The National Make a Gift Day is celebrated every 3rd of December each year. This day aims to promote gift giving amongst the people. Though the holidays is unofficial, many people participate in its celebration because it is so much like Christmas – wherein gift giving is the main activity. If you love giving gifts or if you want to receive gifts from the people, then you should not miss the celebration of this special day.
About the National Make a Gift Day
Giving gifts is an expression of love and care for the people who receive them. Giving gift can also be a way of wanting to know someone more or even as an act of apology. Different cultures all over the world celebrate festivals and events where gift giving is a major part. They include birthdays, Christmas, weddings, housewarmings, showers, retirements, and many more.
During the National Make a Gift Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make some food delicacies that they want to give to other people. Others prefer to make some DIY gifts that their loved ones can appreciate. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
With limited knowledge about the origins of gift giving, even less is known about the history of the National Make a Gift Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that gift giving is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Make a Gift Day is celebrated every 3rd of December each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Thursday, December 3, 2020
- Friday, December 3, 2021
- Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Sunday, December 3, 2023
- Tuesday, December 3, 2024
- Wednesday, December 3, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Make a Gift Day as best as it can be:
Make Handmade Gifts
One great idea for your celebration of this day is to make some handmade gifts. This involved you making some DIY things that you can give to a friend or family. You can buy for some DIY kits that would enable you to make fascinating things. You can also rely on your own creativity to make such gifts. A helpful thing to do would be to first think about the gift that your friends and family would like. And from that, you can have a great idea of what gifts you can give to them and they would love to have.
Cook Dishes to Gift
Alternatively, you can just make some dishes that you can give to your family and friends. You may want to try our making some pastries like cakes and pies. You can also cook them meals. More practically, you can invite them over your house and have a dinner with them. There are so many foods that you can make to make your celebration of this day very satisfactory. Again, it might be helpful to first know which foods your family and friends would like or love.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalMakeAGiftDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” ―Anne Frank
- “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” ―H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” ―Maya Angelou
- “It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.” ―Albert Einstein
- “We must give more in order to get more. It is the generous giving of ourselves that produces the generous harvest.” ―Orison Swett Marden
- “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” ―Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” ―Pablo Picasso
- “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” ―Winston S. Churchill
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ―Charles Dickens
- “Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege.” ―John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- “For it is in giving that we receive.” ―St. Francis of Assisi
- “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.” ―Ben Carson
- “The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” —Dorothy Day
- “The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others.” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” —Booker T. Washington