is kissing and hugging her. You can show how much you love and appreciate your mother. This day is the perfect opportunity to do that.
Participate in Feminist Advocacy Campaigns
You can also celebrate this day by participating in various advocacy campaigns for women. These feminists campaigns resist patriarch society and fight for equal rights for both men and women.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #HappyWomen’sDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
Happy International Womens Day 8 March 2021 wishes
The following are some good wishes you can share to all the women in the world for the celebration of Women’s Day:
- Happy Women’s Day to all the incredible women! Shine on… Not just today but every day!
- It’s Women’s day! Feel special and unique on the top of the world!
- Women are always a source of inspiration for the family and society. Happy Women’s Day to you!
- I treasure you close to my heart. Here are my best wishes to you on International Women’s Day 2021!
- To the woman of my dream: you fill my days with happiness and my world with love!
- Congratulations, lovely woman. Today you deserve our most beautiful flowers and poetry!
- Best wishes for your special day! Live, Laugh and Love!
- Your smile makes your heart sing. Thank you for being so wonderful!
- Happy women’s day to you
- You are special and know that it’s true!
- Happy Women’s Day, to someone who is much more wonderful than they think, with all my love.
- Some women are lost in the fire. But you are built from it! Best wishes on Women’s Day.
- You just smile and the world changes. Let the harmony and colors of spring shine in your life!
International International Womens Day 8 March Greetings
- All best wishes on International women’s day. Keep shining and smiling always!
- A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd. She is herself! Today is yours and so is every other day!
- You make life worth living. Happy Women’s Day to all the lovely women!
- Be beautiful if you can, be wise if you want to, but to be respected – that is essential! Wishing you a very happy Women’s day 2021.
- Just wanted to thank you from bottom of my heart for all things you do! Wishing you a day filled with goodness and warmth.
- On the occasion of March 8, I wish you happiness, health, success, and prosperity in the years ahead.