Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
The Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is celebrated every fourth Thursday of April each year in the Unites States. This day encourages parents to bring their children to work so that they would be able to get a glimpse of what their parents do at work. It aims to be an educational program where children can explore the workforce. It can teach children the different roles that they can take on in an office and may inspire them to take on a specific path in life.
About the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
During the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day, people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of this day. Obviously, almost all parents take their children to their offices. But beforehand, offices usually organize before the event itself. They prepare the activities that can be done as well as the foods that everyone can indulge on during the day. They then post on social media how they have celebrated the day for other people to find out what they did during the special day. During the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day, is same like National sons day , people conduct various activities that let them achieve the objectives or purposes of the celebration.
The Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is a predecessor of the Take Our Daughters to Work Day. The latter was founded in 1993 by Gloria Steinem and the MS Foundation for Women. In 2003, it was expanded to also include boys.
As mentioned earlier, the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is celebrated every fourth Thursday of April each year. This means that the dates of celebration for this event are as follows:
- Thursday, April 23,
- Thursday, April 22,
- Thursday, April 28, 2022
- Thursday, April 27, 2023
- Thursday, April 25, 2024
- Thursday, April 24, 2025
- Thursday, April 23, 2026
- Thursday, April 22, 2027
- Thursday, April 27, 2028
- Thursday, April 26, 2029
The main reason why you should celebrate this day is that this is your best opportunity to bond with your kid while at your office. This is also the best time for you to let your kids know what you actually do in the office so that they may get a glimpse of all the stressful activities that you need to do each day to earn a living for them.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day as best as it can be:
Take Your Children to Work
Of course, the most ideal thing to do for this day is to take your children to work. Take your sons and daughters to work just like what other parents do. Let them see what you do and also let them explore what the other staff in your office do. Let them meet your officemate’s children for them to have new friends. Let them explore your office and answer any question they may ask about the working environment.
Have a Reflection Session with Your Children
When you go home, do a session with your children about their experience in you taking them to your work. Ask them what they have learned and if they are interested in any role in your office. If they have further questions, answer them to the best of your abilities.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can post a photo of you with your kids in the office and use the hashtag #TakeOurDaughtersAndSonsToWorkDay to let your friends and followers know how you are celebrating this special day.
Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day Quotes
- “I like kids, but this not a kids environment. This is like HBO, no limits. Who knows what I’m going to say, crazy stuff, and it is R-rated, it is not rated G. I am like Eddie Murphy in ‘Raw,’ and they are trying to make me into Eddie Murphy in ‘Daddy Daycare.’ Both great movies, but still.” — Michael Scott from “The Office”
- “Now that I’ve seen you explain your job to your child, I realize how little you actually do.”
- “Take your child to work day is a wonderful opportunity to pull the fire alarm and blame the children.”
- “I noticed on take your kids to work day that your child was actually better at your job than you are.”
- “I’m bringing my kids to work so they can see why I’m such a bitch when I get home.”
- “Taking my kid to work will only further reinforce my fear that I can be easily replaced by a six year old.”
- “Today our office will be overrun by smaller and even whinier versions of ourselves.”
- “I refuse to take my kids to work because they’re so much more talented on those computer things than I am.”