The National Sundae Day is celebrated every 11th of November each year. This day gives recognition to sundae – everyone’s favorite ice cream. Ice cream sundae is usually made up of two scoops of ice cream then topped with sauce or syrup. Other toppings can include sprinkles, maraschino cherry, whipped cream, pineapple, and more. Because of how delicious it is, no doubt why a lot of people had fallen in love with this tasty treat. If you are one of them, then you must not miss the celebration of the National Sundae Day & National Peach Ice Cream Day
About the National Sundae Day
During the National Sundae Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own sundae at home. They gather all the ingredients needed- ice cream, hot fudge, and toppings, to make one. Other people prefer to eat sundae in an ice cream store or parlor. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
The exact origin of sundae is up for debates. However, the oldest known record of this ice cream can be traced back to a NY advertisement in Ithaca. However, that October 5, 1892 ad mentioned in the Ithaca Daily Journal spelled the ice cream as Sunday – the conventional day of the week.
On a separate record, it is claimed that Edward Berners, a druggist, was the one who made the first ice cream sundae in 1881. It is said that a customer named George Hallauer ordered an ice cream soda during a Sunday. The time wasn’t right though because ice cream sodas were banned during the Sabbath. Hence, Berners compromised by making the ice cream without the soda. He instead poured chocolate syrup into it then called it Sundae.
With limited knowledge about the origins of sundae, even less is known about the history of the National Sundae Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that ice cream sundaes are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
Also Check Cone Icecream Day
As mentioned earlier, the National Sundae Day is celebrated every 11th of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Friday, November 11, 2022
- Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Monday, November 11, 2024
- Tuesday, November 11, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Sundae Day as best as it can be:
One great idea for your celebration of this day is to make an ice cream sundae that you can enjoy yourself. To make one, prepare vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup or hot fudge, and some toppings like sprinkle. Put in two scoops of vanilla ice cream in a cup, pour over the chocolate syrup or hot fudge, and the top with sprinkles or marshmallows. Serve and enjoy. Just remember that you can make different flavors of ice cream sundae depending on the flavor of ice cream you have and the kind of syrup you have.
Eat Sundae in an Ice Cream Store
If you don’t have time to make your own ice cream sundae, an alternative way to celebrate this day is to eat in an ice cream store that serves delicious sundae. Chances are, these stores already anticipate the special day and will provide ice cream sundaes in different varieties at discounted prices. You don’t want to pass this up.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalSundaeDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- You know, all that really matters is that the people you love are happy and healthy. Everything else is just sprinkles on the sundae. – Paul Walker
- There is a big confusion in this country over what we want verses what we need…you need food. You want a chocolate sundae. – Mitch Albom
- Love is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvelous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top. – Jimmy Dean
- Eating sundaes is something you can’t do every night. – Mary Tyler Moore
- Asking me what I think of Oscar (Hammerstein) is like asking me what I think of the Yankees, Man o’ War and Strawberry Sundaes. – Billy Rose
- I just think about how saying that you love someone can make your heart feel like some sort of brownie sundae, warm, gooey, sweet and good. – Carrie Jones
- I believe in holistic medicine, yoga, Pilates and so on. But I also believe in banana split sundaes once in a while. – Gwyneth Paltrow
- In my films, all the great things are put together. It’s not like one kind of ice cream but rather a very big Sundae. – George Lucas
- Some relationships aren’t meant to be Great Love; they’re meant to be like a hot fudge sundae–enjoyable but not something you can acually live on. – Kristin Chenoweth
- The world is too serious. To get mad at a work of art-because maybe somebody, somewhere is blowing his stack over what I’ve done-is like getting mad at a hot fudge sundae. – Kurt Vonnegut