The National Earth Day is celebrated all over the world every 22nd of April each year. Although different countries may have different dates of celebration for this event, the culmination happens on April 22. This day aims to inspire people in appreciating our planet. We still face a lot of problems here in our world especially when it comes to pollution. Hence, the Earth day focuses on its healing.
About the National Earth Day
Though not an official holiday, the Earth Day celebration is participated in a by a lot of people from all around the world. People celebrate this day by taking good care of Mother Earth. People plant trees, decrease their carbon footprints, shut off their lights, and many more. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this day.
The idea for this celebration was first conceived by US Senator Gaylord Nelson in 1969. He witnesses the devastating effects of an expansive oil spin in Santa Barbara, California. He thus, called forth all Americans to help protect the environment. In 1970, thousands of participants from colleges and universities in the USA organized a series of protests and rallies campaigning for a healthier and more sustainable Earth. They raised the issues of air pollution, loss of habitat, and animal extinction. The first-ever celebration of Earth Day inspired the creation of the United States Environment Protection Agency and Clean Air, Clean Water, and Endangered special law.
As mentioned earlier, National Earth Day is celebrated every 22nd of April each year.
The main reason why you should celebrate this day is that Mother Earth urgently needs you right now. And not just you but all the people in the world. You must participate in the celebration to join hands with other people in saving our precious planets. Earth is bleeding so much and a lot of things must be done to put an end to the things that harm it including pollution.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of National Earth Day as best as it can be:
Make a Difference Yourself
There are little things that you can do to help mother Earth. But these little things do contribute and can create much bigger impacts. Instead of driving, why not walk if your office is just near the place you are staying at. Or maybe ride the bicycle. This holiday is just as fun as the bicycle day . You can also try to pick up trash you see in the streets and then dispose of them properly (segregated into biodegradable, non-biodegradable, and recyclable).
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
You can also celebrate this day by following the 3Rs: reduce, reuse, and recycle. Try to reduce your use of things that may harm the environment just like plastics. If possible, try to get rid of using it at all costs. If you have things that can be reused, then do not dispose of them and make use of them. Recycle things in your garbage. They may be valuable.
Inspire on Social Media
You can also celebrate this day on social media. It would be a good time to inspire other people about this celebration. Tell them about Earth Day, its purposes, and how they can celebrate the day. Tell them that mother Earth needs our help. You can use the hashtag #EarthDay in this endeavor.
Earth Day Messages and Greetings
- Create a greener world before it becomes a fantasy for our next generation. Happy Earth Day Everybody.
- Happy Earth day to one of the most beautiful Creations on this earth. Let’s do our bit and save it for tomorrow.
- Let us promise to plant one tree one person every year and we will have a much greener and happier planet to live on.
- It is our responsibility to hand over Earth in a healthier form to our coming generation. Let us work together to make it a better place. Happy Earth Day!
- Earth has always given us every comfort and necessity of life. It takes care of everyone like a mother and we must also protect it and care for it in the best way. Happy Earth Day.
- On the occasion of Earth Day, we must pledge to take care of our planet by planting trees, by controlling pollution to protect it from all negativities. Wishing you a Happy Earth Day.
- We must express our gratitude to Mother Earth by taking care of it; protecting it and by making it a healthier and greener place to live. Wishing you and your family Happy Earth Day!
- Don’t forget that you have inherited this Earth from your ancestors to pass it on to your children…. The onus of taking good care of it lies on your shoulders. Happy Earth Day.
- The beauty of Earth lies in its simplicity and natural look…. Let us pledge to conserve its natural resources and protect it from degradation. Happy Earth Day to you.
- Save our planet. Save Earth. Happy earth day to all
National Earth Day Quotes
- “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” —Lady Bird Johnson
- “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” —John Muir
- “A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.” —John James Audubon
- “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the Earth.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “We need the tonic of wildness—to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk, and hear the booming of the snipe; to smell the whispering sedge where only some wilder and more solitary fowl builds her nest, and the mink crawls with its belly close to the ground.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” —John Muir
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” —Albert Einstein
- “The good man is the friend of all living things.” —Gandhi
- “An understanding of the natural world and what’s in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment.” —David Attenborough
- “It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living.” —David Attenborough