The National Egg Day is celebrated every 3rd of June each year. This day is celebrated as a special day for one of the most indispensable foods for us humans – egg. Eggs are pretty much universal foods. We can eat them just by frying or boiling. We can also put them in a wide array of meals and dishes including baked goods. In order to celebrate the usefulness of eggs, we celebrate National Egg Day each year.
About the National Egg Day
During National Egg Day, people celebrate by conducting various activities that let them honor eggs and also to realize how important eggs are. For one, people celebrate by eating different kinds of eggs. People also make dishes and meals containing eggs for the day. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this event.
Unfortunately, even with extensive research on this topic, we are still unsure as to how the National Egg Day started or even who started it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why it began. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that eggs are very much important to us. We have different kinds of food holidays so why not start one for eggs. And from that point onwards, the National Egg Day has become an annual celebration same as National Deviled Egg Day.
As mentioned earlier, the National Egg Day is celebrated every 3rd of June each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this special event are as follows:
- Wednesday, June 3,
- Thursday, June 3,
- Friday, June 3, 2022
- Saturday, June 2023
- Monday, June 3, 2024
- Tuesday, June 3, 2025
The main reason why you should celebrate National Egg Day is that it is so fun to do so. With the abundance of eggs around us, we often forget to realize how useful eggs are to us. They are also nutritious and can help us stay healthy. Hence, celebrating this day would be sort of honoring eggs in general.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Egg Day as best as it can be:
Try Different Kinds of Eggs
Normally, people celebrate this event by eating chicken eggs as much as they can. While that is indeed a great idea, perhaps it would be more fun if you could try other kinds of eggs for this day. For instance, you may want to try duck eggs or even the humongous ostrich eggs. Turkey eggs are also quite delicious.
Make Recipes with Eggs
You can also celebrate this day by making different kinds of recipes using eggs as ingredients. Baking alone requires lots of eggs and there are various types of pastries that you can make.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalEggDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
- Eggs can be cooked soft-boiled, hard-boiled, scrambled, sunny-side up, poached, or fried.
- Eggs are great sources of vitamin D.
- A hen generally produces an egg every 24 to 26 hours.
- On average, a hen produces between 300 and 325 eggs a year.
- As a hen grows larger, so are its eggs.
- A hen’s diet can be determined through the color of its egg yolks.
- When you have egg in your breakfast plate, you know that your day is going to be an awesome one….. Wishing you healthy meals with lots of eggs on National Egg Day.
- Let us celebrate National Egg Day by enjoying the amazing dishes cooked using an egg to make it the happiest day of the year…. Tasty eggs make every soul happy and every stomach healthy…. Happy National Egg Day.
- National Egg Day is a sweet reminder to each one of us to make sure that we eat eggs in our breakfasts to live healthily and live happily…… Sending you best wishes on National Egg Day.
- National Egg Day celebrates the love for eggs and lets us make it a memorable day by enjoying eggs in different forms and dishes for a healthy celebration…. Make it an eggilicous day!!!
- When you talk about good health and wholesome diet, you are actually referring to eggs because they truly make a complete and rich diet for each one of us…. Happy National Egg Day.
- They make the quickest, tastiest, and the healthiest breakfast….. They are the cute little eggs that we all love….. Sending my warm wishes to you on National Egg Day.
- They are the reason for the fluffy cakes….. they make the most delicious breakfast…. They make the rich protein diet….. On National Egg Day, let’s cheer with EGGS!!!
- On National Egg Day, we celebrate the goodness that eggs bring into our lives and the happiness they spread on our faces with their superb taste….. Happy National Egg Day.
- The best thing about eggs is that you can cook them the way you want it and experiment with them to create dishes that promise a wholesome meal…. Best wishes on National Egg Day.
- If you have eggs in your fridge, you know you are always sorted because you have healthy food options to keep your tummy full and taste buds happy…. Happy National Egg Day to you.
- “Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackle as if she laid an asteroid.” – Mark Twain
- “Concede that the new government of Louisiana is only to what it should be, as the egg is to the fowl; we shall sooner have the fowl by hatching the egg than by smashing it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Of those beings who live in ignorance, shut up and confined, as it were, in an egg, I have first broken the eggshell of ignorance and alone in the universe obtained the most exalted, universal Buddhahood.” – Buddha
- “When you start with a portrait and search for a pure form, a clear volume, through successive eliminations, you arrive inevitably at the egg. Likewise, starting with the egg and following the same process in reverse, one finishes with the portrait.” – Pablo Picasso
- “We hunger to understand, so we invent myths about how we imagine the world is constructed – and they’re, of course, based upon what we know, which is ourselves and other animals. So we make up stories about how the world was hatched from a cosmic egg or created after the mating of cosmic deities or by some fiat of a powerful being.” – Carl Sagan