Linguine is a long, narrow, and flat type of pasta. It is commonly used in pasta dishes with seafood or pesto. It is also the kind used in the famous linguine alle vongole which means linguine with clams. Linguine is an Italian term for little tongue. It originated in Italy, specifically in the region of Liguria. If you are a fan of the Linguine paste, then you should not miss the celebration of the National Linguine Day held every 15th of September each year.
About the National Linguine Day
During the National Linguine Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own linguine pasta. Other people prefer to eat in a restaurant, usually Italian, where they can eat amazing linguine pasta. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Linguine means little tongues in English. It came from Liguria in Italy. It is made from durum semolina flour. Linguine is actually one of the oldest pastas in the world. Along with Fettuccine, it was developed over 400 years ago. Both of these pastas are thin and flat. However, linguine is narrower and has a more elliptical shape. It is also considered a more delicate pasta. People who cook linguine pasta often use thinner and lighter sauces to avoid its breakage. It is often the kind of pasta used in seafood and spicy pastas. It complements well with butter sauces, mushrooms, herbs, and fresh vegetables.
With limited knowledge about the origins of linguine, even less is known about the history of the National Linguine Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that linguine is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Linguine Day is celebrated every 15th of September each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Tuesday, September 15,
- Wednesday, September 15,
- Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Friday, September 15, 2023
- Sunday, September 15, 2024
- Monday, September 15, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Linguine Day as best as it can be:
Make Your Own Linguine Pasta
Obviously, the best way to celebrate this day is to make your own linguine pasta. You only need to prepare the ingredients, which can be easily purchased from the supermarket or grocery store, then cook them. You can take a look at an online recipe or cookbook that will teach you how to make a delicious linguine pasta.
Dine Out in a Restaurant
If you don’t have time to make your own linguine pasta, then you can just dine out in a restaurant that serves some good ones. It would be better if you can take your family and friends with you while you all indulge in some amazing linguine pasta.
Throw a Linguine Pasta Party
You can also make your celebration of this event much more sociable by throwing a linguine pasta party. Prepare a handful of this pasty variety and different sauces to provide an option for your pastry guests to choose from. You can provide seafood, spicy, mushroom, and veggie varieties.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalLinguineDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how fun you are enjoying your day.
- Life is a combination of magic and pasta. – Federico Fellini
- You can buy a good pasta but when you cook it yourself it has another feeling. – Agnes Varda
- Pasta with melted cheese is the one thing I could eat over and over again. – Yotam Ottolenghi
- Only thing I am testing positive for is Pasta or Cheese. – Joe Lauzon
- Pasta doesn’t make you fat. How much pasta you eat makes you fat. – Giada De Laurentiis
- In order to create a little bit of confidence, start cooking with pasta. Pasta is phenomenal. Once you’ve cooked pasta properly for the first time it becomes second nature. – Gordon Ramsay
- I’d much rather eat pasta and drink wine than be a size 0. – Sophia Loren
- As long as there’s pasta and Chinese food in the world, I’m okay. – Michael Chang
- Life is not worth living if I cannot have pasta or bread again. – Monica Seles
- Pasta is the one food I can’t live without. It’s the food I eat to fuel my running. – Joe Bastianich
- All food starting with p is comfort food: pasta, potato chips, pretzels, peanut butter, pastrami, Pizza, pastry. – Sara Paretsky
- No man is lonely eating spaghetti; it requires so much attention. – Unknown
- Carbs – especially pasta – are the fuel my body needs to maintain an athletic lifestyle. – Joe Bastianich