Who doesn’t love to eat bacons. These thin slices of pork fill us with happiness every breakfast. And it is a very versatile food. We can pair it up with eggs, bread, and even rice. We can also crumble them up over salad for a “healthier” dish. Because of the much love for bacons, people celebrate the National Bacon Day every 30th of December each year.
About the National Bacon Day
Bacon is made from pork belly. This is the kind that is most popular in Canada and the USA. The meat used for making bacon is cured in salt pack or salt brine. It is then boiled, dried, or smoked. Bacon is a pretty popular food not only in USA but also the whole world. During the National Bacon Day, people eat as much bacon as they want. They also make dishes that contain bacon. People indulge themselves in eating bacon strips – one that they have been craving for so much.
The National Bacon Day was founded by Danya Goodman and Meff Leonard n 1997. The day makes everyone bond over bacons. Ever since that year, the celebration has become widespread. Currently, a lot of people celebrate this day by bacons, its varieties, and many of its derivatives.
As mentioned earlier, the National Bacon Day is always celebrated on the 30th of December each year. This means that the dates of this occasion are as follows:
- Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- Thursday, December 30, 2021
- Friday, December 30, 2022
- Saturday, December 30, 2023
- Monday, December 30, 2024
Why Celebrate National Bacon Day
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Bacon Day:
Bacon is Amazing
One good reason to celebrate this day is simply the fact that bacon is an amazing food. Everyone loves it and you can’t deny that yourself. Bacon has always been a comfort food for everyone. You should celebrate its greatness during the National Bacon Day.
Bacon Can Be Easily Made
Another good reason to celebrate this day is that bacon can be easily made. You can just buy it in the grocery and fry then fry it. Eat the strips afterwards and you’ll have a good time. This is a good fact worth celebrating during this special occasion.
Bacon Bonds Us
Bacon is easily a food that bonds people together. When people eat bacons together, they have a good time. Perhaps this is the reason why we start a good day when we eat bacons and eggs for breakfast. Hence, if you want to have a good time with other people while you eat bacons together, then you should go ahead and celebrate this special day.
Celebration ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Bacon Day as best as it can be:
Eat Bacon Pizza
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to eat bacon pizza. Surprisingly, this flavor is actually one that is popular among people because of its delicious taste. Hence, you should not miss this food when you celebrate this unofficial holiday. Eating this food is only one order away.
Eat bacon-wrapped Hotdogs
You can also celebrate this day by eating bacon-wrapped hotdogs. It is actually very easy to make this dish. All you have to do is to prepare hotdogs and bacons. Just wrap the hotdogs with strips of bacons then fry it. if you want you can even put these on bread buns to make a sandwich.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalBaconDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
Messages and Greetings
- It’s National Bacon Day! Everything is better with bacon…and money! Merely recognizing your potential profitability is a step in the right direction on your path to profitability. Happy National Bacon day!
- Figures that national bacon day would happen on a rare day when I just don’t feel hungry at all for it. National Bacon day!
- Today is National Bacon Day, and Great Northern has got you covered! Stop by the food hall this morning to try the best BLT in town.
- Happy National Bacon Day Has Arrived, Don’t forget to get a few rashers at least.
- I must be the only one that’s not wild about bacon. The smell of it makes me want to hurl. I can only take it in very, very little moderation national bacon day!
- Happy Monday! Good morning. Good news. We have a short work week ahead & today is BACON Day and National Bicarbonate of Soda Day aka Baking Soda. May our day be safe, productive and prosperous. Reflect on this decade and give thanks for the blessings. We are Blessed.