National Chicken Finger Day: Celebrating America’s Favorite Snack
Americans love their snacks, and there is perhaps no snack more beloved than chicken fingers. Whether you’re grabbing a quick bite on the go or settling in for a movie night with friends, chicken fingers are a delicious and satisfying snack that never disappoints.And what better way to celebrate this iconic snack than with its very own holiday? That’s right, National Chicken Finger Day is a real thing, and it’s just around the corner.In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the history of National Chicken Finger Day, share some fun facts about chicken fingers, and explore ways you can participate in the festivities. So grab a napkin and get ready to dig in!
|When is it?||Every|
|What are the hashtags?|
|Who founded it?||Tod Graves|
History of National Chicken Finger Day:
National Chicken Finger Day was first celebrated in 2019 by Raising Cane’s, a popular fast-food chain that specializes in, you guessed it, chicken fingers. The holiday was created to honor the restaurant’s founder, Todd Graves, who started the company in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in 1996.
The first National Chicken Finger Day was a huge success, with fans of the restaurant flocking to Raising Cane’s locations around the country to enjoy their favorite snack. Since then, the holiday has become an annual tradition, with more and more people joining in on the festivities each year.
Fun Facts About Chicken Fingers:
- Chicken fingers were first introduced to the United States in the 1950s by a company called Tyson Foods.
- The average American consumes around 90 pounds of chicken per year, much of which is in the form of chicken fingers.
- The term “chicken fingers” is thought to have originated from the way the food is prepared, with the chicken cut into strips that resemble fingers.
- In some parts of the world, chicken fingers are known as “chicken goujons” or “chicken strips.”
- The largest chicken finger ever made weighed over 100 pounds and was created by a restaurant in Chicago.
Ways to Celebrate National Chicken Finger Day:
- Visit your local Raising Cane’s restaurant: If you’re lucky enough to have a Raising Cane’s location near you, be sure to stop by on July 27th to take advantage of their special National Chicken Finger Day deals and promotions.
- Make your own chicken fingers: If you prefer to stay in and cook, why not try making your own homemade chicken fingers? There are countless recipes available online, so you’re sure to find one that suits your taste buds.
- Host a chicken finger-themed party: Gather your friends and family together for a fun-filled day of chicken finger-themed activities, such as a taste-test challenge, chicken finger decorating competition, or even a chicken finger eating contest.
Q: Is National Chicken Finger Day a real holiday?
A: Yes, National Chicken Finger Day is a real holiday celebrated on July 27th each year.
Q: What is the best way to eat chicken fingers?
A: The best way to eat chicken fingers is to dip them in your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Q: Are chicken fingers unhealthy?
A: Like any food, chicken fingers can be unhealthy if consumed in large quantities. However, they can also be a great source of protein when consumed in moderation.