|Date||August 16, 2023|
|Celebrates||Finance brokers in Australia|
|Celebration Frequency||Annual, third Wednesday of August|
National Finance Brokers Day (NFBD) celebrates the work and achievements of finance brokers across Australia. Held annually on the third Wednesday of August, NFBD provides an opportunity to raise awareness of the broker profession and the value they provide to consumers. This year, National Finance Brokers Day falls on August 16, 2023.
History of National Finance Brokers Day
National Finance Brokers Day originated in the early 2000s as an initiative of the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA). The goal was to promote the important role that brokers play in the finance industry and highlight the benefits they provide to consumers.
Some key events in the history of National Finance Brokers Day:
- Early 2000s – FBAA launches National Finance Brokers Day to celebrate brokers and educate consumers.
- 2009 – The first NFBD Conference is held, bringing together brokers from around Australia.
- 2017 – NFBD expands with a full week of events and activities leading up to the main day.
- 2021 – NFBD conference goes virtual for the first time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Over the years, NFBD has continued to grow into one of the biggest events for finance brokers in Australia. It provides great networking and education opportunities for brokers while also raising public awareness of the profession.
How to Celebrate National Finance Brokers Day
There are many ways for both brokers and consumers to get involved with National Finance Brokers Day:
- Attend the NFBD conference and workshops
- Participate in networking events to connect with other brokers
- Share experience and knowledge at one of the seminars
- Post on social media about your work using the hashtag #NFBD2023
- Offer discounts or special promotions to clients
- Host an open house or virtual event to engage with consumers
- Follow #NFBD2023 on social media to learn more about brokers
- Attend a broker open house or virtual event in your area
- Consider meeting with a broker to discuss your financing needs
- Share positive broker experiences on review sites and social media
- Thank your broker for their support and expertise
No matter how you choose to celebrate, take time on August 16th to recognize the positive impact of finance brokers!
National Finance Brokers Day Timeline
- Early 2000s – National Finance Brokers Day is launched by the Finance Brokers Association of Australia.
- 2009 – The inaugural NFBD Conference is held, bringing brokers together from across the country.
- 2012 – NFBD launches their social media profiles on Facebook and Twitter to better connect with consumers.
- 2015 – A formal NFBD awards ceremony is introduced to recognize top brokers.
- 2017 – NFBD expands to a full week of events leading up to the main day on the third Wednesday of August.
- 2020 – NFBD events go virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2021 – Hybrid in-person and virtual events are held, allowing broader participation.
- 2023 – National Finance Brokers Day falls on August 16th and celebrates the role of brokers in the finance industry.
Quotes About National Finance Brokers Day
“National Finance Brokers Day is the perfect opportunity to acknowledge the tireless work brokers do throughout the year to support their clients.”
“I’m proud to be a finance broker and share the value we provide to consumers across Australia.”
“The NFBD events are a fantastic chance for networking, education and celebrating our vibrant industry.”
“Being a broker is so much more than just a job – it’s about helping Australians achieve their financial goals.”
“Let’s recognize the positive impact finance brokers have on people’s lives this NFBD.”
Hashtags to Use on National Finance Brokers Day
All About National Finance Brokers Day Events
The centerpiece of National Finance Brokers Day is the annual NFBD Conference. This conference brings together hundreds of finance brokers and industry experts for a full day of learning, networking and celebrating the profession.
NFBD Conference Highlights
- Keynote speaker – An influential speaker sets the tone for the day’s events. In 2022, Scott Pape, author of the Barefoot Investor books, was the keynote.
- Panel discussions – Broker panels discuss important industry topics like technology, regulation, and consumer trends.
- Professional workshops – Breakout sessions provide tactical skills brokers can apply right away. Topics may include social media marketing, cybersecurity, and more.
- Expert presentations – Leading finance professionals offer strategic insights brokers can use to enhance their business.
- Networking – The expo hall and networking events allow brokers to connect and share knowledge.
- Awards ceremony – Top brokers are recognized for excellence in categories like Broker of the Year, Rising Star Broker, and Lifetime Achievement.
In addition to the main conference, there are also professional development workshops, broker open houses, virtual events, and social gatherings leading up to and on NFBD.
No matter how you choose to participate, National Finance Brokers Day is an opportunity to learn, connect with peers, and celebrate an industry that helps consumers achieve their financial goals.
Frequently Asked Questions About National Finance Brokers Day
What is National Finance Brokers Day?
National Finance Brokers Day (NFBD) is an annual event celebrating finance brokers in Australia. Held on the third Wednesday of August each year, it recognizes the role of brokers and provides education and networking opportunities. This year it falls on August 16, 2023.
When did National Finance Brokers Day start?
NFBD began in the early 2000s as an initiative by the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA) to promote the broker profession. The first National Finance Brokers Day Conference was held in 2009.
How do finance brokers help consumers?
Finance brokers have access to a wide range of lenders and products. They use their expertise to find the right loan options and rates for each customer’s financial situation. Brokers can simplify the application process and save consumers time researching themselves.
What happens on National Finance Brokers Day?
Key events include the NFBD Conference with speakers, workshops and awards, as well as broker open houses, networking events, promotions and social media activities. It’s a great chance for education and celebration across the industry.
How can consumers participate in NFBD events?
Consumers are encouraged to attend broker open houses, follow #NFBD2023 on social media, and help recognize brokers by leaving reviews and sharing positive experiences. Attend the virtual events for consumers hosted around NFBD.
Is NFBD only celebrated in Australia?
Yes, National Finance Brokers Day is an Australian event specifically recognizing local finance brokers. Other countries may have similar celebrations for the broker and financial services industry.
What’s the best way for brokers to leverage NFBD?
Brokers can maximize NFBD by attending the conference and events, connecting with peers, sharing posts and promotions on social media, and finding new ways to provide value to consumers like discounts or educational seminars.
Where can I find more info on NFBD 2023?
Check the National Finance Brokers Day website at www.nationalfinancebrokersday.com for details on this year’s conference, events, sponsors and participation opportunities.