The National Chocolate Cake Day is celebrated every 27th of January each year. This day gives commemoration to chocolate cake which is a sweet treat that a lot of people love. This is the best day to eat chocolate cake in its many different forms and kinds.
- 1 About the National Chocolate Cake Day
- 2 Why Celebrate
- 3 Celebration Ideas and Activities
- 4 Quotes
During the National Chocolate Cake Day people do all sorts of activities to commemorate this sweet delicacy. People make the best chocolate cake they can bake. Those who don’t want to bake or don’t have the time to do so just purchase chocolate cake from bakeries or pastry shops.
Unfortunately, even with extensive research on this topic, we are not sure as to how this holiday started or even who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why it started – perhaps a person or a group of people thought that chocolate cakes are just so much loved by people that they deserve a special day of recognition. Hence, the National Chocolate Cake Day was founded.
As mentioned earlier, the National Chocolate Cake Day is always celebrated every January 27 each year. This means that the upcoming National Chocolate Cake Day will be held on Monday, January 27, 2020.
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Chocolate Cake Day:
Chocolate Cake is the Most Memorable Cake
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is that chocolate cake is the most memorable cake of all. Because of that, chocolate cake has a lot of flavors including rocky road, chocolate moist, dark chocolate, white chocolate, chocolate truffle, and many more. This fact is a major reason to participate in the celebration of this day.
Chocolate and Cake is Just the Perfect Chemistry
Also a good reason to celebrate this day is the fact that chocolate and cake are just the perfect combination. No wonder why so many people love chocolate cakes. It just feels heaven to them to eat these delicious delicacies. So if you want to experience the same feeling, then you should celebrate this day.
Chocolate Cakes Leave Us Smitten
Chocolate triggers the release of serotonin and endorphins, which are neurotransmitters for happiness and pleasure. It also contains phenyl ethylamine, which elevates our mood when feel happiness or love. Thus, to trigger the release of these hormones, you should come celebrate this special day.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Chocolate Cake Day as best as it can be:
Make Your Own Chocolate Cake
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to make your own chocolate cake. You can either use your baking skills or start learning it. Do not afraid to make mistakes though. Every step of the way, you are into making the most delicious chocolate cake you can ever make.
Purchase a Chocolate Cake
If you don’t have time to make your own cake for the celebration, you can just purchase one from the pastry shop or bakery. For sure, a lot of these stores will be selling these cakes expecting that they will be in high demand for the day of celebration.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalChocolateCakeDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
- Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “Part of life and part of the enjoyment of life is a croissant and a chocolate cake and eggs and milkshakes and oatmeal. There’s so many things, you have to learn to appreciate it all. When I don’t eat as much as I should, I’m not fun to be around; I’m fussy.” — Nina Dobrev
- “Chocolate cake is the bomb!” — Scarlett Pomers
- “People have often asked me whether what I know about love has spoiled it for me. And I just simply say, ‘Hardly.’ You can know every single ingredient in a piece of chocolate cake, and then when you sit down and eat that cake, you can still feel that joy.” — Helen Fisher
- “I bake a chocolate cake from scratch every week.” — Victoria Osteen
- “Honestly, I just go to restaurants to eat so I won’t die. If there was a pill I could take in January and then I wouldn’t have to eat again for the rest of the year, I would take it. Of course, I wouldn’t want to sacrifice my chocolate cake and ice cream.” — Steven Wright
- “Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories.” — Buddy Valastro
- “Let them eat cake.” — Marie Antoinette