The Patriots Day is celebrated every third Monday of April each year in the USA. This special holiday commemorates the battle of Lexington and Concord as well as the Battle of Menotomy. These are the first battles that occur during the American Revolutionary War. They happened near the area of Boston in 1775. This holiday should not be confused with the Patriot Day celebrated every 11th of September each year.
About the Patriots Day
Since Patriots Day is a public holiday, most schools and private businesses are closed during this day. People take their day off to learn more about the events that led to the declaration of such day. People also watch re-enactments of the battles of Concord and Lexington. They also shout out on social media how they are participating in this celebration.
A significant contributor towards the achievement of independence by the United States is the American Revolutionary War. The first battles that occurred during this war happened in the area of Concord and Lexington near Boston, Massachusetts during April 19, 1775. It was on the third Monday of April and it is because of this that such day became symbolic.
The official recognition of this day happened in 1984 when the Lexington Historical Society petitioned the proclamation of April 19 as the Lexington Day. A governor then suggested the holiday to be called Concord Day instead. A compromise between the two was then proposed by Governor Frederic T Greenhalge calling the day as Patriot’s Day.
The first official proclamation of the holiday happened in 1984 in Massachusetts.
As mentioned earlier, the Patriot’s Day is always celebrated on the 3rd Monday of April every year. This means that the dates of celebration for this holiday are as follows:
- Monday, April 20, 2015
- Monday, April 18, 2016
- Monday, April 17, 2017
- Monday, April 16, 2018
- Monday, April 15, 2019
- Monday, April 20, 2020
- Monday, April 19, 2021
- Monday, April 18, 2022
- Monday, April 17, 2023
- Monday, April 15, 2024
- Monday, April 21, 2025
Of course, the major reason why you should celebrate the Patriot’s Day is that it is a significant day commemorating significant steps that led to the independence of the country. If you are patriotic enough, you will join this important celebration.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Patriot’s Day as best as it can be:
Watch the Reenactment of Battles
Some groups celebrate this day by re-enacting the battles of Concord and Lexington in order to remind people what happened during these days. If you know that such an activity like this will happen near you, then do take that opportunity to watch the re-enactment.
Join the Boston Marathon
There is also a special competitive marathon held in Boston every year for this celebration. If you want to celebrate this day more enjoyably, then try to participate in this.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #Patriot’sDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
Patriots Day Messages
- Salute to every one of those men who love their nation not on the grounds that it is an awesome country but rather in light of the fact that it is their own country. Happy Patriot’s Day!
- Memory is only a wonderful method for clutching things that you have dependably adores, recalling the things that you never need to lose. Happy Patriot’s Day!
- Today is the day to recollect every one of the individuals who passed on and dependably keep them alive in our recollections. Happy Patriot’s Day!
- We will dependably keep them alive in our supplications in light of the fact that those spirits kicked the bucket on account of war. On this propitious day of Patriot’s Day, let us hold a quiet of 2 minutes in memory of every one of those individuals.
- Patriot Day is the update that we as a whole should remain against fear based oppression and battle for the congruity and tranquility of the world. Wishing you a Happy Patriot’s Day.
- No war can be won by slaughtering. No man can be a lord without the adoration for his countrymen. Happy Patriot’s Day!
- No fear monger can win this world with his dread… Patriot Day is the update that we as a whole are reinforced with adoration and joined with concordance. All the best to you on Patriot’s Day.
- Simply considering yourself a patriot does not make you a patriot… wearing a banner stick on your neckline doesn’t not express love for your country. Serve the nation and then be a patriot.
- Battling for your nation, working for the advancement of your country makes you a genuine patriot. Wishing you an exceptionally Happy Patriot’s Day.
- Only the genuine patriot adores his nation without a doubt. No one but he can make penances for the country. We are proud of you. Happy Patriot’s Day!