The National Apple Cider Day is celebrated every 18th of November each year. This day gives recognition to apple cider – everyone’s favorite beverage. It is also used as an ingredient in various dishes, meals, and desserts. It is indeed one of the most joyful things about the autumn season when apple fruits are ready for harvest. Apple cider is made from fruit. It is a richly seasoned beverage that a lot of people love, maybe including you. If you are a fan of apple cider, you definitely should not miss the celebration of National Apple Cider Day.
About the National Apple Cider Day
During National Apple Cider Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to buy some apple cider from a local store that produces natural and fresh apple cider. Other people prefer to make an apple cider on their own from a fresh pile of apples. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Apple cider is a drink that has a rich history. The beverage has been in existence ever since apples and presses have existed together. Cider is a fermented apple juice. It is prepared in a similar manner to beer. But more often than not, apple cider is made unfermented by putting in apples in a press. The result is a non-filtered and non-sweetened version of apple juice that retains its natural flavor.
With limited knowledge about the origins of apple cider, even less is known about the history of the National Apple Cider Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that apple cider is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Apple Cider Day is celebrated every 18th of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 18,
- Thursday, November 18,
- Friday, November 18, 2022
- Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Monday, November 18, 2024
- Tuesday, November 18, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Apple Cider Day as best as it can be:
Look for a Locally Produced Apple Cider
You can actually buy apple cider from the grocery or supermarket. However, the best version of apple cider is the one that you can buy from local mills or private farms that produce apple cider from their apple orchards. These apples are not industrially produced. They have undergone the natural process of growth. Hence, you might want to fight for this kind of apple cider.
Make Some Apple Cider
If you have some apples, maybe you can put in the extra effort of making your own apple cider. You will need a press for that. You can then refer to a cookbook or an online guide that will teach you how to make a delicious apple cider.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalAppleCiderDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- Give me yesterday’s bread, this day’s flesh, and last year’s cider – Benjamin Franklin
- The older I get, the more I become an apple pie, sparkling cider kind of guy. – Scott Foley
- The heat of autumn is different from the heat of summer. One ripens apples, the other turns them into cider. – Jane Hirshfield
- I’ll squeeze the cider out of your adam’s apple. – Moe Howard
- Everybody thinks I drink beer but I actually like cider! – Prince William
- The tarter the apple, the tastier the cider. – Beverly Lewis
- The winter will be short, the summer long, The autumn amber-hued, sunny and hot, Tasting of cider and of scuppernong; All seasons sweet, but autumn best of all. The squirrels in their silver fur will fall Like falling leaves, like fruit, before your shot. – Elinor Wylie
- I’m an all-things-in-moderation kind of person. I do eat a warm donut occasionally. I especially enjoy a cider donut when I’m apple picking. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. – Rachael Ray
- He that drinks his Cyder alone, let him catch his Horse alone. – Benjamin Franklin
- I love cooking during Christmas, all smells like the hot apple cider, the hot spiced wine. – Amy Smart
- I have to have lemon and honey. I have to have apple cider vinegar, Braggs. And I have to have either Red Vines or Twizzlers. These things, you know, are the things that help my vocal performance. – Mary J. Blige
- When I was a little kid, my mother and I used to watch the Golden Globes and I would dress up and she would get sparkling apple cider and we would make a tray of hors doeuvres and watch it together. And I would get up and make a pretend speech. – Lea Michele