Do you love eating fruits, especially peaches? If so, then you must join the celebration of the National Eat a Peach Day which is celebrated every 22nd of August each year. This special day gives recognition to peaches and all peach lovers out there. You are encouraged to indulge yourself by eating as much of this sweet and delicious fruit.
About the National Eat a Peach Day
In the USA, the states that produce the most peaches are California, Georgia, and South Carolina. In fact, Georgia is often regarded as the peach state because it is the center of peach growers and consumers in the USA.
Peaches are not only delicious. They are also very nutritious. They contain vitamins and minerals including A, B, C, E, K, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, and manganese. A medium-sized peach has about 8% of the daily requirement for vitamin C. peaches also have dietary fiber and sugars.
Since peaches are both delicious and nutritious, during the National Eat a Peach Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people eat as much peaches as they want. People also try to make various dishes that contain peaches. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Historical accounts claim that peaches originated in Northwest China. Nowadays, they are cultivated in various countries all around the world. But still, China remains to be the top producer of peaches all over the world. Also included in the top producers are the countries of Argentina, France, Chile, Iran, Turkey, Spain, USA, and Italy.
The National Eat a Peach Day is observed every August 22. This date must have been chosen because peach harvesting comes between the months of June and August. With some knowledge about the origins of peaches, even less is known about the history of the National Eat a Peach Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that peaches are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Eat a Peach Day is celebrated every 22nd of August each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Saturday, August 22, 2020
- Sunday, August 22, 2021
- Monday, August 22, 2022
- Tuesday, August 22, 2023
- Thursday, August 22, 2024
- Friday, August 22, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Eat a Peach Day as best as it can be:
Without a doubt, the best way to celebrate this event is to eat peaches. Before the day itself, visit the grocery or supermarket so you can buy yourself a couple of pieces of peaches. If you will consume them alone, then pick a few ones. But if you are going to share them with your family and friends, buy some more.
Make Peach Dishes
Another great idea for your celebration of this day is to make peach dishes. One example is that you can make peach sandwich that you can snack on with your family and friends. You can also try to make a peach milkshake which is a perfect treat especially during this summer. You can also put peaches into various dishes like salads, cobblers, and even jams. You can also add it as topping into your ice cream. You can browse the internet for more ideas on what dishes you can make with peaches.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalEatAPeachDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how fun you are enjoying your day.
National Eat a Peach Day Quotes
- You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches. ― Dita Von Teese
- Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age. ― Vera Nazarian
- An apple is an excellent thing — until you have tried a peach. – George du Maurier
- Life is better than death, I believe, if only because it is less boring, and because it has fresh peaches in it. – Alice Walker
- Sometimes I’m an ass, sometimes I’m sweet as peaches. – Milo Ventimiglia
- The ripest peach is highest on the tree – James Whitcomb Riley
- You’re the cutest thing that I ever did see. I really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree. – Steve Miller
- In Hollywood, the women are all peaches. It makes one long for an apple occasionally. – W. Somerset Maugham
- The peach-bud glows, the wild bee hums, and wind-flowers wave in graceful gladness. – Lucy Larcom
- One does a whole painting for one peach and people think just the opposite – that particular peach is but a detail. – Pablo Picasso
- In the valley of the giants where the stars and stripes explode, the peaches they were sweet and the milk and honey flowed. – Bob Dylan
- Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age. – Vera Nazarian
- There ain’t no revolution, only evolution, but every time I’m in Georgia I eat a peach for peace. – Duane Allman