The National Vanilla Cupcake Day is celebrated every 10th of November each year. This day gives recognition to vanilla cupcake – everyone’s favorite pastry. Vanilla cupcakes are simple cupcakes made with vanilla essence and then topped with vanilla icing. It is said that they were invented in the USA. They are called fairy cakes in the UK and patty cakes in some parts of Australia. If you are a fan of vanilla cupcake, you should not miss the celebration of the National Vanilla Cupcake Day.
About the National Vanilla Cupcake Day
During the National Vanilla Cupcake Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration. For one, people try to make their own vanilla cupcakes at home. Other people prefer to buy some from the bakery or pastry shop that offers some delicious vanilla cupcakes. People also shout out on social media how they are participating in the celebration of the event.
The origin of cupcakes can be traced back to 1976 when a recipe for such treat was made. The recipe involved the baking of cakes in small cups. It was in a book called American Cookery by Amelia Simmons. The earliest documentation of cupcake was in 1828 in Eliza Leslie’s cookbook entitled Seventy-Five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes, and Sweetmeats.
Cupcakes were once baked in heavy pottery cups. But today, cupcakes are baked in small paper cups. Baking cupcake has already become an artform. Different bakers show off their skills in making delicious and beautiful-looking cupcakes.
With limited knowledge about the origins of vanilla cupcakes, even less is known about the history of the National Vanilla Cupcake Day. We don’t know when, where, and how it began. We also don’t have a clue as to who founded it. But still, we can make a good guess as to why such event was established in the first place. Perhaps a person or a group of people thought that vanilla cupcakes are much loved by the people. They must have then thought that it deserves a spot in the list of food holidays celebrated every year.
As mentioned earlier, the National Vanilla Cupcake Day is celebrated every 10th of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Friday, November 10, 2023
- Sunday, November 10, 2024
- Monday, November 10, 2025
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Vanilla Cupcake Day as best as it can be:
Make Some Vanilla Cupcake
Of course, the best way to celebrate this day is to make some vanilla cupcake. You can look for an online recipe or you can scan your cookbook to find instructions that will guide you on making an amazing and delicious vanilla cupcake. But for starters, you only need to bake some cupcakes added with vanilla essence. And then, top them with vanilla frosting.
Order from the Bakery
Another good idea for your celebration of this wonderful day is to order some vanilla cupcakes from the bakery or pastry shop. For sure, these stores will be offering lots of these cupcakes during or even before the event because they expect that a great demand for this pastry will come due to the celebration. Just make sure to buy one or some from a bakery or pastry shop that offers delicious vanilla cupcakes. A renowned pastry shop or bakery will do. This alternative is best for people who want to indulge themselves into some delicious vanilla cupcakes yet they do not have the time to make some for themselves.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalVanillaCupcakeDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. Let them know that such a celebration takes place every year and also how happy you are enjoying your day.
- “Friendship is sharing a sweet cupcake.” – Marie Williams Johnstone
- “You’re the frosting to my cupcake.” – Unknown Author
- “When you look at a cupcake, you’ve got to smile.” – Anne Byrn
- “What makes life so sweet? Cupcakes to eat and someone to love.” – Marie Williams Johnstone
- “There’s nothing a cupcake and coffee can’t solve.” – Marie Williams Johnstone
- “Writing is like baking cupcakes, you’re trying to make something from the raw. Like with cupcakes, it’s flour and eggs and stuff, and with books it’s ideas and words. The end result is the same though, you want people to eat them up.” – Emma Shortt
- “Friends are like cupcakes in my pantry of memories.” – Unknown Author
- “Well, that’s real swell, but it still doesn’t get the cream in the cupcake.” – Samantha from Sex and the City
- “When you share a cupcake, you share love.” – Unknown Author
- “In the buffet of life, friends are the dessert.” – Unknown Author
- “Cupcakes take the cake.” – Unknown Author
- “I never met a cupcake I didn’t like.” – Unknown Author
- “Muffins are just ugly cupcakes.” – Unknown Author
- “We’re encouraging them to bring healthy snacks, but when a parent comes up with a tray of sweets, I’m not going to turn them away. I don’t want to be the cupcake killer.” – John Young