The World Veterinary Day is celebrated all over the world every year during the last Saturday of April. This event is celebrated to promote and put into spotlight all the lifesaving work done by veterinarians around the world. They are the doctors to animals. Whenever animals get sick, veterinarians are there to treat them. Because of their importance as well as to express thanks to them, the Veterinary Day is celebrated every year.
About the Veterinary Day
The World Veterinary Day aims to raise awareness about the different aspects of the work carried out by veterinarians. These people take care of your pet dogs, animals, horses and even barn animals like pigs, cows, chickens, and sheep. They make sure that animals are treated of their disorders and injuries and that they will be able to prevent themselves from catching various diseases. In order to honor their fantastic work, the Veterinary Day is celebrated each year. During this day, various activities are conducted in order to give commemoration and recognition to all veterinarians. People give gifts and letters of appreciation to their pets’ vets. Students are also encouraged to take the path of becoming veterinarians in the future so that we will have more experts on taking good care of our beloved animals.
The World Veterinarian Day was founded by the World Veterinary Association or the WVA in 2000. Their purpose for starting this day was to highlight the heroic work of veterinarians from all over the world. The main aim of World Veterinary Day is to raise awareness about animal health and welfare. Every year a different theme is selected by the WVA and OIE (Organization for Animal Health). These themes help pet owners to recall the importance of various aspects of animal care and how veterinarians can help them in taking care of their pets.
As mentioned earlier, the World Veterinary Day is celebrated every last Saturday of April each year. This means that the upcoming Veterinary Day will be held on Saturday, April 24, .
The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of the Veterinary Day:
To Honor All Veterinarians
One good reason why you should celebrate this day is that this can be your way to honor all veterinarians in the world. For so long, these people have taken good care of pets and even wild animals. They dedicate their lives in doing so. Hence, they deserve to be honored and recognized during this special occasion.
To Know More About the Job of Veterinarians
Another reason to celebrate this day is that it is your opportunity to know more about the work line of veterinarians. Just like physicians, their job is somehow complicated especially since the lives of animals depend on their hands. It would be good to know aspects of veterinary medicine during this day.
To Be Motivated in Taking Good Care of Animals
You should also celebrate this day to become motivated of taking care of animals. You may not know that veterinary medicine might be the field that you become interested in. So why not explore it during this day and see if that is a path that you can consider.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of the Veterinary Day as best as it can be:
One good idea to celebrate this day is to recognize and honor veterinarians. You can simply do this by going to your pet’s vet and give him or her a letter of appreciation as well as a token or a gift. For sure, the vet will be happy and become more motivated to take good care of your pets.
World Veterinary Day Celebrate on Social Media
You can take your celebration of this day on social media. You can use the hashtag #WorldVeterinaryDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day. You can also post a status or a shout out that states your gratitude for all veterinarians in the world.
- The best doctor in the world is a veterinarian. They can’t ask their patients what’s the matter, they’ve got just to know. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘Good veterinarians talk to animals. Great veterinarians hear them talk back. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘Thank you for making this world a fairer place for all animals. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘Our staff wishes you a wonderful World Veterinary Day and many joys on any other day.’
- ‘May the World Veterinary Day bring you all the best wishes and feelings to you!’
- ‘My heart is asking me to wish you a nice day filled with fun and spirit. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘Many obstacles may come on our way, no matter whatever it is just go along and face it. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘I may not wish you to have good wealth or great fortune, I just wish you to have a nice day!’
- ‘All people in this world are born with luck but not all the people have discovered it. You definitely have, dear veterinarians. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘I want to let you know how much I appreciate your dedication and hard work. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘Thank you for all of the care you provide for our pets. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘To all of the vets and their team around the world a very Happy World Veterinary Day.’
- ‘In love to animals, we evolve from selfish to selfless. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘Medicos are going to be doctors. Veterinarians are going to be LEGENDS. Happy World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘May your days be wonderful and healthy like you make it for others. I want to thank you on this World Veterinary Day!’
- ‘Some superheroes don’t wear capes. They are called veterinarians. Happy World Veterinary Day!’