The Administrative Professionals Day in New Zealand is celebrated every Wednesday of the International Administrative Professionals Week, which usually falls on the last week of April. However, in New Zealand, the day occasionally falls a week earlier to avoid coinciding with the ANZAC Day public holiday.
About the Administrative Professionals Day in New Zealand
The Administrative Professionals Day (AP Day or APD) is celebrated widely all over the country. Events range from breakfasts to after-work cocktail functions and dinners. Normally, these events include a relevant guest speaker or a presentation. The President also delivers a speech to the whole nation. Groups will often giveaway prizes donated by national and local sponsors. Many groups use this special day to present their annual group awards. But the main essence of this celebration remains the same – to give honor and recognition to all administrative workers for all their hard work and significant contributions to the company, business, or organization that they work for.
The celebration of Administrative Professionals Day started in the United States in 1952. The founder of this celebration is Professional Secretaries International – now called the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP). It usually falls in the last week in April. The event is celebrated by administrative professionals and their management over the week but the actual day of the celebration is focused on encouraging managers and employers to give their office administrators special recognition.
As mentioned earlier, the Administrative Professionals Day in Zealand is celebrated every Wednesday of the International Administrative Professionals Week. This means that the upcoming celebration of this day will be held on April 21.
This is an important day of celebration because it gives dedication and honor to all people working in administrative positions. For sure, companies and businesses cannot operate properly without the work of these professionals. Moreover, giving recognition to administrative workers will give them all the more reason to become motivated and to perform even better in their respective works.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Administrative Professionals Day in New Zealand as best as it can be:
Honor and Recognize Administrative Professionals
Perhaps the best way to celebrate this event is to give recognition to all of your administrative employees. Scientific studies have linked recognition with increased motivation and improved productivity. Hence, recognizing the efforts of your employees will not only let you form good relationships with them but also make them better in terms of their work.
Give them Presents
Also, a good idea to celebrate this day is to give presents to administrative workers. Take a little bit of effort to know what they like and then give it to them.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #AdministrativeProfessionalsDayInNewZealand to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
Greetings and Messages
- You do so much to keep this place going — and somehow, you do it with a smile on your face. Your positivity is a breath of fresh air. Thank you!
- I know I don’t tell you this enough, but your contribution to this team is tremendous. I appreciate your work ethic and a great attitude, and I’m so grateful to have you here. I hope you have a wonderful day!
- You’ve made my life easier more times than I could ever count, and I’m especially grateful for all the times you’ve helped me rearrange my schedule to accommodate meetings. I’d be lost without you. Thanks for being such an amazing administrative professional!
- All your hard work around here doesn’t go unnoticed. Thank you so much for everything you do!
- Thanks for all the ways you pitch in around here!
- You’re really, really helpful, and I’m so grateful for you!
- I don’t know how you handle everything you do. I hope your day is as great as you are!
- [I just want you to know that you’re deeply appreciated, and I can’t thank you enough for all you do.
- Thanks for being the best administrative assistant on the planet!
- You’re like a human Siri, always helping everybody out and asking nothing in return. You’re the best!
- You’re one badass administrative assistant.
- Thanks for making it look like I know what I’m doing around here!
- I’m sure you get frustrated on a daily basis — but you never show it! Thanks for putting up with us!