The National Brandied Fruit Day is celebrated every 20th of October each year. This day gives recognition to brandied fruit – everyone’s favorite fruity treat. Brandied fruit is simply a fruit soaked in sugar and brandy. This is an extra special combo that allows people to a unique kind of fruit – simply one that is bathed in brandy and sweetened with sugar. If you are a fan of brandied fruit or if you haven’t tried this treat yet, then you should not miss the celebration of the National Brandied Fruit Day.
About the National Brandied Fruit Day
During the National Brandied Fruit Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own brandied fruit. They can choose any fruit they want, soak them in brandy, and sweeten them with sugar. Other people prefer to buy some brandied fruit in any place where it is available. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
It was during the Victorian era when brandied fruit first became popular. It was during this time when people discovered that soaking fruit in brandy would make it last longer. Coincidentally, they also discovered that such method is a good way to extract the taste of the fruit to create a delicious dessert for the adults. Brandied fruit is made by soaking fresh fruit into the combination of brandy, spices, and sugar. The combination is often sat for about 30 days. This sweet treat is commonly used as a topping on desserts like cakes and pies.
With limited knowledge about the origin of brandied fruit, even less is known about the history of the National Brandied Fruit Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that brandied fruits are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Brandied Fruit Day is celebrated every 20th of October each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 20,
- Wednesday, October 20,
- Thursday, October 20, 2022
- Friday, October 20, 2023
- Sunday, October 20, 2024
- Monday, October 20, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Brandied Fruit Day as best as it can be:
Make Your Own Brandied Fruit
Of course, the best idea for your celebration of this day is to make your own brandied fruit. Fortunately for you, making one is actually very easy. You only need to prepare a ripened fruit of your choice, brandy, and sugar. The higher the quality of brandy, the better it will be for you.
Prepare the fruit by washing it, peeling of the skin if any, and slicing it if necessary (when large). Fill half of a containing with brandy. Add the fruit into it. For every cup of fruit, you add into the container, add in 1/6 cups of sugar. Before covering the container, make sure that all of the fruits are submerged in the liquid. Store the container in a dark place. Let is sit for a couple of months, most preferably a minimum of 30 days. Once ready for serving, you can consume the brandied fruit by itself. It would also be great if you add some over ice cream with whipped cream.
Order Some Brandied Fruit
Another good idea for your celebration of this wonderful day is to order some brandied fruit from a store that offers it. For sure, these stores will be offerings lots of these during or even before the event because they expect that a great demand for it will come due to the celebration. Just make sure to buy one or some from a store that offers delicious brandied fruit
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalBrandiedFruitDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- “On the occasion of Brandied Fruit Day, warm wishes to you. Don’t forget to enjoy the delicious fruits dipped in brandy. Enjoy your day!”
- “Fruits have always tasted good but they taste much better when you treat them with brandy, spices and sugar. Happy Brandied Fruit Day to you.”
- “Warm wishes on Brandied Fruit Day to you. Enjoy these yummy treats that are a blend of good taste and lots of nutrients.”
- “Wishing a very Happy Brandied Fruit Day to you. Make it a perfect day with these brandied fruits that never fail to impress anyone.”
- “A very Happy Brandied Fruit Day to you. Enjoy the nicely brandied fruits which make interesting deserts that are too sweet to miss on.”
- “Happy Brandied Fruit Day to you. Don’t forget to relish these delightful treats that act as cherry on the cake.”
- “Braided fruits make a healthy time to snack on anytime without having to feel guilty about it. Happy Brandied Fruit Day to you.”
- “On the occasion of Brandied Fruit Day, I am sending warm greetings to you. Enjoy these treats that make deserts taste much better.”
- “There is no other way to make your cake taste good as well as look good other than brandied fruits. Warm wishes on Brandied Fruit Day to all.”
- “Fruits always taste better when they are brandied. Wishing a Happy Brandied Fruit Day to everyone. Let us enjoy fruits with the good taste of brandy.”