The National Chocolate Pudding Day is a celebration observed every 26th of June of the year. Chocolate pudding is a delicacy that has been loved by a lot of people both children and adults. It is usually eaten as a dessert or a snack. It can also be used as a filling for chocolate pie. Because of the extreme love of people for chocolate pudding, an entire day was dedicated just for it. People enjoy celebrating the National Chocolate Pudding Day as much as they love celebrating the National Cheesecake Day. During such a day, various activities related to chocolate pudding are held.
Want to skip ahead to a particular section?
- 1 What is National Chocolate Pudding Day?
- 2 History of National Chocolate Pudding Day
- 3 When is National Chocolate Pudding Day?
- 4 How to Celebrate National Chocolate Pudding Day?
- 5 Facts About the National Chocolate Pudding Day
What is National Chocolate Pudding Day?
Chocolate pudding is a cream made from chocolate. Usual ingredients include cocoa, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and milk. It is usually made by mixing such ingredients in a pan, heating, boiling, and then stirring until a creamy composition is made. Today, there are lots of varieties of chocolate pudding depending on the ingredients used for making it. The aim of the National Chocolate Pudding Day is to give dedication to this delicacy that gives delight to those who eat it. that is why different kinds of activities are held for this day. such activities include pudding making contests, chocolate pudding eating contests, and tutorials for cooking chocolate pudding.
History of National Chocolate Pudding Day
The National Chocolate Pudding day has a quite rich history. Its roots can be traced back from when the pudding was invented by humankind.
The origin of puddings can be traced back to the 17th century when the recipes for such treat started to appear. During those times, puddings were made from flour, butter, suet, and cereals. These are actually different puddings from what we eat today. Originally, egg was used to thicken puddings. However, the invention of powdered mixes for creating pudding started to make eggs less popular ingredients for making pudding.
The original pudding made by people was quite lacking in terms of flavor. Hence, people started to experiment on the various flavors that could be incorporated into puddings. One flavor that instantly became popular and a success was the chocolate pudding. It was made by combining sugar and milk into the original pudding mix. Sometimes, people also use cornstarch, gelatin, tapioca, or rice to thicken the mixture.
Unfortunately, we don’t know for sure when and how the national chocolate pudding day started. We don’t even know who started this celebration. But we are quite sure with one thing – the celebration of this day started to give honor and dedication to the dessert and snack that everyone loves to eat.
When is National Chocolate Pudding Day?
This day is always celebrated on the 26th of June each year. This means that this year, the event will be celebrated on Wednesday, June 26, 2019. And next year, people will have fun celebrating the National Chocolate Pudding Day on June 26, 2020.
How to Celebrate National Chocolate Pudding Day?
Various activities are done to make the celebration of this day as fun and enjoyable as possible. Some of these are:
Make Chocolate Pudding Delicacies
Perhaps the best way to celebrate this day is to make chocolate pudding delicacies. But of course to do those, you must first know how to make a good chocolate pudding. If you don’t know how, then you can rely on a good recipe online or a cookbook which will teach you how to make a delicious chocolate pudding. You may add in ingredients that would make the mixture taste better. Such ingredients include cinnamon, dark chocolate bits, and whipped cream. And with that, you can try making chocolate pudding cakes and even mud pies.
Throw a Chocolate Pudding Party
You can make your celebration of this day a lot more socialized and fun by throwing a chocolate pudding party. Perhaps you can invite your friends and relative over to celebrate with you. You can share some stories and chitchat with each other as you go through your chocolate pudding dishes.
Celebrate Chocolate Pudding Day on Social Media
You can also take the celebration on social media. You can for instance use the hashtag #NationalChocolatePuddingDay to let your friends and followers know that you are participating in this one of a kind event.
Facts About the National Chocolate Pudding Day
Your celebration of this day cannot be maxed out if you don’t share some good facts about the National Chocolate Pudding Day. here are some interesting ones:
- While the National Chocolate Pudding Day is celebrated on June 26, the National Butterscotch Pudding Day is celebrated on September 19.
- There is a proverb that says “The proof of the pudding’s in the eating” can be traced back to the 17th century, which is the time when the pudding was invented by humankind.
- The word pudding is believed to have come from the French word boudin which in turn originated from the latin word botellus which means small sausage. Botellus is an encased meat used to make medieval European pudding.
- The 17th century pudding was different from the pudding we eat today. Our modern day pudding originated from the mid-19th century pudding which was a sweat and creamy confection.
- In the UK and other commonwealth countries, pudding refers to dairy based products such as rice pudding, and more informally to sweet dishes eaten after the main course.
- In the United States, pudding refers to sweet milk-based desserts.