The Holy Week is an annual event celebrated by Christians and Catholics either during March or April depending on schedule and is a part of the Philippine Holidays 2019. Part of the Holy Week celebration is Good Friday. Christians and Catholics consider Good Friday as the day when Jesus Christ sacrificed himself to save humankind. He was crucified on the cross at exactly 3:00 pm. The citizens of the Philippines also celebrate this important day and this year, Good Friday is on April 19, 2019.
Want to skip ahead to a particular section?
How is Good Friday Celebrated?
Good Friday is celebrated by going to the church to pray. For people who cannot leave their home, they instead celebrate by praying inside their houses in front of an altar. Some people parade on the streets illustrating the Stations of the Cross which is the process that Jesus Christ underwent before his crucifixion and sacrifice.
Some extremists even nail themselves on the cross while being witnessed by the people who then become emotional as they witness the act of the sacrifice in reality. On the bright side, some people bake cross-shaped bread to commemorate the symbol of the day.
Check why peoples celebrate International Jazz Day
Some Good Friday Quotes, SMS, and WhatsApp Status
There are many ways of how you can celebrate Good Friday 2019 in the Philippines. However, one of the simplest and easiest things to do is to send some Good Friday Quotes, SMS, and WhatsApp status to your friends and family members.
Good Friday Quotes
- “No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.”
- “I believe in person to person. Every person is Christ for me, and since there is only one Jesus, that person is the one person in the world at that moment.”
- “The dripping blood our only drink, the bloody flesh our only food: In spite of which we like to think that we are sound, substantial flesh, and blood– Again, in spite of that, we call this Friday good.”
Good Friday SMS
I am the witness
to his fearless death.
I am a token of his
I am the CROSS
Blessings on Good Friday
Jesus drew the sinful expectations of the world unto himself…
Absorbed them & bore them on the cross…
His death was the death of sin itself…
Let’s pray to him and make our faith strong…
Have a Blessed Good Friday!
Good Friday WhatsApp Status
- Praying that the Lord fills your Heart with Peace, holds you in His love and blesses you with His grace.
- Thinking of you and your family and praying that the Lord keeps you in His loving care at all times. Have a blessed Good Friday!
- He showed us the way. He has long been gone. Yet, in our hearts, His name shines on. Wish you a blessed and Holy Friday.
- I wish the Lord will keep you in his loving care now and always. Good Friday greetings.
Good Friday Wishes
“May the glory of our Savior
And May His Graces
Shine Upon you
On Good Friday & always!”
“May on this good Friday we start it with Fasting and prayers so that we can bring God’s mercy and forgiveness on all mankind. Let’s pray together.”
“In his last supper, Jesus gave his body and blood for us! Let us remember this beautify act of the Lord on this Good Friday.”
At April 19, 2019, Good Friday 2019 will be celebrated along with all other Philippine Holidays . Make sure to mark this on your calendar so that you will be able to prepare for this holy event.