The National Best Friends Day is celebrated every 8th of June each year. This special day aims to honor the special person you call your best friends. This is the opportune time to let them know how much you appreciate and love them. This is the best time to make them feel special and to cherish your friendship with them.
- 1 About the Best Friends Day
- 2 History
- 3 Dates
- 4 Why Celebrate
- 5 Celebration Ideas and Activities
- 6 Messages
About the Best Friends Day
A best friend is someone you can count on. He or she is always there for you whenever you need help. Your best friend is someone whom you can share your secrets with, do fun things together, hang out with anytime, and someone you can lean on. To cherish this special kind of relationship with their best friends, people celebrate the National Best Friends Day.
During this special day of celebration, people do all sorts of activities that let them show their best friends how much they mean to them. They spend quality time with each other, give each other some gifts, write a letter expressing love to one’s best friend, and many more activities.
According to some people, the National Best Friends Day was founded in Richmond, Virginia in 2002. This origin story tells that various musicians and artists who happened to be best friends decided to conduct a party at a local water park. To make this celebration one that would last a lifetime, they started the trend of making this day one about best friends. They informed the rest of Richmond to bring their best friends over for the celebration. Soon after, many people started celebrating this day dedicated to their best friends. The event quickly spread out and became somehow widely celebrated. But still, the holiday remains to be an unofficial one.
As mentioned earlier, the National Best Friends Day is always celebrated on the 8th of June each year. This means that the upcoming Best Friends Day will be held on Monday, June 8, 2021.
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Best Friends Day:
Your Best Friend is Your Family
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is that your best friend is practically your family. You share the same bond with him or her as if you are siblings. This kind of special bond that you should with your friend is something worth celebrating during this event.
Your Best Friends is Someone You Have Fun With
Also a good reason to celebrate this day is the fact that your best friends is someone that you have fun with most of the time. You understand each other’s humor and you laugh even at the very simple funny things. This fun in life is something that you should treasure and one that is worth celebrating during the Best Friends Day.
Your Best Friends is Your Friend Forever
Most of your friends come and go. There are people we meet some time in our lives. We become friends with them but when they move or when we move to another place, we lost our connection with them. However, that is not the case for your best friends. Nothing, even distance, can separate you from your best friends. You are always there for each other. Even when you are far apart, you find ways to connect with each other. You contact each other often and when you really miss each other, you set a schedule to meet personally. That is why you should celebrate this day because your best friend will be there for you forever and ever.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Best Friends Day as best as it can be:
Spend Quality Time with Your Best Friend
One good thing you can do to celebrate this day nicely is to spend quality time with your best friend. You can do a lot of things together that you will enjoy together. You can perhaps be adventurous and celebrate outside by going on a mountain hiking, biking together, etc. If not, you can just celebrate indoors and do some movie marathon while you binge on your favorite foods.
Arrange a Surprise Party
You can also celebrate this day by arranging a surprise party that your best friend will be thrilled to have. Invite your friends and family over and make this party something that celebrates the special bond you have with this special friend of yours.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can share pictures of you and your best friend and show the world how happy you are having a best friend like him or her. Along with that, you should use the hashtag #NationalBestFriendsDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
- We both and the world know how crazy we are to celebrate this best friend’s day!
- God really did something special for me on earth I believed and it proved when I met you!
- I want to be your BFF until I’m too old to remember what BFF means.
- You’re my favorite person to be socially awkward with.
- We’re so hilarious together that I feel bad for the people who don’t get to listen to our conversations.
- Not everyone is lucky to have a best friend like you. Wishing you happy best friends day.
- With a best friend you don’t have to talk, they can understand you!
- Your warm and caring ways really make my days. Happy best friends day.
- I cannot ask more with God because he already gave me the world in you!
- Friendship doesn’t come with any price tag and that is why it is my favorite!
- I am so glad that you are my best friend! Happy best friends day.
- There is nothing on the earth which need appreciation than true friendship.
- Today I want to thank my best friends for being there and I want to let you know that I’m grateful to you.
- My dear friend, even though our lives have changed, you will hold a special place in my heart forever.
- No matter how many people come in your life and go. Only best friends stay with you.
- I don’t know why you kept the magnet so close to me. I’m attracted to your friendship.
- Today I want to let you know that your friendship means a lot to me. Happy best friends day dear.