Cherry Popsicle is a famous treat that quenches anyone’s thirst and cools them off during summer. And just right in time for that, there is an event called the National Cherry Popsicle Day, which is held every 26th of August every year, so that everyone may be able to have a fun day where they can relax and enjoy delicious and sweet cherry popsicles.
About the National Cherry Popsicle Day
During the National Cherry Popsicle Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to be creative during this event so they make their own cherry popsicles. Most people prefer to just buy cherry popsicles from an ice cream store or wherever they may be able. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
According to historical accounts, the invention of the original popsicle can be attributed to Frank Epperson in 1905 who was only 11 years old during that time. He mixed powdered soda and left it overnight with a stick in it. At night, temperature dropped low and the next morning, he found that his mixture became liquid frozen. He called this the Epsicle.
In 1922, Epperson introduced the treat he created to the public. He sold them in an amusement park in Alameda, California. In 1924, he patented the name Popsicle.
With some knowledge about the origins of cherry popsicle, even less is known about the history of the National Cherry Popsicle Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that cherry popsicle is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Cherry Popsicle Day is celebrated every 26th of August each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Wednesday, August 26,
- Thursday, August 26,
- Friday, August 26, 2022
- Saturday, August 26, 2023
- Monday, August 26, 2024
- Tuesday, August 26, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Cherry Popsicle Day as best as it can be:
Make Your Own Cherry Popsicle
Perhaps you can be a bit creative like Epperson. You can make your own cherry popsicle. You can look for an online tutorial or a recipe that can teach and guide you how to make one. You can even add your own preferences into it. For example, you may want to add some other ingredients to enhance the flavor of this sweet treat.
Indulge Yourself in a Popsicle You Bought
If you don’t have time to make your own popsicle at home, then you can just resort to eating one in an ice cream parlor or ice cream store. Make sure to select one that serves the finest cherry popsicle. Fortunately for you, it is be possible to bring one home because the dessert does not melt away easily. But while it is still cold, enjoy the treat!
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalCherryPopsicleDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how fun you are enjoying your day.
National Cherry Popsicle Day Quotes
- So I’m not going to drink anymore. I’m going to freeze it now and eat it like a Popsicle. – Dean Martin
- I like freedom. I wake up in the morning and say, ‘I don’t know, should I have a popsicle or a donut?’ You know, who knows? – Oscar Nunez
- Popsicles should be the new black and then everyone would have one. – Frank Iero
- People can do great things. However, there are some things they just CAN’T do. I, for instance, have not been able to transform myself into a Popsicle, despite years of effort. – Brandon Sanderson
- We gotta see-saw until we unthaw those Popsicle toes. – Michael Franks
- I’ve had so many bikini waxes, I cry every time I see a Popsicle stick. – Libba Bray
- Her hair was strawberry blond, and she had the shape of a popsicle stick: turn her sideways and she practically disappeared. – Becca Fitzpatrick
- Our family room, where we live, is about togetherness and ease. Nothing in my house is too formal. There are no coasters on tables; the kids can eat Popsicles on the couch if they want to. I let them ride these little cycles we got for them when they were 3 that have rubber wheels and no pedals. – Cindy Crawford
- I always go to the Agriculture Building, where they make apple cider popsicles for a dollar. – Kate DiCamillo
- There’s blood, a taste I remember. It tastes of orange popsicles, penny gumballs, red licorice, gnawed hair, dirty ice. – Margaret Atwood