Father’s Day is celebrated by many countries all over the world every third Sunday of June every year. This day aims to make fathers feel that they are loved and appreciated, especially by their own family. They work hard so that their families earn a living, hence it is just right to celebrate a special day dedicated for them.
Read Also: National Couple Day
About the Father’s Day
During the Father’s Day, people all over the world celebrate by doing activities that let them show their appreciation and love for their father. For one, people give gifts to their father. They also couple that up with letters of appreciation. People also shout out on social media how they celebrate this special day.
Sonora Smart Dodd is the originator of the idea of the Father’s Day celebration. Her father, named William Jackson Smart, was a civil war veteran who still managed to raise his six children alone. Knowing that there is a special day for mothers, Sonora also wanted to have one for fathers. So she decided to celebrate Father’s Day on her own father’s birthday which fell on the 5th of June. Unfortunately, though, her preparations were not yet done so she decided to move the celebration on the 3rd Sunday of June. This is the date being followed by a lot of countries, including the USA, for the celebration of the Father’s Day.
As mentioned earlier, the Father’s Day is celebrated every third Sunday of June each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Sunday, June 21,
- Sunday, June 20,
- Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Sunday, June 18, 2023
- Sunday, June 16, 2024
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Father’s Day:
Our Fathers Make Us Laugh
Most of the time, we laugh because of how great the humor of our fathers have. They are always there to make sure that we can have a good talk and do humorous stuff to make us laugh. We might not notice it all the time but our fathers try hard and do their best to see smiles in our faces. Hence, celebrating this day will allow us to thank our fathers for making us happy all the time.
Our Fathers Teach Us Wall
Fathers are also good teachers. They teach us in so many aspects like school or fixing things. They also teach us about life. They give us the knowledge and skills that will allow us to survive in this harsh world. Our daddies are always there to guide us and show which way to go to. Hence, celebrating Father’s Day is a good way to remember how good of a teacher our fathers are.
Our Fathers Are Very Patient
Our fathers are so patient that it takes a lot for them to get angry. They give us whatever we want and they make sure to do so. They work hard for our families. They provide us earnings for our daily living. They give their full effort and perspire with it as they are inspired to make us live the best lives possible. We do value this patience that they have when we remember this quality during Father’s Day.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Father’s Day as best as it can be:
Show Appreciation to Your Father
Perhaps the best thing that you can do for your celebration of this day is to make your father feel he is greatly appreciated by you. You won’t know how valuable this is until you yourself becomes a father. Perhaps you can give your father a heartfelt letter telling him how much you love him and how greatly you thank him for all that he has done for you and your entire family.
Give a Gift to Your Father
Also a good way to spend this day is to give your father a good gift that he will appreciate. It does not need to be expensive. Just make sure that it is something that your father likes and will appreciate when you give it to him. You can then make this far better by spending time with your family.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #HappyFather’sDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
- “Dad, you are my hero and my role model. Thanks for being here for me and being a great example.”
- “Happy Father’s Day! You’re not just my father, but one of my closest friends.”
- “You’re my one and only dad, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “You will never go out of style. Happy Father’s day to the coolest dad ever.”
- “The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have a dad like you. You have provided stability in my life and the love and acceptance I needed. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I’ve needed. Everything you’ve taught me has stuck with me and I’m lucky to have a dad like you.”
- “Dad, you have given me the best things in life: Your time, your care, and your love. I am truly grateful to have you in my life. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “There’s no possible way I could pay you back for all that you have done for me growing up, but I greatly appreciate all your hard work raising me. I wouldn’t be who I am today without you.”
- “It’s that time of year again when everyone tries to tell themselves that they had the best dad in the world. I really did have the best dad in the world, so they can’t be right.”
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
- “I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” – Liza Minnelli
- “My dad’s my best mate, and he always will be.” – Cher Lloyd
- “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.” – Wade Boggs
- “An almost perfect relationship with his father was the earthly root of all his wisdom.” – C.S. Lewis
- “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” – Steve Martin
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” – Unknown
- “It’s only when you grow up and step back from him — or leave him for your own home — it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.” – Margaret Truman
- “He adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector.” – Tom Wolfe
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” – Charles Wadsworth