Pakistan Defence Day, also known as Youm-e-Dafa, is celebrated annually on September 6 in Pakistan. It commemorates the day when the Pakistani military successfully defended the attack of the Indian military in the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965.
Want to skip ahead to a particular section?
- 1 About Pakistan Defence Day
- 1.1 When is Defence Day 2019 in Pakistan?
- 1.2 The Real Story: What Happened
- 1.3 Quotes Greetings Wishes Messages
- 1.4 The Significance & Importance
- 1.5 Celebrations & Activities
- 1.6 Essay Speech Lines for Students
- 1.7 Pakistan-India 1965 War Images: A Blast From The Past!
- 1.8 6th September 1965 War: Miracles & Angels
About Pakistan Defence Day
Defence Day in Pakistan is observed annually on September 6, commemorating the day when Pakistan’s national armed forces successfully defended the attack of Indian military in the India-Pakistan War of 1965.
Without any formal declaration of war, the Indian military crossed the international border at midnight and attacked the cities of Lahore, Kasur, and Sialkot. Its main focus was to capture the Lahore city of Pakistan, and their army generals bragged that they would celebrate their success party late evening in Lahore’s Gymkhana Club.
The 17-days long war ended on September 22, 1965, when both sides agreed to the United Nations-administered ceasefire though Pakistan’s strong defence not only crushed the Indian military but also thumped the Indian motives and retaliated so strong that the Indian forces escaped back to their country.
Empowered’ with enthusiasm and valor, Pakistanis tackled Indian-surprise attacks effectively, making them understand that battling with Pakistan isn’t that simple!
India wanted Lahore. Did they achieve? The answer is a big NO. Pakistan was able to defend its territory against India’s offensive!
When is Defence Day 2019 in Pakistan?
The 2019 Defence Day of Pakistan falls on Friday, September 6. This year, Pakistan will mark its 54th anniversary of Defence Day with solemnity and reverence.
The Real Story: What Happened
1). At midnight of 5/6 September, without any formal declaration of war, Indian armed forces attacked Pakistan in a surprise move. They crossed the international border and attacked the Lahore and Kasur fronts.
The Indian army was 5x bigger than Pakistan and had advanced armories and weapons gifted by America. Having such power and state of the art weapons, India was highly hopeful of the victory. Their army generals bragged that they would enjoy their evening tea in Lahore and celebrate late night war-success party in Lahore’s Gymkhana club.
The surprise attack by the Indian Army in Lahore was strongly defended by the Pakistani military. The Pak Army and Pak Airforce halted the surprise Indian attack, causing heavy casualties on the assailant.
The Indian Army’s motives for capturing Lahore were thumped, and the enemy had to face a humiliating and crushing defeat in the hands of Pakistan’s Armed Forces.
2). On September 7, Pakistan Air Force Pilot Squadron Leader M.M. Alam in his F-86 Sabre shot down five Indian Air Force plans in a single sortie, which is an unbeaten World Record!
On the same day, the Pakistan Naval force, under the direction of Commodore S. M. Anwar, attacked the Indian naval radar station that was set up on the shoreline of Dwarka in India, which is roughly 320km toward the south-east of Karachi Port. The Naval operation by Pakistan was successful.
On midnight 7/8 September, the Pak military crossed two major water obstacles in a strong push. Pakistan’s armed force bolstered by mounted guns and Air Force experts overrun region Khem Karn, 6 to 8 miles indie Indian domain. Several important Indian positions at Sulemanki, Rajasthan, and Sindh were captured in striking, swift attacks by the Pak Army.
3). On September 8, India launched another series of attack on Pakistan, but this time on the city of Sialkot. This was the largest tank battle since World Warr II. The battle continued for several days and nights, resulting in numerous losses on the two sides. At last the Indian military was forced to withdraw from the Pak soil.
Indian army rushed back to their country, leaving so many tanks, weapons and other advanced armories on the Pakistani territory.
The Indo-Pak War of 1965, lasted till September 22 when both nations accepted the UN-mandated ceasefire.
Quotes Greetings Wishes Messages
The 6th September Defence Day in Pakistan is indeed one of the best national days on the calendar. It commemorates one of the greatest historical days of Indo-Pak War of 1965 when India secretly crossed the international border thinking that their surprise attack would not be retaliated by Pakistan and they would easily invade the cities of Lahore, Sialkot, and Kasur. But Pakistan army retaliated so hard that Indian forces have to escape – leaving their tanks, armories, and hundreds of army men in the capture of Pak Army.
