The National Girl Child Day is celebrated 11 October Every year. This event is held to show support and give opportunities to all the girls in the country. It also aims to raise awareness about the issues faced by girls including inequality, exploitation, and discrimination. Emphasis is given on issues of inequality related to legal rights, education, medical care, nutrition, child marriage, freedom, protection, etc. Hence, the Government of India emphasizes the importance of the celebration of the National Girls Child Day so as to improve the various mission on protecting the nation’s girls as well as promoting their significance.
About the National Girl Child Day
The National Girls Child Day was started by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and also the Government of India in 2008. The purpose of founding this event is to raise awareness about the inequalities faced by girls in the Indian society. During this day, activities for the celebration include awareness campaigns, conferences, seminars, and actual activities on making a safe and healthy environment for a girl child. During the Girls Child Day, is same like National sons day , people conduct various activities.
The following are the specific objectives of the National Girl Child Day:
- To increase the consciousness of the people and offer new opportunities to a girl child in the society.
- To eliminate all the inequalities faced by a girl child.
- To ensure that a girl child should get all of her human rights, respect and value in the country.
- To eliminate gender discrimination and educate the people about it.
- To work against diminishing child sex ratio in India and change the mind of the people regarding having a girl as a child.
- To increase awareness about the importance and role of a girl child.
- To provide opportunities to a girl and rights for their betterment.
- To educate the people about the health and nutrition of a girl child.
- To provide equal rights to every girl child and allow them to move in any part of the country.
The founder of the National Girl Child Day celebration is the ministry of Women and Child Development. The event was founded in 2008. The main aim of this event is to make people aware about the rights of a girl child as well as the importance of their healthy, nutrition, and education. This day also work against the discrimination based on gender.
As mentioned earlier, the National Girl Child Day is celebrated each year every 24th of January. This means that the upcoming National Girl Child Day will be celebrated on 24.
People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating Short Girl Appreciation Day. The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Girl Child Day:
To Strengthen the Rights of Every Girl Child in the Country
One major reason why you should participate in the celebration of this event is that by doing so, you can help strengthen the rights of every girl child in India. For sure, there is still a long way to achieve such feat but as long as we make a move, we are heading towards our goal – and that goal is to make every girl child in India enjoy all of her rights.
To Become a Better Parent to a Girl Child
Another good reason to celebrate this day is that as a parent of a girl child, you can be a better parent. If you promote the rights of a girl child, you are making a better future for your girl child. You are making the country a better place where your girl child can live happily.
To Make the Country a Better Place
Also a good reason to celebrate this day is that by doing so, you can make your country a better place. If you contribute towards the elimination of discrimination against women and make all girl child have their rights uphold, the country can better live in harmony where everyone is successfully working together to make the county better than ever before.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Girl Child Day as best as it can be:
Participate in Awareness Campaigns
One good thing you can do for this day is to participate in awareness campaigns aimed at making people aware about the importance of upholding the rights of a girl child. Unfortunately, there are still people who are not enlightened about the importance of upholding human rights, especially those that are related to the rights of a girl child. If you can contribute towards making them aware of these topics, then you are making a difference.
Empower Girl Children
You can also celebrate this day by empowering girl children. You can become a speaker of a conference or seminar that teaches young girls about the importance of making sure that their rights are upheld.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalGirlChildDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
- Save and Respect the Girl Child Because She Is the Future of the Family, Country and World.
- There Are Marvels and Magnificence in Each and Every Girl. Our Greatness Lies in Enabling Them to Prosper Their Magnificence.
- Young Ladies With Dreams Become Women With Vision. Happy International Day of Girl Child!
- She Can Make Hearts Melt and She Can Also Rule the World. Save Girl Child!!
- An Educated Woman Has the Power to Educate the Whole Family. Empower the Girl Child!!!
- A Girl Child Brings Joy, She Is No Less Than a Boy. Happy National Girl Child Day!
- “One of the greatest gifts parents can have is a girl child…. And if you have one then you are truly blessed.”
- “The happiest moment is when your daughter is born and the happiest journey is to see her grow.”
- “When you save a girl child, you are actually saving generations to come…. Save her to save the future!!!”
- You know you are blessed if you have a daughter because one day she will take care of you as a mother.”
- “Never consider a girl child as a burden on you because she is the one who will take away all the burdens on you.”
- “It is sad that not everyone understands the importance of a girl child but those who do know that they are the choicest blessings of God.”
- “If you are gifted with a girl child then surely God loves you the most because she is a son who will stand with you always and also a daughter who will take care of you.”
- “Save the girl child if you wish to save the future of the country. Save her to have a prosperous and happy life.”
- “On the occasion of National Girl Child Day, I wish that world becomes a better and safer place for the girl child with our constant efforts.”
- “The best thing that you can do for a girl child is to give her a safe environment to grow, study and do things she like…. Happy National Girl Child Day.”
- “I am truly blessed to have a daughter who is the reason for all my smiles and all my pride…. Wishing a very Happy National Girl Child Day to you my daughter.”
- “Without a girl child in your family, you cannot have prosperity, happiness and glory. Always respect her and care for her…. Happy National Girl Child Day.”
- “On the auspicious occasion of National Girl Child Day, let us promise ourselves to always work towards the safety and development of girl child.”
- “She has been ignored for ages but now she deserves all the attention, love and care…. Wishing a very warm National Girl Child Day.”