The National Only Child Day is celebrated every 12th of April each year. This is in complement with the National Siblings Day. Of course, what will people who are an only child of their parents do during the National Siblings Day? Hence, they should have a special day of celebration for themselves.
- 1 About National Only Child Day
- 1.1 History Of National Only Child Day
- 1.2 National Only Child Day Date
- 1.3 Why Celebrate National Only Child Day
- 1.4 National Only Child Day Celebration Ideas and Activities
- 1.5 National Only Child Day Quotes and Sayings
- 1.6 National Only Child Day Happy Memes & Funny Lines
About National Only Child Day
Sometimes, people say that an only child tends to be selfish, spoiled, and narcissistic. But what they don’t realize is that most of the time, an only child feels lonely since they don’t get to experience the job of having siblings in life. It is true though that an only child will be rained with lots of attention from his or her parent, primarily because attention could only be given to him or her. Nevertheless, the stereotype about an only child should be abolished and erased form our minds. There are a lot of good people who are the only child of their parents. Hence, the purpose of celebrating the National Only Child Day is to make all people who are an only child of their parents loved and appreciated by everyone in the world.
History Of National Only Child Day
We can make a good guess as to why this day started. Perhaps a person or some people thought that we have all sorts of family holidays such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparents’ Day, and Siblings’ Day but we don’t have one for an only child. Hence, we celebrate the National Only Child Day so that an only child will have a special day dedicated for him or her.
National Only Child Day Date
National Only Child Day is always celebrated on April 12 each year. This means that the upcoming National Only Child Day 2021 will be observed on April 12th, 2021.
Why Celebrate National Only Child Day
The following are the main reasons why you should celebrate the National Only Child Day:
To Have a Special Day for You
Perhaps you are an only child yourself. If so, then this is all the more reason for you to celebrate this special day. Remember that you are not alone in this world even if you are an only child. It may be tough growing up without a sibling beside you. But still, you are so much loved by your parents, relatives, and friends.
For Your Friends or Family
Or perhaps you may know a friend or a relative who is an only child. If so, then you should celebrate this special day for them. Let them know that they are loved and appreciated by you. For sure, they will greatly appreciate this act of yours.
National Only Child Day Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are some good ideas on how you can celebrate the National Only Child Day in the best way possible:
Do Something Fun
One good way of celebrating this day is to do something fun for yourself if you are an only child. You can go to the mall, do some shopping, and watch some movies. You can do all these alone.
Spend Time with Your Parents
You can also celebrate this day by spending some quality time with your parents. You can actually suggest some activities that you want to do with them. There is a big chance for them to grant your wishes considering that this is a special day for an only child just like you.
Give a Gift to an Only Child that You Know
You can also celebrate this day by giving a gift to a person whom you know is an only child. They deserve to be appreciated and loved during this day and so you should give it to them.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can for instance, use the hashtag #NationalOnlyChildDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
National Only Child Day Quotes and Sayings
- God bless you if you have one child, but I don’t think anybody should have just one child. Everybody needs a sibling. I have siblings, and I have so many amazing, precious memories with my siblings. I don’t know what I would do if I had been an only child – Sherri Shepherd
- I was a ‘Duck Hunt’ and ‘Mario’ guy, and stuff like that. I was never technologically driven. I never had all the cool, new toys. I was the youngest child, I wasn’t the only child, so I wasn’t spoiled as a kid. And, we were on the farm, so we didn’t have a lot. Also, with computers, I’m not very good with them. I just check my email – Garrett Hedlund
- I am not like a pebble on the beach – a grain of sand on the seashore or just one of millions of human beings past, present and future. No, I am a unique human being loved by God as if I were an only child – the only fruit of his creative power – Mother Angelica
- If you’re an only child, you spend a lot of time by yourself, and you develop a strong ability to entertain yourself, to conjure up fantasy – Peter Jackson
- When people ask what it’s like to be an only child, I say it depends on who your parents are. I was lucky – Brett Kavanaugh
National Only Child Day Happy Memes & Funny Lines
- National Only Child Day is April 12. I’m preparing to celebrate being so perfect my parents decided no other baby could compare.
- Awesome! I can’t wait for April 12. That’s my day. National only child day lol.
- To all those who feel left out on National Sibling Day, don’t worry, April 12 is National Only Child Day.
- Hey, only children, National Only Child Day is April 12. So, yes, you get your day, too. :P
- Whatever guys. Enjoy your National Sibling Day. I’ll enjoy not sharing my stuff with anyone on Only Child Day on April 12.
- Happy National Only Child Day to me, myself, and I. What a wonderful day to stand in the spotlight alone cause everyone knows we hate sharing.
- Happy National Only Child Day to all those easily adaptable self sufficient only children out there.
- Happy National Only Child Day to me and all my fellow spoiled brats out there.
- I’m very obviously an only child and when I was a kid I felt weird about the fact that I didn’t have siblings so I told everyone my dog was my sister!!!