National Caramel Apple Day is celebrated on October 31 each year. Here are some facts about this delicious holiday tradition:
1) National Caramel Apple Day commemorates the first shipment of caramel apples from Ohio to New York in 1847.
2) The first national caramel apple day was observed in 1965, and it was declared a national holiday in 1978.
3) In 2007, National Caramel Apple Day was designated as a day to promote healthy eating.
What is National Caramel Apple Day?
National Caramel Apple Day is celebrated on October 31. This day is dedicated to delicious caramel apples.
HISTORY OF NATIONAL CARAMEL APPLE DAY
National Caramel Apple Day is celebrated annually on October 31. The holiday commemorates the invention of caramel apples by Charles A. Lindbergh in 1930. Lindbergh was flying from New York to Paris when he tasted the new treat and declared it to be a “great invention.”
What to eat on National Caramel Apple Day
National Caramel Apple Day is a day to celebrate all things caramel. Whether you’re into the classic caramel apple or something more creative like a caramel cupcake, there’s sure to be something on offer to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here are five recipes to get you started:
Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Brown Buttercream Frosting
Homemade Caramel Apples with Salted Caramel Frosting
Caramel Apple Cake with Streusel Topping
Caramel Apple Pie with Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling and Graham Cracker Crust
Apple Crisp with Tangy Caramel Sauce
How to celebrate National Caramel Apple Day
National Caramel Apple Day is a day to enjoy the taste of caramel apples and celebrate the United States. Here are some ideas for celebrating National Caramel Apple Day:
Pack your own caramel apples for a sweet treat at home.
Go apple picking and find some delicious caramel apples at local orchard vendors.
Enjoy a caramel apple pie or tart at your favorite dessert spot.
Make your own caramel sauce or dip to use with your favorite apples.
Collect recipes for caramel apple-themed treats from friends, family, and online sources.
NATIONAL CARAMEL APPLE DAY ACTIVITIES
National Caramel Apple Day is celebrated on October 7th each year. There are many things that you can do to celebrate National Caramel Apple Day. Some ideas include:
1) Make your own caramel apples. This is a great activity for the whole family to participate in. You can use any type of apple, but be sure to use a delicious caramel sauce as the topping.
2) Go apple picking with your friends. This is a fun way to spend an autumn day and pick your own apples from local farms.
3) Eat caramel apple-flavored treats all day long! There are many different flavors of caramel apples available, so you are sure to find one that you love.
4) Watch some classic Carmel apple movies like The Nightmare Before Christmas or Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. These movies are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit.
WHY WE LOVE NATIONAL CARAMEL APPLE DAY
National Caramel Apple Day is a day to celebrate all things caramel! From caramel apples to caramel ice cream, there’s no denying that caramel is one of our favorite flavors. Of course, we couldn’t celebrate National Caramel Apple Day without giving away some of our favorite recipes!
First up, we’ve got a simple caramel apple recipe that will let you enjoy the classic flavor combination in minutes. Simply mix together 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup light corn syrup, and 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has melted and the mixture is smooth. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the sugar has turned a light golden brown.
Next up, we’ve got a delicious caramel ice cream recipe that will have you dreaming of warm days and cool nights. Start by mixing together 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup whole milk, 2 cups granulated sugar, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until
National Caramel Apple Day is a great opportunity for you to celebrate all things caramel. From delicious recipes to fun activities, there’s something for everyone on National Caramel Apple Day. So get creative, and enjoy every minute of it!