The National Love Your Pet Day is an annual unofficial holiday celebrated every 20th of February. This day encourages all pet owners to spend time with their pets and show their affection and appreciation for them. All pets deserve some love during this day – cats, dogs, birds, fish, reptile, etc. Today is the best day to show your pets how much you love them.
About the National Love Your Pet Day
The USA celebrates this holiday every 20th of February each year. Pet owners acknowledge their pets who they love so much. They do all sorts of activities that allow them to express their love for their pets. They go to the pet salon to groom their pets. They also pamper them and make sure that they spend quality time with them. People also shout out on social media how proud they are of their pets and how much they love them.
Unfortunately, even with extensive research on this topic, we are not sure how the National Love Your Pet Day started and who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why this day started. Perhaps a person or a group of individuals thought that people love their pets so much that a holiday should be celebrated all about this kind of relationship. Hence, the National Love Your Pet Day was founded so that people will be able to spend quality time with their beloved pets.
Check out Guinea Pig Appreciation Day
As mentioned earlier, the National Love Your Pet Day is always celebrated on the 20th of February each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- 2020 February 20 Thursday
- 2021 February 20 Saturday
- 2022 February 20 Sunday
- 2023 February 20 Monday
- 2024 February 20 Tuesday
The following are the main reasons why you should celebrate the National Love Your Pet Day:
Pets Are Great Listeners
One good reason to celebrate this holiday is to rejoice in the fact that pets are great listeners. Whenever we have no one to talk to, we talk to our pets. We tell them all the things that we want to pour out. Unlike other people, they stay by our sides and listen to everything that we have to say. They will never roll their eyes. Instead, they give us the love that we want.
Pets Can Make You Feel Good
Another good reason to celebrate this day is that pets can make your feel good. When we spend time and play with our pets, we get a boost of our feel good hormones. Studies have shown that spending time with pets can improve blood pressure.
Pets Are Adorable
Of course, another good reason to celebrate this day is that pets are so adorable that they deserve to have a special day wherein people will do nothing but adore them.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Love Your Pet Day as best as it can be:
Take Your Pet Outside
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to take your pet outside. Your pet probably spends most of the time inside your home. It would be good to take your pet out for a stroll so that it will be able to experience a new environment.
Spoil Your Pet
Also a good idea for your celebration of this day is to spoil your pet. This is your opportunity to give your pet anything that it wants (but of course nothing that will harm it). You can take your pet to a salon where it can be groomed. You can also give your pet tons of its most favorite food. You can also spend some quality time with your pet at your couch while you watch your favorite movie or TV show.
Get a New Pet
You can also celebrate this day by getting a new pet, especially if you still don’t have one. You can buy a new pet from the pet shop. You may also opt to adopt one from a homeless shelter.
Love Your Pet Day Pet Messages
- Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet. Happy National Love Your Pet Day!
- If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.
- The dog was created especially for children. He is the god of frolic. Happy National Love Your Pet Day!
- A dog is the only creature that will love you more than you love yourself.
- Money can buy you a good breed of dog, but only your love can make his tail wag. Happy National Love Your Pet Day
- The time sent with cats is never wasted.
- An animal’s eyes have a very great ability to speak. Happy National Love Your Pet Day!
- There are two ways to overcome miseries in life; music and cats.
- An average dog is nicer than an average man. Happy National Love Your Pet Day!
- Animals are reliable, lovable, caring, genuine, predictable in actions, grateful and loyal. Very high standards for people to live up.
- “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” — Orhan Pamuk
- “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” — Colette
- “When I am feeling low all I have to do is watch my cats and my courage returns.” — Charles Bukowski
- “Perhaps the greatest gift an animal has to offer is a permanent reminder of who we really are.” — Nick Trout
- “People talk to pets and babies to stop themselves going mad.” — James Smythe
- “Animals are such agreeable friends — they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” — George Eliot
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains un-awakened.” — Anatole France
- “I like pigs. Dogs looks up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” — Winston Churchill
- “My little dog — a heartbeat at my feet.” — Edith Wharton
- “Animals are reliable; many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful, and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” — Alfred A. Montapert