National Peanut Day is celebrated every 13th of September each year. This day gives recognition to peanuts everyone’s favorite snack. It is also used as an ingredient in various dishes, meals, and desserts. If you are a fan of peanuts, you definitely should not miss this event.
About the National Peanut Day
Peanuts are popular snacks not just because of their amazing taste but also because they are very nutritious. Peanuts are rich in antioxidants. They also have lots of vitamins B6 and E. they also contain other essential minerals such as zinc, iron, and magnesium.
During National Peanut Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people buy jars of peanuts that they indulge themselves in. Other people make various dishes, desserts, and meals that make use of this nutritious legume as an ingredient. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event. This day has become an annual celebration same as National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
Peanuts originated in South America over 3,500 years ago. Though called peanuts, they are actually legumes and not nuts because they grow underground, just like carrots and potatoes. The peanuts come from the edible seeds from the pod. Peanuts provide the most amount of protein among all plants with a stunning eight grams per ounce.
With limited knowledge about the origins of peanuts, even less is known about the history of National Peanut Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such an event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that peanuts are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot on the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
CheckOut: National Peanut Butter Fudge Day
As mentioned earlier, National Peanut Day is celebrated every 13th of September each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Sunday, September 13,
- Monday, September 13,
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Friday, September 13, 2024
- Saturday, September 13, 2025
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Peanut Day:
Peanuts are Nutritious
As mentioned, peanuts are very nutritious. They contain essential minerals and vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, vitamin B5, and vitamin E. they also contain selenium, iron, zinc, manganese, potassium, and magnesium. Since peanuts are really good for you, you should celebrate the National Peanut Day to recognize this important and useful fact as well as to get a taste of this amazing legume.
Peanuts are Rich in Fiber and Protein
If you are aiming for weight loss, peanuts will be your best friend. Scientific studies have proven that daily doses of peanuts will aid in losing weight. Thus, if you are on this journey of losing some pounds or kilos, then you can begin your journey on your first celebration of the National Peanut Day.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of National Peanut Day as best as it can be:
Binge in Peanuts while Binge-watching Series
One great idea for your celebration of this day is to indulge yourself in eating delicious peanuts while you binge watches some TV series or movies. It would be relaxing and fulfilling to do this at the end of the day while you sit or lie down on your couch or bed.
Make Peanut Butter
Another good idea to celebrate this day is to make some peanut butter. If you are a fan of peanut butter, then why not try making one on your own with the use of peanuts? For sure, you would love whatever the resulting cream is.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalPeanutDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how fun you are enjoying your day.
- Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. – Charles M. Schulz
- If you can’t control your peanut butter, you can’t expect to control your life. – Bill Watterson
- Don’t sell your soul to buy peanuts for the monkeys. – Dorothy Salisbury Davis
- Basically, I learned to read by reading ‘Peanuts,’ just wanting to know what they were saying. – Stephan Pastis
- If you’re from a certain generation, you basically learn to read with ‘Peanuts.’ It’s sort of the template for the modern strip. Its influence ceased to be noticed because it’s in everything. – Stephan Pastis
- I’m a peanut farmer at heart, still grow peanuts on my farm in Georgia. – Jimmy Carter
- Without peanut butter, I might starve. – Judy Blume
- It isn’t illegal to buy an artist’s work for peanuts and sell it again at any price one can get. But it is an outrage! – Murray Leinster
- Finding a really good weblog is like finding the peanuts in a box of Cracker Jacks. They are in there, but you have to hunt for them. And when you find one, you savor it. – Mark R. Woodward
- The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss. – Mike Myers