August 1 is National Milkshake Day, a day to celebrate milkshakes and all the delicious flavors that can be made with them. If you’re looking for a delicious way to celebrate this special day, check out some of our favorite milkshake recipes below.
What is National Milk hake Day?
National Milk Shake Day is celebrated on August 1. It is a day to promote milkshakes as a healthy snack.
History of the National MilkShake Day
National milkshake day is celebrated annually on September 25th in honor of Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, the founder of the Battle Creek Sanitarium which is now known as the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. National milk shake day was created in 1988 by then-president of the American Dairy Association, Bob Goldberg.
In honor of Dr. Kellogg and his achievements, many restaurants and cafes offer a free milk shake on National Milk Shake Day. In addition to free milk shakes, many establishments also offer special deals on milkshakes and other dairy-based foods.
How to celebrate National MilkShake Day
National Milkshake day is the perfect way to celebrate all things milk related! There are so many delicious and unique options for milkshake recipes that you can try out on this special day. Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet or savory, there’s a milkshake for you! Here are some of our favorite recipes to get you started:
1. Chocolate Milkshake: Combine 1 cup chocolate ice cream, 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon whipped cream in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
2. Strawberry Milkshake: Combine 1 cup strawberry ice cream, 2 tablespoons sliced strawberries, and 1 tablespoon whipped cream in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
3. Mint Milkshake: combine 1 cup vanilla ice cream, 2 sprigs of fresh mint, and 1 tablespoon whipped cream in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
4. Banana Milkshake: Combine 1 banana, 2 tablespoons frozen yogurt, and 1 tablespoon whipped cream in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
5. Coffee Milkshake: Combine 1 cup strong coffee, 2 tablespoons heavy cream,
Recipes for National Milk Shake Day
National Milk Shake Day is celebrated on the first Thursday of every month! What could be better than celebrating with a delicious milkshake? Here are some recipes for National Milk Shake Day.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake Recipe: Ingredients:1 cup milk1/2 cup ice cream1/4 cup peanut butter1 tablespoon jelly instructions:In a blender, combine the milk, ice cream, peanut butter, and jelly. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately. Variation: Chocolate Milkshake Recipe: Ingredients:1 cup milk1/2 cup ice cream1/4 cup chocolate chips (or 1 tablespoon cocoa powder)1 tablespoon peanut butter Instructions:In a blender, combine the milk, ice cream, chocolate chips (or cocoa powder), and peanut butter. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
National Milkshake day is a day to celebrate all that milk has to offer. Whether you’re into classic chocolate or strawberry, there’s sure to be a flavor for you on National Milkshake day. Plus, who doesn’t love a good milkshake? If you want to make your own National Milkshake Day drink at home, we have recipes for both chocolate and strawberry shakes below. Happy National Milkshake Day!