Who doesn’t know what a cheeseburger is because he or she should definitely stop living under a rock? A cheeseburger is composed of seasoned ground beef patty sandwiched in between two buns. It is topped with peppers, sautéed onions, pickles, sliced onions, and of course, cheese. Condiments such as ketchup, mayo, and mustard are added. This is the usual formula for creating the all-American cheeseburger. Variations may occur from one country or place to another. If you are a fan of cheeseburgers, then you are in for the celebration of the National Double Cheeseburger Day which is held every 15th of September every year.
About the Double Cheeseburger Day
During Cheeseburger Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own double cheeseburger using pizza burger patties, buns, cheese, and various other ingredients of their choice. Other people prefer to eat in a restaurant or fast-food chain that serves some good double cheeseburger. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Some people claim that hamburger sandwiches first appeared during the late 19th or early 20th century. The origin, however, is still very much debated. But there is no doubt that hamburger has become a staple food icon, especially in the USA. Americans love hamburgers so much that they have created lots of variation of it. Even vegetarians have found a way to make one for themselves that involves a non-meat burger patty.
With limited knowledge about the origins of a double cheeseburger, even less is known about the history of the National Double Cheeseburger Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such an event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that a double cheeseburger is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot on the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Double Cheeseburger Day is celebrated every 15th of September each year.
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Double Cheeseburger Day:
They are Easy to Make
Double cheeseburgers are so easy to make. You only need to prepare all the ingredients, which can be easily bought and readily available in groceries and supermarkets, fry the beef and combine them all. Hence, the difficulty of making a double cheeseburger is no way excuse to not celebrate the event.
They are so Delicious!
If double cheeseburgers are not delicious, there would be no celebration such as the National Double Cheeseburger Day. If you haven’t tried this food yet, then you are missing out a lot in your life. Take this opportunity to have a first taste of it during the celebration.
They Relieve us of our Stress
Double cheeseburgers are so delicious and good that they can effectively relieve us of our stress. Nothing is better than indulging yourself in double cheeseburger as you enjoy every bite of it. If you want to experience this good feeling, then go celebrate the event on the 15th of September.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Double Cheeseburger Day as best as it can be:
Make a Double Cheeseburger
If you want to enjoy the event at the comforts of your own home, you can be creative and make your own double cheeseburger. Compared to other burger flavors, this one is easy to make. You just have to prepare the patty, buns, cheese, and the other needed sandwich fillings and condiments. Fry the burger patty, sandwich it in between the warm buns, then combine all the ingredients on top of the patty inside. You can then serve that delicious double cheeseburger afterwards. Indulge yourself in it but it might be better if you can share it with your family and friends. Also take note that all ingredients are easily available in the supermarket. Furthermore, you can mix different cheeses to make your own version of double cheeseburger.
Order a Double Cheeseburger
If you don’t have time to make your own double cheeseburger at home, or if you just don’t want to waste time for that, you can still celebrate the day in a good way by ordering double cheeseburger. Look for a restaurant or a food chain that offers this food. Then order one for yourself, or get some if you will share some with your family or friends.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalDoubleCheeseburgerDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how fun you are enjoying your day.
National Double Cheeseburger Day Quotes
- I take pleasure in the little things. Double cheeseburgers, those are good, the sky ten minutes before it rains, the moment your laugh turns into a cackle. And I sit here, and smoke my Camel straights, and I ride my own melt. – Ethan Hawke
- I’m an absolute connoisseur of cheeseburgers and like to think that I can detect even mere percentages of shift in fat content in ground meat in a burger and can actually name the temperature to which it was actually cooked to the degree if I’m, you know, really on my game. – Alton Brown
- I try to eat healthy. But sometimes, though, I eat cheeseburgers. That’s good for the soul. I make sure to balance everything out. I drink tons of water. – Gal Gadot
- I want a cheeseburger so badly, but I have to be a vampire in a few weeks. – Kristen Stewart
- Man who invented the hamburger was smart; man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius. – Matthew McConaughey
- You don’t have to eat a whole cheeseburger, just take a piece of the cheeseburger. – Guy Fieri
- It’s important to keep a balanced diet, but I’m not a fan of deprivation. If I want a cheeseburger, I am not only going to eat that cheeseburger, but I’m going to enjoy that cheeseburger. – Heidi Klum
- Oh, loneliness and cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix. – Matt Groening
- I would kill for a cheeseburger. Honestly. If I stumbled across someone eating a cheeseburger, I would kill them for it. – Rick Yancey
- Life is too short to miss out on the beautiful things like a double cheeseburger. – Channing Tatum
- Me and my cheeseburgers are insane. – Naya Rivera
- McDonalds used to be my favorite place to eat, until my metabolism changed in my late 30s. Before that, I would have no hesitation about walking into McDonalds and getting two cheeseburgers and fries and enjoying every last bite. – Andy Cohen
- I eat a cheeseburger with French fries almost every day. – Cameron Diaz
- I can’t be on the cheeseburger diet all the time. – Bobby Flay
- I don’t even have money for a cheeseburger! – Allen Iverson
- Keep climbing,’ he told himself. ‘Cheeseburgers,’ his stomach replied. ‘Shut up,’ he thought. ‘With fries,’ his stomach complained. – Rick Riordan
- It was almost enough to make me turn vegetarian, except for the pesky fact that I loved cheeseburgers. – Rick Riordan
- Consider the biggest animals on the planet: elephants, and buffaloes, and giraffes. These are vegetarian animals. They grow to thousands of pounds of muscle and bone without ever eating cheeseburgers and pepperoni pizzas. – Michael Klaper