The National Roasted Suckling Pig Day is celebrated every 18th of December each year. This day gives recognition to Roasted Suckling Pig – everyone’s favorite roasted meat. This food is usually prepared in parties and celebrations attended by a lot of people. It is also a common food during the holiday season. It commonly is the center food of the feast. A lot of people find this food very delicious and try to get the first bite off of it. If you are a fan of Roasted Suckling Pig, you definitely should not miss this event.
About the National Roasted Suckling Pig Day
During the National Roasted Suckling Pig Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to prepare their own roasted suckling pig. Other people, especially those who don’t have the time to make their own roasted suckling pig, just buy or order one from a restaurant or any meat shop that offers it. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
Suckling pig is the term given to a young pig that did not experienced being weaned to its mother. Young pigs are considered a delicacy because of their tender meat, compared to older pigs. The weight of a suckling pig can range from 9 to 20 pounds. The practice of making suckling pig can be tracked back to Ancient China and Rome. Nowadays, making roasted suckling pig has become a tradition in different countries all over the world.
With limited knowledge about the origins of roasted suckling pig, even less is known about the history of the National Roasted Suckling Pig Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that Roasted Suckling Pigs are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Roasted Suckling Pig Day is celebrated every 18th of December each year.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Roasted Suckling Pig Day as best as it can be:
Order a Roasted Suckling Pig from the Store
If you don’t have time to make your own Roasted Suckling Pig, then you can just order one from a meat shop or a restaurant that offers one. Chances are, they will deliver the Roasted Suckling Pig at your doorstep.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalRoastedSucklingPigDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- If I had to narrow my choice of meats down to one for the rest of my life, I am quite certain that meat would be pork. – James Beard
- Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul – chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we’re the greatest hunters on earth! – Anne Tyler
- There is poetry in a pork chop to a hungry man. – Philip Gibbs
- You can never put too much pork in your mouth as far as I’m concerned. – Lewis Black
- I’m such a foodie. If I see a pork chop, I’m eating it. – Josh Henderson
- Pork – no animal is more used for nourishment and none more indispensable in the kitchen; employed either fresh or salt, all is useful, even to its bristles and its blood; it is the superfluous riches of the farmer, and helps to pay the rent of the cottager. – Alexis Soyer
- To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. – Anthony Bourdain
- If there’s a God out there, then i would hope he has more important things to attend to than my drinking scotch or eating pork. – Khaled Hosseini
- Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don’t eat pork. I’m sorry, what was that last one?? Don’t eat pork. God has spoken. Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody? – Jon Stewart
- Cooking certain dishes, like roast pork, reminds me of my mother. – Maya Angelou