The National Toasted Marshmallow Day is held every 30th of August every year. This special day gives recognition to toasted marshmallow, a sweet treat that everyone loves, especially when camping. If you are craving for something sweet and delicious, then you should prepare your marshmallow and sticks and then toast them over fire. You can event partner it up with Graham crackers and make some delicious S’mores.
About the National Toasted Marshmallow Day
During the National Toasted Marshmallow Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people celebrate by themselves by making their own toasted marshmallows. Doing so can be as easy as putting marshmallow inside an oven. Other people become more adventurous in their celebration by enjoying marshmallow toasted over campfire. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event. Millions of people take part in this celebrations & same day National French Toast Day.
Marshmallow is a sweet sugary candy. It was originally made as a medical confectionary that can treat angina. It was made from Althaea officinalis, or the marshmallow plant. Nowadays, marshmallows are made from gelatin, corn starch, and sugar. When marshmallows are toasted from heat, they develop a caramelized outer skin and a gooey texture underneath.
With some knowledge about the origins of toasted marshmallow, even less is known about the history of the National Toasted Marshmallow Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that toasted marshmallow is much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Toasted Marshmallow Day is celebrated every 30th of August each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Sunday, August 30, 2020
- Monday, August 30, 2021
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023
- Friday, August 30, 2024
- Saturday, August 30, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Toasted Marshmallow Day as best as it can be:
Make Your Own Toasted Marshmallow
Obviously, the best way to celebrate this day is to make your own toasted marshmallows. Fortunately for you, making some is so easy. You don’t need fire at all. You just need heat. You can even put some marshmallows in a bowl then heat them inside an oven or microwave. And as easy as that, you will be able to have your own toasted marshmallow for consumption.
Camp with Your Friends
You can become adventurous and creative in your celebration by camping out with your friends. And in that camp, you will all eat toasted marshmallow from a stick heated over campfire. This will surely be fun and will definitely satisfy your sugar cravings.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalToastedMarshmallowDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how fun you are enjoying your day.
National Toasted Marshmallow Day Quotes
- “You’re a marshmallow. Soft and sweet and when you get heated up you go all gooey and delicious.” – Janet Evanovich
- “My favorite vegetable is the marshmallow.” – Jim Gaffigan
- “Too bad we don’t have marshmallows. This is an amazing fire.” Howard emerged through the smoke behind Edilio.” ― Michael Grant, Lies
- “Women eat ice-cream, men toast marshmallows.” ― Dianna Hardy, Cry Of The Wolf
- “If it wasn’t for chocolate, my marshmallows would dance around naked.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
- I love raw cookie dough, right out of the tube. The other thing I eat is marshmallow fluff. – Sandra Bullock
- Last night I dreamt I ate a ten pound marshmallow. When I woke up the pillow was gone. – Tommy Cooper
- Every two months, I allow myself a splurge day where I eat thick, doughy pizza from Pizzeria Uno or an ice cream sundae from my store with birthday-cake ice cream, Marshmallow Fluff, and toppings mixed in. – Dylan Lauren
- True marshmallow – and I’m not talking about those ones from a bag – is nothing more than an Italian meringue set with gelatin. – Claire Saffitz
- Boomf is the noise a marshmallow makes when it falls through your letterbox. – James William Middleton