This section shares with you the latest Pakistan Defence Day quotes, wishes, images, greetings, poetry, Shayari, and wallpapers. As Defence Day approaches, the patriots of Pakistan upload Defence Day photos on their social media, use Defence Day messages to wish their loved ones, and express love for their nation by sharing beautiful Shayari and poetry lines.
Pakistan Defence Day Quotes
- We celebrate the bravery of our fathers and ancient heroes, and honor their gift of protecting our freedom. Long may our flag wave. Happy Defence Day Pakistan!
- May Pakistan’s defence remains unshakable forever. Happy Defence Day. My heartiest salute to the martyrs of Pakistan.
- To the unknown soldier…….. “Underneath That rich soil, is a richer dust concealed” May ALLAH Almighty accept the SHAHADAT of all Shuhadas & always bless their sacred souls in Heavens. Ameen.
- SALUTE to the DEFFENDERS of PAKISTAN, GHAZIS AND SHAHEEDS. HAPPY DEFENCE DAY!
- Happy Defence Day. We salute our martyrs today and everyday for their sacrifice. May Allah bless our armed forces with more strength to fight any external force and to keep Pakistan safe. Pakistan Zindabad.
- We owe it to the blood, sweat, and tears of our valiant armed forces for standing their ground and ensuring the safety of millions. Wishing all Pakistanis a Happy Defence Day!
- 6th Sep 1965 when Pakistan Army and whole nation did a successful defence against India that marked the ceasefire in the 1965 war on 6 September. HAPPY DEFENCE DAY MOTHERLAND! Long Live Pak And Pak Army.
- There is no power on earth that can undo Pakistan! Inshallah! Happy Defence Day Pakistan!
- A very happy Defence Day to Pakistanis every where. Let’s make a promise to go out of our way to show our love and kindness to our forces.
- Pakistan is the only nation that does not hesitate for a second for giving blood for its motherland, happy Defence day Pakistan.
6th September Pakistan Kashmir Defence Day Stand with Kashmir Quotes
- I pledge, I will raise my voice against Indian Army Human Right Violation in Kashmir till my last breath
- Do and die for Kashmir. Think about Kashmir. Come out for Kashmir. Most important Kashmir. Urgent matter Kashmir. Emergence in Kashmir. Speek about Kashmir. Listening about kashmir. You for Kashmir & We for kashmir!
- Will fight for Kashmiris till last bullet, last soldier and last drop of blood.
- Wars are not fought for victory or defeat.Wars are fought for honor and dignity. Kashmiri mothers, sisters & daughters are asking their Muslim brothers tht where their guardians of honors are? Wakeup Muslim Ummah
- The Quaid-i-Azam’s vision and our belief is that Kashmir is our jugular vein. #KashmirDefenceDay
Pakistan Defence Day Wishes
- 54 years of being Victorious… Unbeatable Pakistani Nation. Happy defence day.
- Long live the Pakistan Armed Forces who sacrifice their lives to protect ours. We can never repay you! Happy Defence Day Pakistan
- Asslam o Alaikum. Happy defence day to all Pakistan. Live Long Pakistan. Live Long Pakistan Army. Always stay blessed!
- SALUTE to the FAMALIES of the SHAHEEDS. SALUTE to the DEFFENDERS of PAKISTAN,GHAZIS & SHAHEEDS. HAPPY DEFENCE DAY!
- Happy Defence Day! A big salute to our soldiers for their endless services for our nation!
- Happy Defence Day! #6September Keep on fighting against the enemy of extremism & cherish the spirit of being free… #Pakistan
- Happy Defence Day. All my gratitude to the brave men and women who defend our great nation. We salute you.
- Remembering 65, a tale of a newly born nation that knew how to safeguard its borders, long live Pakistan. Happy Defence Day.
- Happy Defence Day to all the soldiers who protect our nation w/o demanding anything, only Allah can reward you.
- Happy Defence Day Pakistan! Today we express our gratitude to the Pak Army for their selfless efforts for the nation! Thank you!
Pakistan Defence Day Greetings
- Happy defence Day. We salute to brave sons of the soil; The soldiers who laid their lives for the honor of our land.
- I Salute those who gave their today for our tomorrow & futures! Happy Defence Day to all fellow Pakistanis.
