The National Disc Jockey Day is celebrated every 20th of January each year. A disc jockey, more popularly known as a DJ, is a person who plays recorded music usually in a club, radio, or in an event. A DJ mixes recorded music from CDs, cassettes, and digital audio files in a laptop or a CDJ. They make events fun by playing music, mixing the mood of people, and making parties aa total worth of time. Thus, to show appreciation to them, the National Disc Jockey Day or the National DJ Day is celebrated every year.
About the National Disc Jockey Day
During the National Disc Jockey Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives of this special day. For one, people throw parties and hire a DJ to perform music there. Others just go to a club with a good DJ and party there all night long. People also express their gratitude to all DJs on social media.
According to historical accounts, the first ever DJ was sixteen-year-old Ray Newby from the year 1909. He was a student at Herrold College of Engineering and Wireless. He studied under the supervision of Charles Herrold. His experiment, which started in the Garden City Bank Building of the college was soon reproduced by radio broadcasters. The word disc jockey was coined by Walter Winchell 25 years later.
Read Out: College Day Scandinavia
The National Disc Jockey Day was founded to honor the death of Albert “Alan” James Freed. Freed, also known as Moondog, was an influential disc jockey in the 1950s. He is credited with popularizing the term “rock ‘n’ roll” that was used to describe the new genre of music. Currently, the National Disc Jockey Day is celebrated by many people. Of course, this celebration is all about music.
As mentioned earlier, the National Disc Jockey Day is celebrated every 20th of January every year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- January 20 Monday
- January 20 Wednesday
- 2022 January 20 Thursday
- 2023 January 20 Friday
- 2024 January 20 Saturday
Why Celebrate Disc Jockey Day
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Disc Jockey Day:
DJs Have Exceptional Talent
One good reason to celebrate this day is that DJs are exceptionally talented. We might not recognize that at first but it is not easy to mix music and play songs that would stoke up people. DJs can somehow play with our emotions. They get us to party, be wild, and even dance at slow sad songs.
DJs Get Us Dancing
Also a good reason to celebrate this day is that DJs get us dancing on the dance floor. They are so good at playing music that we even dance our hearts out to the songs that they play. We all have to admit that DJs are crucial in us having a good time at a party. So they do deserve our gratitude which is why we should celebrate this occasion.
Music is Universal
Music is pretty much everywhere. It is universal regardless of gender, race, religion, or even nationality. And DJs are pretty much a very important part of that. Hence, we should celebrate this day not only for DJs but also for the universality of music.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Disc Jockey Day as best at can be:
Request for a DJ at Your Party
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to throw a party with a DJ in it. You can invite your friends over at a venue you prepared where you can party all day and all night with a DJ who can really play music.
Go to a Club
If you don’t want to throw a party with a DJ in it, then you can just celebrate by going to a club and party there all night long. For sure, clubs will have their own hired DJ who can play music and make people, including you, dance on the dance floor.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalDiscJockeyDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
- Today is Disc Jockey Day. It is a business in which ‘hit the next button day’ fills you with energy.
- Hang on! Today is Disc Jockey Day. If you’re a DJ, we salute you. We dedicate this day to adore you!
- I may not a Disc Jockey but I can still celebrate Disc Jockey Day because I have wonderful collections of music.
- Happy national disc jockey day to all the radio jocks and DJs out there! Disc Jockey Day.
- Happy Disc Jockey Day! Hope it’s super-duper for you all!
- It’s National Disc Jockey Day! Let’s spin some hot DJ songs and dance to the tune of it.
- Dear DJs, Happy Disc Jockey Day. This is a ‘thing’ will have you both in the greatest of rages.
- Today is National Disc Jockey Day. I salute DJs who sling the hits every day! Rock on.
- Happy Disc Jockey Day to all. Today pick some fantastic music and spread it out in your room to make the feel of the day.
- Today is National Disc Jockey day. Come out of your Televisions and enjoy some live DJ music.
- Today is Disc Jockey Day. Respect DJs and salute them! DJ’s don’t need a day because they party every day.
- Dedicate a song to all the DJs today because it is national disc jockey day.
- Happy disc jockey day to our great supporters. Enjoy on the dance floor!