The Collector Car Appreciation Day or CCAD for short is a yearly celebration that aims to raise awareness about car collection and the restoration of old automobiles, as well as the roles that they play in the American society. Car collectors today try to preserve even the oldest automobiles that they can find. They put their time and effort into restoring cars. With that, they deserve to be honored and recognized for their knowledge and talents. Hence, we celebrate the Collector Car Appreciation Day every year.
About the Collector Car Appreciation Day
During Collector Car Appreciation Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the purposes or objectives of this event. For one, people greet and express their gratitude on car collectors. People who are car collectors themselves also celebrate by showcasing the cars they have restored themselves. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this special day.
The Collector Car Appreciation Day was first recognized on July 9, 20109. It was when US Senate resolution 513 was sponsored by Senators Richard Burr and Jon Tester. The first CCAD celebration was composed of different events staged on a nationwide level. These events were composed of car cruises, car driving, open houses, and more. The organizations responsible for leading the events are the Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO), Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), and the Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA).
The date of the Collector Car Appreciation Day is set yearly by the SEMA Action Network (SAN). The upcoming celebration of this day will be held on July 10. Being a movable observance, the following are the dates of celebration of this event: This holiday is just as fun as bicycle day .
- July 9, 2010
- July 8, 2011
- July 13, 2012
- July 12, 2013
- July 14, 2017
- July 13,
- July 12,
- July 10,
- July 9,
This event is celebrated only once a year. But all year round, car collectors work hard to restore cars and collect them. Hence, you should celebrate this day by thanking and appreciating car collectors because it rarely happens. Recognize their talents and make them feel good about themselves.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Collector Car Appreciation Day as best as it can be:
Greet Car Collectors
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to greet car collectors, which is obviously the best thing to do. Greeting them during this special day dedicated for them will surely put a smile on their faces. If you personally know someone who is a car collector, giving a letter of appreciation or a gift can be better.
Restore Cars and Showcase Them
If you are a car collector yourself, then you should prepare days or even months ahead of this event. Use your knowledge and talent in restoring cars to bring back old unusable cars onto the road. Once you have done this, it is time to showcase them during the event. Let people know about the restored cars you have collected.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #CollectorCarAppreciationDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
- Cheers to all car lovers out there. You worked hard investing in your own car collection so pat yourselves on the back. Happy Collector Car Appreciation Day!
- Some people insultingly say that collecting cars make no sense. But it does to people who work hard to have them. Happy Collector Car Appreciation Day!
- Happy Collector Car Appreciation Day to all the people who loves collecting autos. But don’t forget to walk or use a bicycle when the place you will go to is just so near. You will save some fuel and also reduce air pollution for mother Earth.
- Happy Collector Car Appreciation Day. Time to showcase your different brands, designs, and styles of automobiles.
- Today marks the racing day because it is the Collector Car Appreciation Day. Do race legally and safely!
Celebration Ideas and Activities
- “The cars we drive say a lot about us.” – Alexandra Paul
- “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.” – Prince Philip
- “The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.: – Marshall McLuhan
- “All human males were as fascinated with cars as they were with breasts.” – Anita Clenney
- “Always focus on the front windshield and not the review mirror.” – Colin Powell
- “Money may not buy happiness, but I’d rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus.” – Françoise Sagan
- “With each replacement of parts, a car slowly becomes Chinese.” – Mr. Kuniyasu
- “By the end of the 1950s, American cars were so reliable that their reliability went without saying even in car ads. Thousands of them bear testimony to this today, still running on the roads of Cuba though fueled with nationalized Venezuelan gasoline and maintained with spit and haywire.” – P. J. O’Rourke
- “The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.” – Dudley Moore
- “I had to stop driving my car for a while… the tires got dizzy.” – Steven Wright
- “I’ve always been asked, ‘What is my favorite car?’ and I’ve always said ‘The next one.’
“ – Carroll Shelby
- “There’s three things men always talk about – women, sports, and cars.” – Mario Lopez
- “A dream without ambition is like a car without gas… you’re not going anywhere.” – Sean Hampton
- “I couldn’t find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself.” – Ferdinand Porsche
- “There’s a lot of stress… but once you get in the car, all that goes out the window.” – Dan Brown
- “The way I drive, the way I handle a car, is an expression of my inner feelings.” – Lewis Hamilton
- “One person’s car is another person’s scenery.” – Jonathan Ive
- “Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car.” – E. B. White