Paying forward is an act of doing something into others without expecting anything in return. There is a special day for this act of kindness called the Pay it Forward Day. It is celebrated every April each year. Though the date is movable, the upcoming celebration of this day will be held on April 28, 2020. According to the website of the Pay It Forward Day, “We believe that small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can literally change the world for the better.” This means that paying it forward even through small gestures can create a ripple of kindness. This is the main essence of the event.
About the Pay it Forward Day
Pay it forward is an expression for describing the beneficiary of a good deed repaying the kindness to others instead of to the original benefactor. During this day, people do all sorts of activities that let them achieve the objectives or goals of this day. For one, people do small acts of kindness to help other people. This allows them to feel the good feeling of being able to help others. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this special day.
History Of Pay it Forward Day
This holiday was inspired by the book of the same name written by Catherine Ryan Hyde. The event itself was founded by Blake Beattie in Australia in 2007. At its prime, the initial event only asked participants to make one to three good deeds to others without asking for anything in return. Instead, they are tasked to encourage other people (those that they have done good deeds to) to pay it forward by helping someone else in need. Starting from this event, the day became famous and soon grew to have a large following. It can now be considered an international celebration since many people from different countries all over the world now participate in this one of a kind annual celebration.
Pay it Forward Day-Date
The date of the Pay It Forward Day is movable. But for the upcoming celebration, it will be held on April 28, 2020.
The following are the main reasons why you should celebrate this day:
To Help Other People
There is no better reason to celebrate this day than to help out other people. This is your prime chance to lend a hand to those who need help.
To Feel the Feel-Good Factor
Helping other people doesn’t just make them feel good it also makes the helper feel good. If you want to experience this amazing feeling of being able to help out others, then you should celebrate this day.
To Inspire Kindness to People
Helping out other people will create a ripple of kindness which means that they in turn, will help out others as well.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Pay it Forward Day as best as it can be:
Donate Cash to Charity
One good idea to celebrate this day is to donate cash to a charity. This is a straightforward thing to do because you know that the charity will use the cash donated by you to help others in need.
You can also celebrate this day by volunteering for an event or activity that will allow you to lend a hand to those in need. For instance, you may want to volunteer to the home for the aged, a homeless shelter, or an orphanage.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You may, for instance, use the hashtag #PayItForwardDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
- “Our actions are like ships which we may watch set out to sea, and not know when or with what cargo they will return to port.” ― Iris Murdoch, The Bell
- “Our job on earth isn’t to criticize, reject, or judge. Our purpose is to offer a helping hand, compassion, and mercy. We are to do unto others as we hope they would do unto us.” ― Dana Arcuri
- “Because it proves that you don’t need much to change the entire world for the better. You can start with the most ordinary ingredients. You can start with the world you’ve got.” ― Catherine Ryan Hyde
- “In a world like this, you pay it forward, ’cause more than likely you didn’t deserve it when you got it the first time.” ― Mindy McGinnis
- “A purposeful act or extension of kindness to another is never wasted, for it always resides in the hearts of all involved in a chain of love.” ― Molly Friedenfeld
- “Every once in a while try to do something nice for somebody you don’t know, even if it’s just leaving an opening in traffic for them to merge into, small things like that give people hope that we’re not all assholes.” ― Joshua Neik
- “Parenting is the greatest pay it forward system on earth. We don’t owe our parents anything. We owe our children everything. The same was true for our parents. The same will be true for our children.” ― Dan Pearce
- “When we’re stuck with cruelty, we can either inflict the same on others like it’s a rite of passage or decide that here is where it stops.” ― Joyce Rachelle
- “Avoidance is paying forward that which I would be much wiser to pay off.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “When you mess up-fix it when you fail-fall forward and learn when you suffer loss-heal and
- always pay it forward” ― Val Uchendu