About the National Entrepreneur Day
The National Entrepreneur Day is celebrated every third Tuesday of November each year. This holiday, although informal, aims to gratify all entrepreneurs. The reason is that these people are the ones who innovate, create new jobs, and contribute significantly to the country’s economy. The celebration is thus all about raising awareness about the importance of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship.
During the National Entrepreneur Day, various activities are conducted. People are taught about the concepts of entrepreneurship and are encouraged to become entrepreneurs who can innovate something, help the society, and for themselves to have lucrative careers. The most successful entrepreneurs are also honored and recognized during this day by various businesses and organizations.
|National Entrepreneur’s Day|
|Honoring worldwide Entrepreneurs and promoting Entrepreneurship on third Tuesday of November|
Third Tuesday of November
|Upcoming Date:||November 15|
Honoring Entrepreneurs & Promoting Entrepreneurship
The Entrepreneur’s Day was founded by a group of entrepreneurs in 2010. They were David Hauser, Siamak Taghaddos, and Amir Tehrani. Hauser and Taghaddos are the co-founders of Grasshopper which is an entrepreneurial phone system. On the other hand, Amir Tehrani is the co-founder of The Legacy Foundation.
The celebration of this day falls on Global Entrepreneurship Week and during Entrepreneurship month. This day wants to give recognition and gratitude to all the people who have become successful in becoming entrepreneurs and have initiated the creation of jobs for the employment of the citizens.
In the year 2012, US President Barack Obama declared the month of November as the Entrepreneurship Month. The 6th of November that year was celebrated as the Entrepreneur’s Day. People who supported this celebration tried to make such day an official US holiday. So they started to campaign for it and bring it through actual legislation. Fortunately for them, the corresponding resolution was approved by both the Congress and the Senate. The day was formally declared to be a national celebration every third Tuesday of November each year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Entrepreneur Day is celebrated every third Tuesday of November each year. This means that the upcoming National Entrepreneur Day will be celebrated on November 15.
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Entrepreneur Day:
Entrepreneurship Provides Employment
One good outcome that entrepreneurship provides is employment. When entrepreneurs open their businesses, they hire people for manpower. Because of this, they provide jobs to people. As a result, these people are able to earn a living in order to sustain their daily basic needs. This good fact is one good reason why you should celebrate National Entrepreneur Day.
Entrepreneurship Boosts the Economy
When entrepreneurship results in people having more jobs, the economy, in general, is positively stimulated. The lives of the people are improved and overall, the country’s standard of living develops well. This overall positive effect is yet another reason to celebrate the day.
Entrepreneurship Encourages Innovation and Creativity
Another good reason to celebrate this day is that entrepreneurship fosters innovation and creativity. Successful entrepreneurs are able to come up with trailblazing products and services that help humankind in general.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Entrepreneur Day as best as it can be:
Participate in Entrepreneurial Event
One good activity you can do for this day is to participate in entrepreneurial events. There may be one near you wherein local business owners showcase their products, especially their most innovative ones. Participate in fairs like this to discover and find out such products and maybe you might also be able to discover that there is an entrepreneurial spirit within you.
Possess the Entrepreneurial Spirit
Another good thing to do for this day is to possess the entrepreneurial spirit. You may want to know more about yourself and think about the ideas you may have in your mind that will help you create innovative things.
Celebrate On Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalEntrepreneurDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this special day.
National Entrepreneur Day Quotes
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky
- “My best advice to entrepreneurs is this: Forget about making mistakes, just do it.” – Ajaero Tony Martins
- “To any entrepreneur: if you want to do it, do it now. If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.” – Catherine Cook
- “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah
- “Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
- “Legacy is greater than currency.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
- “Find the smartest people you can and surround yourself with them.” – Marissa Meyer
- “Treating people with kindness and respect seems elementary but is not always reciprocated. I often run into people who tell me a story about how I impacted their life — most often by an act of kindness that they never forgot.” – April Uchitel
- “When it comes down to it, nothing trumps execution.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” – Caterina Fake
- “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” – Guy Kawasaki
- “It’s easy to dream about it, but much harder to execute it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
- “In every success story, you will find someone who has made a courageous decision.” – Peter F. Drucker
- “Continuous learning is the minimum requirement for success in any field.” – Dennis Waitley
- “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” – Mark Zuckerberg
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese proverb.
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone
- “In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative, original thinker unless you can also sell what you create.” – David Ogilvy
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs