Is work or school putting too much pressure in you? Do you have enough money to pay for all the bills? If your spouse putting in enough time for you? Are the kids doing well in school? There are literally thousands of questions like that that come up in your mind every single day. And honestly, these questions eliminate your peace of mind and instead stress you out. Fortunately, there is one day where you can just forget about all that – the National Stress Awareness Day.
About the National Stress Awareness Day
The National Stress Awareness Day gives everyone the chance to relax. Apart from that, the day also aims to make people aware why they are stressing out and the things that they can do to stop it. During this occasion, people take a breath away from stressful activities. They instead focus on activities that let them have fun and enjoy a peace of mind. Other people take this day more seriously by asking help from a councilor on how they can manage their stress better so that their worries and anxiety can be alleviated.
The National Stress Awareness Day was established by Carole Spiers from the International Stress Management Association. She founded the day to provide people with information about stress and the strategies that they could employ to address it.
The National Stress Awareness Day is celebrated every first Wednesday of November each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- 6 November 2019
- 4 November 2020
- 3 November 2021
- 2 November 2022
- 1 November 2023
- 6 November 2024
- 5 November 2025
- 4 November 2026
- 3 November 2027
- 1 November 2028
- 7 November 2029
Why Celebrate National Stress Awareness Day?
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the National Stress Awareness Day:
To Relieve Yourself from Stress
You should celebrate this day to relieve yourself from stress. This is especially important if you know that you are currently under a lot of stress due to various problems. By celebrating this day, you can help yourself and ask assistance from experts as to how you can manage stress better.
To Become Better in Handling Stress
Another reason to celebrate this day is that by doing so, you can become better in handling stress. It is not only important to manage the stress you are currently under in but also the future stress that you will encounter in your life.
To Help Other People Manage Stress
You should also celebrate this da to help other people manage stress. If you are stress-free or if you are good in handling it, that does not mean that this day serves no purpose for you. You can actually help your family, friends, and other people by sharing them tips on how you manage your stress in daily life.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the National Stress Awareness Day as best as it can be:
Relax and Have Fun
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to relax and have fun. This is all about relieving yourself from stress. Make sure to do all the activities that will allow you to enjoy this special day. You can also be a little bit selfish and do all sorts of things that you want – eat your favorite food, indulge in your favorite dessert, binge-watch your favorite shows or movies, etc.
Seek Help from a Counselor
You can also celebrate this day by seeking help from a counselor. If you are not confident enough that you can help yourself with managing stress, then you can just ask for assistance from the expert. For sure, you will be greatly helped and become a better version of yourself that can survive day-to-day problems.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalStressAwarenessDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
National Stress Awareness Day Messages
- Stress can disrupt your mental health and harm your soul. On this Stress Awareness day, find time in your busy routines and relax your mind.
- Stress Awareness Day is the perfect opportunity for you to develop a routine, lessen your tension and relax.
- On Stress Awareness Day, take a moment and think about your health and well-being and if you are stressed, find advice and support on managing it.
- Exercise, practice deep breathing and take a long, relaxing bath. On Stress awareness day leave all your worries behind.
- On Stress Awareness Day, create a Stress Awareness Space so you can share your thoughts and feelings with people around you when you are felling stressed.
- Stress Awareness day is about introspecting and finding out the reasons for your worries. Noticing the reason for your stress can help you learn how to deal with it and maintain your well-being.
- Stress Awareness day is the day to find time on our lives to get informed about stress and how it affects us.
- On Stress Awareness Day unburden yourself from all the tension and stress by taking a peaceful walk and getting a relaxing massage.
- On Stress Awareness day take part in the initiative started by the International Stress Management Association (ISMA), raise awareness, create publicity and profile stress and its impacts to help reduce the stigma in the society.