The National Ice Cream Cone Day is celebrated every 22nd of September each year. This day gives recognition and honor to ice cream cone, the best partner of ice cream. There are lots of different flavors of ice cream and most of them have special dedicated food holidays. Of course, we would not leave ice cream cones behind. Them too deserve a special food holiday. So, you must prepare now for your celebration of the National Ice Cream Cone Day on September 22.
About the National Ice Cream Cone Day
During National Ice Cream Cone Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own ice cream cones at home. Other people prefer to eat ice cream cones by themselves. Of course, lots of them cannot let themselves eat ice cream cones without ice cream in it. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
The earliest mention of ice cream cones can be traced back in French cookbooks back in 1825. They were initially referred to as little waffles. The waffles were rolled to have the shape of a cone. I nthe USA, ice cream cones initially became popular during the late 1800s. Confectioners and ice cream vendors used the cones to serve ice cream. In 1904, the ice cream cone made its debut at the World’s Fair in St. Louis. In 1912, an innovator from Oregon obtained a patent for an ice cream cone maker machine. In 1928, he sold his company to Nabisco. Today, this company still makes ice cream cones.
With limited knowledge about the origins of ice cream cones, even less is known about the history of the National Ice Cream Cone Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that ice cream cones are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Ice Cream Cone Day is celebrated every 22nd of September each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Friday, September 22, 2023
- Sunday, September 22, 2024
- Monday, September 22, 2025
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Ice Cream Cone Day:
Ice Cream Cones Flavor Up Your Favorite Dessert
We all know that ice cream cones have flavors as well. Perhaps the most popular one is the sweet-flavored one. Their purpose is not just to hold the ice cream but to also have something for us to eat in partner with the sweet ice cream.
Ice Cream Cones Are Eco-Friendly
There are other alternatives to ice cream cone which include plastic cups. But we all know that these cups can so harm and destroy our environment. Hence, if you patronize ice cream cones, then you are doing a great job contributing towards the betterment of our environment.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Ice Cream Cone Day as best as it can be:
Enjoy Ice Cream Cone by Itself
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to enjoy ice cream cones by themselves. You can eat this delicious ice cream partner by itself, without any ice cream. You can treat It as part of your breakfast or snacks.
Read Also: National Ice Cream Soda Day
Binge on Ice Cream on a Cone
I’m sure you cannot handle yourself eating ice cream cones, without any ice cream. Hence, you are given the opportunity to indulge yourself in your favorite ice cream flavors, as long as you consume them with an ice cream cone. It would be better if you can invite your family and friends to eat ice cream cones and ice cream with you. For sure, you will have a fun celebration doing this.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalIceCreamConeDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how fun you are enjoying your day.
- Life is like an ice cream cone, you have to lick it one day at a time. – Charles M. Schulz
- For a thorough use of ice cream cones, buy two; eat one and drop the other. – Claes Oldenburg
- The only thing that ultimately matters is to eat an ice-cream cone, play a slide trombone, plant a small tree, good God, now you’re free. – Ray Manzarek
- No, I was just good at holding ice cream cones. – Mitch Hedberg
- To maintain a youthful mind, write down two or three things you can do that are totally childlike, such as eating an ice cream cone, coloring a picture, or jumping rope. Find something that brings back the sense of fun you had as a child and choose one of these activities to do today. – Deepak Chopra
- From the outside, my life may look chaotic, but inside I feel like some kind of monk licking an ice cream cone while straddling a runaway horse. – Tom Robbins
- My theory is that if you buy an ice-cream cone and make it hit your mouth, you can learn to play tennis. If you stick it on your forehead, your chances aren’t as good. – Vic Braden
- You want a drumstick? Like a ice cream cone or a chicken wing!? – Billie Joe Armstrong
- I ain’t no veggie, like my flesh to the bone, alive and licking on your ice cream cone. – Alice Cooper
- The longer I live, the more I have the feeling like God looks down, like when you’ve just bitten into a vanilla ice cream cone, you just get the feeling God’s going, ‘Yes! He enjoys it, and I made his taste buds and I made vanilla and he’s putting it together and he’s experiencing what I created him to experience. – Rich Mullins