The National Cappuccino Day is celebrated every 8th of November each year. This day gives recognition to cappuccino – everyone’s favorite coffee flavor. Cappuccino is the perfect frothy drink that is best drank during the morning or in a meeting with your friend. This tasty drink is often made with a combination of espresso, hot milk, and steamed milk. If you are a fan of cappuccino, then you should not miss the celebration of National Cappuccino Day.
About the National Cappuccino Day
During National Cappuccino Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own cappuccino drink at home. Other people prefer to buy a cappuccino in a café where they also get the opportunity to relax. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event. Millions of people take part in this celebrations & same day National French Toast Day.
The term cappuccino came from the Italian word cappuccino from Capuchin friars which means hood or anything that covers the head. The name came from the color of the hooded robes that these friars wore. In 1945, the espresso machine was invented by Achille Gaggia. This resulted in cappuccino becoming popular. During the mid-1990s, the coffee drink became available to North Americans when upscale coffee houses began to open. During the late 1990s to early 2000s, cappuccino became popular in the USA when the coffee industry boomed. At the beginning of the 21st century, a short cut version of the cappuccino became served in fast food chains. Nowadays, cappuccino is one of the most popular coffee flavors. A lot of people love to make one or order one from a café or coffee shop like Starbucks.
With limited knowledge about the origins of cappuccino, even less is known about the history of the National Cappuccino Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such an event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that cappuccino is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Cappuccino Day is celebrated every 8th of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Sunday, November 8,
- Monday, November 8,
- Tuesday, November 8, 2022
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- Friday, November 8, 2024
- Saturday, November 8, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Cappuccino Day as best as it can be:
Make Some Cappuccino
Perhaps the best way to celebrate this day is to make some cappuccino. To make one, combine a third of espresso, a third of frothed milk, and a third of steamed milk. This will result in a coffee beverage that has a bold and rich taste. The strong flavor of the espresso is toned down by the steamed milk.
Relax in a Café’
Another good idea for your celebration of this wonderful day is to order a cappuccino from a café or anywhere else where it is offered. For sure, these stores will be offerings lots of these drinks during or even before the event because they expect that a great demand for this coffee will come due to the celebration. Just make sure to buy one or some from a café or drink shop that offers good coffee cappuccinos.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalCappuccinoDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- Beige is atmosphere. It’s bisque, it’s ivory, it’s cream, it’s stone, it’s toast, it’s cappuccino. It;s well, it’s magic. – Albert Hadley
- I like cappuccino, actually. But even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all. – David Lynch
- For anyone worn down, The Impossible Will Take a Little While is a bracing double cappuccino. – Barbara Ehrenreich
- Karma is experience, and experience creates memory, and memory creates imagination and desire, and desire creates karma again. If I buy a cup of coffee, that’s karma. I now have that memory that might give me the potential desire for having cappuccino, and I walk into Starbucks, and there’s karma all over again. – Deepak Chopra
- What I don’t like is breakfast in the morning. I have a double-espresso cappuccino, but no food. – Wolfgang Puck
- I dove on those papers like Sherlock Holmes on a cappuccino binge. – Jordan Sonnenblick
- I need a coffee to go with my coffee. – Zooey Deschanel
- If I’m in Italy I’m going to have a cappuccino and two small brioches and then a mix of orange and grapefruit. I don’t drink tea in Italy. – Christian Louboutin
- I think if I’m ever asked to recall what Year 12 was all about, I’ll remember it as one big cappuccino experience. – Melina Marchetta
- The voodoo priest and all his powders were as nothing compared to espresso, cappuccino, and mocha, which are stronger than all the religions of the world combined, and perhaps stronger than the human soul itself. – Mark Helprin