The World Ego Awareness Day is celebrated every 11th of May each year. This event aims to raise awareness about how peoples’ ego function and its effects on the quality of our lives. Our ego is considered to be the most important factor that affects our mental health. This day wants to make us all acknowledge the fact that most of the time, we ignore examining our ego because it makes us take a closer look at our behavior and thoughts. Learning more about our ego leads to us learning more about ourselves, and eventually making us have a good mental health.
About the World Ego Awareness Day
During the World Ego Awareness Day, people conduct various activities that let the achieve the objectives or goals of this day. For one, they discover what ego is all about. They use that concept to discover their inner ego. People also shout out on social media about ego and its relationship and importance on mental health.
The World Ego Awareness Day is quite a new kind of celebration. It was founded by the Ego Awareness Movement, a non-profit organization, in . The purpose for starting the event was to help people suffering from an advanced case of egoism, which is known to lead into abusive behavior, blindness of reality all around, and a skewed experience with regards to interacting with people.
As mentioned earlier, the World Ego Awareness Day is always held on May 11 of each year.
Why Celebrate World Ego Awareness Day?
The main reason why you should join in the celebration of this day is that it benefits yourself as an individual who may be wanting to become a better person. It may also allow you to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your qualities as a person. You can, in turn, use all your learnings during this day to help out other people. Hence, celebrating this day is highly recommended.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of World Ego Awareness Day as best as it can be:
Learn What Ego Is
One good thing to do for this day is to learn more about what ego is. It may be a concept a little bit complex and difficult to understand at first but it is actually very simple. You can read a dictionary, an online article, or a psychology book to gain a deeper understanding of what ego is all about.
Also a good way to celebrate this day is to discover yourself through meditation and relaxation. Think clearly about your attitude and your qualities as a person. Think of your ego as an individual. Is it something bad for you and for other people? Is it time for you to change your ways? These are some of the questions that you can think of while reflecting.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You should use the hashtag #WorldEgoAwarenessDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this important day.
World Ego Awareness Day Messages
- On this World Ego Awareness Day, leave the ‘E’ behind and ‘GO’ at your dreams with a heart full of love. Happy World Ego Awareness Day.
- To ensure improvement in yourself you need to learn to be content with what you have. Wish you a very happy World Ego Awareness Day.
- Remember the importance of co-habitation on World Ego Awareness Day and thrive to live happily with all without your ego coming in between.
- Leave your ego behind and start understanding the emotions of people around you to ensure a better world. Best wishes on World Ego Awareness Day.
- Ego and awareness can never go hand in hand. Let go of your ego on this World Ego Awareness Day and take a step towards success.
- The moment you become aware of the ego inside you and learn to how to control it and where to use it, you win the biggest battle of all. Wish you a very happy World Ego Awareness Day.
- Ego symbolizes unawareness and an unaware person can never succeed. Best wishes on World Ego Awareness Day.
- You are born with abilities to change someone’s life. Remember to use them on World Ego Awareness Day and to not let your ego stand in the way. Happy World Ego Awareness Day.
- Life is long. With Ego, it is also lonely. Leave your ego behind for happier days. Wish you a very happy World Ego Awareness Day.
- Be humble, be true, and be kind. Let go of your ego on the occasion of World Ego Awareness Day.
- Ego acts like dust in your eye. Like you have to clear it to be able to see clearly you need to let go of your ego to see the world. Best wishes on World Ego Awareness Day.
World Ego Awareness Day Quotes
- “When any man is more stupidly vain and outrageously egotistic than his fellows, he will hide his hideousness in humanitarianism.” – George Moore
- “If the egotist is weak, his egotism is worthless. If the egotist is strong, acute, full of distinctive character, his egotism is precious, and remains a possession of the race.” – Alexander Smith
- “I have never seen a greater monster or miracle than myself.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “Ego trip: a journey to nowhere.” – Robert Half
- “Egotism is the anesthetic which nature gives us to deaden the pain of being a fool.” – Dr. Herbert Shofield
- “Ego judges and punishes. Love forgives and heals.” Anonymous
- “If someone corrects you and you feel offended, then you have an ego problem.” Nouman Ali Khan
- “Is that you or your ego?” Anonymous
- “Big egos are big shields for lots of empty space.” Diana Black
- “Less ego, more excellence. Less talk, more do. Less rude, more polite. Less fear, more wins.” Anonymous
- “Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called ego.” Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Love is happy when it is able to give something. The ego is happy when it is able to take something.” Osho
- “Ego is to the true self what a flashlight is to a spotlight.” John Bradshaw
- “Your ego is your soul’s worst enemy.” Rusty Eric
What is the purpose of World Ego Awareness Day?
World Ego Awareness Day is an annual event that encourages people to reflect on their own egos and learn how to manage them more effectively.
What is an inflated ego?
An inflated ego is when someone has an exaggerated sense of their own importance or abilities, which can lead to harmful behaviors such as arrogance, selfishness, and a lack of empathy.
How can I manage my ego?
Managing your ego requires cultivating self-awareness, developing empathy and compassion, and practicing humility and gratitude.