The Swami Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti is an annual celebration held every tenth day of the Krishna Pasha in the month of Falgun. It commemorates the birth anniversary of Swami Dayanand Saraswati who is the founder of Arya Samaj. He was also one of the first men to oppose the social evils of animal sacrifice, child marriage, discrimination against women, and the caste system. He also condemned pilgrimages and idol worship. Throughout his life, he wrote 60 works with the Satyarth Prakash or The Light of Truth being the most popular one. This books became integral for India’s achievement of freedom.
About the Swami Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti
During this special day of celebration, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of this day. For one, people get to know more about Swami Dayanand. They read his biographies and watch documentaries featuring him. Other people spend this day by reading the works of Swami Dayanand. People also shout out on social media how they are celebrating this day.
Swami Dayanand was born as Mool Shankar Tiwari to a Hindu family. He was a renowned scholar of the Vedic knowledge. He believed that Hinduism diverged from its founding principles. He thus, dedicated his life to revive the Vedic ideologies. He spent 25 years as a wandering ascetic in order to know the deeper meaning of life.
In 1875, Swami Dayanand founded the Arya Samaj. His vision was universal brotherhood and believed that “all actions should be performed with the prime objective of benefiting mankind.” He wrote the ten principles of the Arya Samaj that are now being followed by millions of people all over the world.
In order to honor and remember Swami Dayanand, the Swami Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti is held each year.
As mentioned earlier, the Swami Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti is celebrated every 10th day of the Krishna Pasha in the month of Falgun. This means that the dates of celebration for this special day are as follows:
- Saturday, February 14, 2015
- Friday, March 4, 2016
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- Saturday, February 10,
- Friday, March 1,
- Tuesday, February 18,
- Monday, March 8,
Dayanand Saraswati has become one of the most influential figures in the country of India. His works have inspired a lot of people, especially during the time when India was struggling to achieve the country’s independence. Because of his valuable contributions, he deserves to be honored during this special day of celebration. Hence, you must celebrate this day to give him commemoration and honor.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Swami Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti as best as it can be:
Read the Books and Works of Dayanand Saraswati
Dayanand Saraswati wrote numerous books for the people to know and understand his ideals. One of his most influential works is the book Satyarth Prakash, which contributed to India’s struggle for independence. Madam Cama, Pandit Lekh Ram, Swami Shraddhanan, Lala Rajpat Rai were all followers of Swami Dayanand Swami. Since the books written by him were influential and contains lessons for life, you should also read these works of his.
Get to Know More About Dayanand Saraswati
Apart from knowing Swami Dayanand Saraswati’s works, you should also take time to know more about him. You can do this by reading a book or biography about him. You can also watch a documentary or an online video that explains his life and his works.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #SwamiDayanandSaraswatiJayanti to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
- “On the occasion of Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti, let us remember the man whose contribution to Indian society will always be remembered. Warm wishes on this special day.”
- “We are fortunate to be born in a nation where Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati was born. We are fortunate to read about him and take inspiration from him. Happy Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti.”
- “Sending warm greetings on Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti to remind you that he is the reason we all are connected with our Vedas.”
- “We have no words to thank Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati for his dedication and contribution. Warm wishes on Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti to everyone.”
- “A strong and influential personality like Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati will always inspire us towards our nation and culture. Happy Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti.”
- “Warm wishes on Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti. No words are enough to thank him for guiding us with his teachings and showing us the right path.”
- “Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati was not just a scholar but a patriot who dedicated his life for his nation and for Hindu culture. Happy Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti to all.”
- “Wishing a very Happy Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati. We are fortunate to read about him and take inspiration from his work to make this world a better place to live.”
Swami Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti Quotes
- As the god has given sun,water,earth,fire,air,moon to all,In the same way he had given true knowledge of Vedas for all mankind. – Dayananda Saraswati
- He who never prays both in morning and evening he should be called as shudra. – Dayananda Saraswati
- A virtuous, truth speaking and educated person is arya while opposite to that is a thief. – Dayananda Saraswati
- The world is fettered by the chain forged by superstition and ignorance. – Dayananda Saraswati
- Always first see bad in your self than in others, you will find many who are always busy in saying others bad and not looking themselves. – Dayananda Saraswati
- They are Great who feel self Happiness when others are Happy and Unhappy when others are in Unhappy. – Dayananda Saraswati
- Even if people burn my fingers by burning them as candle sticks then even I will never deviate from path of saying truth. – Dayananda Saraswati
- In humans fear is due to doubts ,bad company and bad impression which leads to suffering of them. – Dayananda Saraswati
- They are real true persons who in this body with both happiness and sorrow never leaves the true path of Dharma. – Dayananda Saraswati
- When bad does not leave their badness why does the good leave there goodness. – Dayananda Saraswati