The National Bavarian Cream Pie Day is celebrated every 27th of November each year. This day gives recognition to Bavarian cream pie – everyone’s favorite pastry dessert. People can indulge themselves into a slice or even a whole piece of Bavarian cream pie. This dessert is made from egged custard in layers of whipped cream and Bavarian cream in a shell of pie.
About the National Bavarian Cream Pie Day
Bavarian cream is also called crème bavaroise. It is a custard cream made with gelatin. It has different flavors made from various recipes. This cream can then be put inside a pie crust and shell, chilled, and then served. There are different variations of Bavarian cream. But note that aside from pie, other kinds of desserts can be made using Bavarian cream and that includes cakes and cupcakes.
During the National Bavarian Cream Pie Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own Bavarian cream pie. Other people prefer to buy some Bavarian cream pie from a bakery or pastry shop. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Careme is known for establishing different kinds of French cooking techniques during the early 19th century. These recipes are still being used today. One dessert that Careme is known for is Bavarian cream. Initially, only luxury hotels and gourmet restaurants served Bavarian cream pie in France. Until more and more places and countries learned to make this dessert.
With limited knowledge about the origins of Bavarian cream pie, even less is known about the history of the National Bavarian Cream Pie Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such an event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that Bavarian cream pies are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Bavarian Cream Pie Day is celebrated every 27th of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Friday, November 27,
- Saturday, November 27,
- Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Monday, November 27, 2023
- Wednesday, November 27, 2024
- Thursday, November 27, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Bavarian Cream Pie Day as best as it can be:
Make Bavarian Cream Pie
One great idea for your celebration of this day is to make some Bavarian cream pie. This is very easy to do, very similar to how you make other kinds of pies. You only need to make Bavarian cream with gelatin and cream. You then used it as filling in a pie crust and shell. Serve this and enjoy.
Buy Some Bavarian Cream Pie
Another good idea for your celebration of this wonderful day is to order some Bavarian cream pies from the bakery or pastry shop. For sure, these stores will be offering lots of these desserts during or even before the event because they expect that a great demand for this pastry will come due to the celebration. Just make sure to buy one or some from a bakery or pastry shop that offers delicious Bavarian cream pies. A renowned pastry shop or bakery will do. This alternative is best for people who want to indulge themselves into some delicious Bavarian cream pies yet they do not have the time to make some for themselves.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalBavarianCreamPieDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- Bavarian cream is originally a French cold dessert made with gelatin, custard egg, and whipped cream. It is mostly used in pastries and cakes. However, there are some claims that Bavarian cream is of German origin.
- French claims on the origin of Bavarian cream claim that French chefs who worked in a court in Wittelsbach Princes made Bavarian cream during the late 17th century or the early 18th
- Bavarian cream appears to have emerged in its most recognizable form in the late 1700s as made by Marie Antoine Careme, a famous French chef.
- The National Bavarian Cream Pie Day is celebrated every 27th of November every year.
- Before the refrigerator was invented, Bavarian cream pie was made by chilling Bavarian cream in a bowl filled with ice. The ice is first mixed with salt in order to bring down its freezing point, thereby allowing the custard to set up.