- A very happy Defence day (youm-e-difa). Salute to Pakistan Army, naval forces and PAF for protecting our mother land.
- Happy 6th September… and a defence of such remarkable standard that makes the Motherland proud.
- “6th September 1965” “Happy Defence Day” “Youme Difa-e-Pakistan Mubarak Ho”
- Today, Let us pay tribute to martyrs of nation for their great sacrifices and bravery in defending our beloved homeland. Happy Defence Day.
- No Power on Earth can undo Pakistan. Pakistan Will be Defended at All Cost. Long Live Pakistan. Happy 6th September everyone
- Happy 6th September. It’s not about winning wars. It’s about putting a price on our sovereignty; to show that we can spill blood to protect it
- The whole Pakistani nation stands with its armed forces for the Defence of Pakistan. Happy Defence Day.
- 6th September. A day to honour those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in defense of the nation. U will always b remembered. Happy defence day
Pakistan Defence Day Messages
- Happy Pakistan Defence Day to you all. The day we defeated the enemy who had huge numerical superiority
- Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Rahim…Our Fauj, Our Pride, Our land, Our Pakistan… Zindabad. Happy Defence Day!
- Shaheed Ki Jo Mout Hai, Wo Qaum Ki Hayat Hai – Happy Defence Day. Pakistan Zindabaad. Salute to our Armed Forces.
- My fellow Pakistanis happy defence day. Marking the day our jawans laid out their lives for us. Long live the Pakistan armed forces
- Happy Defence Day. Salute to all those who are sacrificing their present to save our future.
Pakistan Youm-e-Difa Poetry
- 6th September is a reminder of bravery, unity and love for our nation. Happy Defence Day
- Here’s to the brave sons of the nation who give up what is theirs to save what is ours. Happy Defence Day!
- Happy Defence Day! The memory of those martyrs keeps the spirit alive and definitely makes us stronger! Pakistan Zindabad!
- Happy Defence Day. Remember, you’re nothing without your army. Instead of cursing and blaming ’em, be glad and thankful.
- We Salute the Martyrs, Veterans & families of Pakistan’s armed forces. “Happy Defence Day”
Pakistan Yom e Difa Wishes Messages
- Tumhain Watan Ki Hawain Salam Kehti Hain… 6th September Defence Day, Youm e Difa o Shudaa. The Nation Salutes to Martyrs & their families.
- Youm-e-Difa, a day to pay tribute to the martyrs & ghazis of the 1965 war (RIP). #DefenceDay is example of discipline, professionalism & patriotism of Pakistan Armed Forces. We salute their bravery because they serve without questioning.
- The true freedom is feeling secure in our homeland and our soldiers make it possible by protecting us from our enemies. Pakistan Defence Day!
- Youm e Difa marks Pakistan’s military success and superiority in South Asia. No power can match the military might of Pakistan.
- Spirit of 1965 remains kindled today as we move towards a stronger,more stable and prosperous Pakistan.
- Youm-e-Difa, reminds us of those dauntless and daring soldiers who laid down their lives in defense of the motherland. #DefendPakistan
- Celebrate youm-e-Difa with pride and remembering the victory of Army , air force and navy war against India.
- Youm-E-Difa-E-Pakistan – The Most Golden , Greatest and Brightest Day of Our History.
- The lives of Pakistani soldiers & spies should never be taken for granted. Nor should the freedoms that are protected with their blood. InshaAllah, Pakistan is destined to be a force for peace & prosperity. On September 6, we celebrate the guardians of our people’s potential.
The Significance & Importance
Defence Day honors the national heroes of Pakistan who defended the country from India’s surprise attack. The Pakistan military made history in defending not only the areas attacked but also in protecting the lives and homes of the civilians.
India ‘s hostility against Pakistan’s border without a formal announcement of war had hugely cost it. It lost 1616 sq. miles of territory to Pakistan, as compared to 446 sq. miles of Pakistan’s undefended territory. 20 senior officers, 19 junior commissioned officers, 569 other ranks, several tanks, and lots of advanced armories were captured by the Pakistan Army – thus making September 6 an important day in the history of Pakistan.
Despite the surprise attack without any declaration of war, Pakistan Army struck back at the Indian forces and crushed all their dreams of conquering the cities of Lahore and Sialkot.
