The National BBQ Day is celebrated every May 16th of each year. This day commemorates one of the most favorite foods and food activities of all time – BBQ. BBQ is short for barbecue. It is a cooking activity wherein people grill seasoned meat then eat it afterward.
There are many kinds of seasonings and people can choose depending on the flavor they want. In general, the flavors, seasonings, and sauces vary from one place to another. But wherever you may come from, it is best to take part in the celebration of the National BBQ Day
About the National BBQ Day
During National BBQ Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives of the event. For one, people eat BBQ in their own homes by preparing all the ingredients and cooking materials needed for it. Other people opt to dine in at restaurants for some BBQ. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this special food holiday.
Unfortunately, even with extensive research about the event, we are not sure as to how the National BBQ Day started or even who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why it became a much celebrated event. Perhaps, a person or a group of people thought that most of us love barbecuing and that it would be a good idea to start a celebration solely dedicated for that. And perhaps with that, the National BBQ Day was born.
As mentioned earlier, National BBQ Day is celebrated every 16th of May each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Saturday, May 16th, 2020
- Friday, May 16th, 2021
- Monday, May 16th, 2022
- Tuesday, May 16th, 2023
- Thursday, May 16th, 2024
- Friday, May 16th, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National BBQ Day as best as it can be:
Celebrate in Your Home
One good idea to celebrate this day is to have a BBQ at your home. Prepare all the meat, seasonings, and sauce that you need. Don’t forget the grill – either electric or charcoal. You can celebrate by yourself but it would be more fun if you can have it with your family and friends.
Eat BBQ in a Restaurant
If you can’t celebrate at home, then why not just enjoy BBQ at a restaurant. You can eat BBQ with your family, office mates, schoolmates, or friends. There are different kinds of restaurants offering different types of BBQs. For instance, you may want to try out Korean BBQ and their ever popular samgyupsal.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalBBQDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this event.
- Is there a better place to celebrate National BBQ day than your backyard? So prepare your grill and BBQ now and enjoy with your family and friends. Have a fun National BBQ Day!
- The National BBQ Day is an opportunity for all of us to commemorate BBQs – one of our go-to foods when our cravings kick in. Let us all happily celebrate the National BBQ Day!
- Have you prepared your lawn for your celebration of the National BBQ Day? If not, go prepare now! You still have a few hours!
- Don’t forget to invite your friends, relatives, family, and other loved ones for your celebration of National BBQ Day. Have to fun everyone!
- Let us all eat BBQs as much as we can during this National BBQ Day!
- “Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it’s a start.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Being so closely related to the South, barbecue was part of segregation and helped defeat it.”- Bobby Seale
- “There are two different things: there’s grilling, and there’s a barbecue. Grilling is when people say, ‘We’re going to turn up the heat, make it really hot and sear a steak, sear a burger, cook a chicken.’ Barbecue is going low and slow.” – Guy Fieri
- “There’s nothing that can replicate the smoky flavor of char, so when I’ve got the hankering for it, I tell my wife that I’m taking care of dinner. I have three different types of barbecues – a coal, gas and smoker – so I can experiment a lot.” – Guy Fieri
- “Golf is my passion, and so is great barbecue.” – John Daly
- “In America, diner food or roadside barbecue is the best road food, but I am not a fan of eating while driving – too messy.” – Jose Andres
- “Barbecue is an incredibly democratic food. It’s cheaper than McDonald’s in many places and far more delicious. On the other hand, the only reason it can be that cheap is they use commodity hogs, the worst of the worst, which is – you know, it’s an industry kind of ruining North Carolina.” – Michael Pollan
- “My favorite moments? Where it’s all going swimmingly, the sun’s out and I’ve got a fire going and a nice snake on the barbecue.” – Bear Grylls
- “I like to sit around the pool, listen to music, barbecue, grill, stuff like that. Just the guy next door, I guess.” – Dale Earnhardt Jr.
“Obviously, everyone’s different, but I love just settling down and having a barbecue with my friends at the house.” – Harry Kane