The National Clean Out Your Fridge Day is celebrated every 15th of November each year. This event encourages people to clean out their fridge by using soap, disinfectant, sponge, a garbage bag, and a bucket filled with hot water. This celebration allows people to make their refrigerator look good as new. If your fridge is one that needs cleaning, you should then make sure to participate in this event.
About the National Clean Out Your Fridge Day
The date when the National Clean Out Your Fridge Day is celebrated is just the right time before the holiday seasons begin. You want to have a clean fridge before you stock up on all the foods and ingredients needed to make the meals and desserts necessary for the upcoming parties. Let us all be real and honest, with our busy lifestyles, cleaning our fridge is the last of our priorities, or maybe not a priority at all. You will be surprised to find out what’s sticking at the back of your fridge shelves.
During the National Clean Out Your Fridge Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, spend time cleaning their refrigerators. Other people lend a hand to their relatives or friends who need their fridges cleaned. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
According to historical records, the National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day was created by home economists from the Whirlpool Home Appliances in 1999. They wanted to encourage people to clean their refrigerators and have them prepped for the upcoming holidays. During that time, the company also had a toll-free hotline that people could call to ask for tips on cleaning their fridges.
As mentioned earlier, the National Clean Out Your Fridge Day is celebrated every 15th of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Sunday, November 15,
- Monday, November 15,
- Tuesday, November 15, 2022
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023
- Friday, November 15, 2024
- Saturday, November 15, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Clean Our Your Fridge Day as best as it can be:
Clean Out Your Fridge
Obviously, the best thing to do for your celebration of this holiday is to clean out your fridge. Prepare all the materials that you need to clean your refrigerator. Turn off your fridge and then disconnect the cord from the electric outlet. Unload all of its contents then clean every nuke and space with soap and towel. Use disinfectant to kill germs. And once all cleaned, you can put back all the foods into the fridge and be proud of it as it looks good as new.
Help Someone to Clean Out His or Her Fridge
Another good idea to celebrate this day is to help a family or a friend in cleaning out his or her fridge. This family or friend of yours may need a helping hand in cleaning the refrigerator since the task can be quite demanding. It would be a good deed to lend a helping hand.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalCleanOutYourFridgeDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- Cleaning is my favorite way to relax. I clear things out and get rid of the stuff I don’t need. When the food pantry and the refrigerator are organized, I feel less stressed. – Jennifer Morrison
- Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. – Phyllis Diller
- The Refrigerator” Perry: “I’ve been big ever since I was little. – Prince William
- Make your refrigerator or freezer like a treasure chest. – Lidia Bastianich
- On a very local scale, a refrigerator is the center of the universe. On the inside is food essential to life, and on the outside of the door is a summary of the life events of the household. – Robert Fulghum
- Open your refrigerator, your freezer, your kitchen cupboards, and look at the labels on your food. You’ll find ‘natural flavor’ or ‘artificial flavor’ in just about every list of ingredients. The similarities between these two broad categories are far more significant than the differences. – David Chang
- Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories. Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart. – Thomas Fuller
- Open your refrigerator door, and you summon forth more light than the total amount enjoyed by most households in the 18th century. The world at night, for much of history, was a very dark place indeed. – Bill Bryson
- There is a method to the madness when it comes to placing everything in your refrigerator. – Khloe Kardashian
- My refrigerator is powerful. In fact, it has a direct link to my overall well-being. – Kris Carr