The Indian armed forces despite being large in numbers, equipped with advanced American weapons, and making a surprise move on Pakistan – had to face extreme embarrassment in the hands of Pakistan Army. Pakistan emerged from the 1965 war as a strong and self-assured nation, proud for itself and its military.
Defence Day is a day of thanksgiving when the whole Pakistani nation salutes the national heroes and the martyrs of the 1965 war, who turned the impossible into possible. Those men of steel made history by fighting with great bravery and strong faith in Allah. They didn’t let the enemy invade the cities of Pakistan because the love and passion for their people were ablaze.
The day also tributes the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) who played a huge contribution in this war, which was also the first time that the military air forces of both the nations were facing each other. The PAF pilots showed extravagant skills and the best example is that of M.M. Alam, who made a world record by shooting down five Indian fighter jets in a matter of seconds only!
Defence Day in Pakistan is one of the three most important National Days of Pakistan. The other two are: March 23 Pakistan Day – which commemorates the passing of Lahore Resolution AND 14 August Pakistan Independence Day – which celebrates the independence of Pakistan from British-ruled India.
Celebrations & Activities
Defence Day in Pakistan is celebrated annually on September 6. The whole nation celebrates this day with great patriotic zeal and fervor, in the memory of Pakistan’s successful defence against India. There are parades and festivals highlighting the importance of defence day and honoring the national heroes of the Indo-Pak War of 1965.
Here’s a complete overview of Pakistan Defense Day celebrations:
- The day dawns with prayers for the progress, development, and stability of the country – followed by a 21-gun cannon salute in Lahore and Karachi.
- There’s a change of guard ceremony at Mazar-e-Quaid in Karachi in the early morning, where a PAF contingent assumes guard duty. Wreath laying ceremonies are held at mausoleums of the 1965 war heroes and the recipients of Nishan-e-Haider (the highest gallantry award).
- Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Air Force organize shows at to honor Defence Day. Mock exercises are carried by the forces, showing how they tackles various attacks. Hundreds of people witness the show and chant “Pakistan Zindabad” on the stunning display of breath-taking stunts and amazing skills of the air and naval forces.
- The main ceremony of Defense Day is held at the General Headquarters (GHQ), where the Prime Minister and Army Chief are the chief guests. The ceremony continues for several hours – paying homage to the Pakistani military and the heroes and martyrs of the 1965 war. Special documentaries and patriotic songs are played in front of martyrs’ families who are in attendance. The ceremony ends with Prime Minister’s heart-touching and patriotic speech.
- There’s a grand Defense Day parade in Lahore. The parade showcases the strength of Pakistan’s military and presents the display of advanced armories, weapons, tanks, and missiles.
- To celebrate the day with great enthusiasm, different programmes and festivals are chalked throughout the country. All these celebrations pay tribute to the Shuhada and Ghazis of Pakistani military for their sacrifices and gallantry acts. Army officials under the orders of Army Chief, reach out to families of martyrs in their respective areas as a mark of honor and acknowledgment of their supreme sacrifices.
- Every year on September 6, ISPR (the media wing of Pakistan Army), releases a video song in remembrance of defence services by Pakistan military. The video features combined footage of nation’s all forces working together to protect the country against the harms of the enemy, whereas in the background a song loaded up with patriotic zeal can be heard.
- Documentaries and reenactments of the 6th September Indo-Pak War, are broadcasted on the national television. Schools and educational institutes too celebrate the day with Defence Day speeches, game shows, face paintings, and festivals.
- Roads and other public places everywhere throughout the nation are beautifully decorated with pennants, flags and bearing pictures of heroes of Pakistan Military under the subject of – Long Live Pakistan & We Love You Pakistan!
Essay Speech Lines for Students
The Defence Day of Pakistan falls on September 6. It is praised as the national day to recognize our military’s bid to safeguard the nation against India’s assault.
This conflict is known as the 1965 war and it occurred after the Operation Gibraltar. The 1965 war caused losses on the two sides and went on for 17 days, however, Pakistan’s solid barrier pounded Indian motives of invading Lahore and Sialkot.
Empowered’ with enthusiasm and valor, Pakistan armed forces tackled Indian surprise attacks successfully, making them understand that battling with Pakistan isn’t simple. The day is observed to remember the sacrifices and bravery of Pakistan military and of the civilians. Pakistan Air Force, with its most splendor, played a crucial job in guarding Pakistan’s air space at the season of war.
Pakistan rose up out of the 1965 war with India as a strong nation, proud for itself and its forces. Sept 6 should also be set apart as a day of thanksgiving. We should all thank Allah for the wellbeing and solidarity of Pakistan and furthermore that Allah gives us the quality, fearlessness, and assurance to secure and protect the nation no matter what, also the independence and freedom of our beloved country Pakistan.
Pakistan-India 1965 War Images: A Blast From The Past!
6th September 1965 War: Miracles & Angels
Strange miracles happened during the Indo-Pak War of 1965. After the war, many Indian soldiers claimed that they saw a large army of white angels with sharp swords. Renowned writer Mumtaz Mufti (1905-1995) mentioned the 1965 war miracles in his books. Here’s an extract of all those listed miracles:
- There was a Saint of Lahore who always kept quiet, called Chup Shah. But suddenly before the 1965 war, he started shouting in the streets: “O people of Pakistan, Today God will show miracles, Fear not, Victory will be ours”.
- Indian Army despite 5 times bigger than Pakistan Army was unable to carry out its objectives. When asked from several Indian soldiers why they failed in their mission, they replied that they saw hundreds of white horse riders wearing white dresses, coming to attack them with sharp swords in their hands.
- Indian XEN’s pilot son, who was caught during the war due to bail out, told that he didn’t know how he bailed out. “I heard voices from everywhere that Bail out, Bail out – even when there was no Pakistani aircraft tracing me to attack. I got so much confused, that I bailed out”.
- Indian General Kariepa’s son, who came to attack River Ravi’s bridge in Lahore, told that he was unable to do so. When asked why? He replied that when he reached River Ravi, he saw six bridges instead of one!
- Jang Newspaper received a letter from Madina Munawara. The letter told that one the night of September 6, two people from Madina Munawara dreamt that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is going on a horse. When they humbly asked the Prophet, where’s he going? He replied: “Going on Jihad in Pakistan”.
- Renowned Hakeem Nayyar Wasti was in Madina Munawara amid 1965 war. Subsequent to returning to Pakistan, he reported that a woman who lived in Madina from last 18 years and she every day sat close to the Blessed grill of Roza-e-Rasool (PBUH) told on 6 September that she saw Prophet (PBUH) rapidly coming out of his grave. His Hair was unfastened. She never observed Blessed Prophet (PBUH) in such haste before.
- Nayyar Wasti Sahib stated, a Saint who used to meet him in Roza-e-Rasool (PBUH) on a regular basis, vanished on 6 September. One of his pupils told that he has gone to Pakistan for Jihad.
- Indian Army, who was attacking Sialkot city, stopped by looking vacant battlefield. They thought it was a game by Pakistan Army to encircle them.
- Many bombs were descended on Sargodha but only two blasted and that too away from the target.
- 21 bombs were descended in Rawalpindi but only 5 got exploded.
- Many Indian soldiers claimed that instead of a few hundred Pak soldiers, they saw millions of soldiers coming to attack them. “Huge army with swords gave us losses. Light emanated from their swords” – a statement by Indian army personnel after the Indo-Pak War of 1965.
- Indian army prisoners who were caught in Sialkot, later asked the Pakistani officers: “Who were those white dress soldiers in your army”
- A prisoner of Khemkaran told that he saw horse riders in red dresses, which completely confused his entire group who was ready to attack Pakistan.
- An Indian Pilot prisoner in Multan told that he saw three old men catching the bombs dropped by him from the aircraft and throwing them away.
There are also several other Indo-Pak 1965 War miracles reported in different books. At the midnight of September 6, many Islamic scholars and Ulemas dreamt of Pakistan’s victory in this battle and even saw saints and angels coming to help Pakistan Army defeat India.
|6 September Pakistan Defence Day|
|Defence Day in Pakistan is celebrated annually on September 6th, commemorating the successfull defence of Pakistan Army against surprise attacks by the Indian army. India came to conquer Lahore, but Pakistani military made it impossible for the Indian forces to capture Lahore. Today, the day of September 6 is celebrated with patriotic zeal in Pakistan – with the whole nation paying special tribute to the war heroes and martyrs.|
|Date:||Friday, September 6, 2019|
Ceremony in Pakistan Army Headquarters, parades, festivals, cannon salute, wreath laying and change of guard ceremony, patriotic songs
Commemorates the successful defence of Pakistan against Indian attack
Youm e Difa, 6th September Day, Youm e Fauj, Defense Day, National Defence Day