World Gratitude Day is celebrated every 21st of September each year. This day brings together the whole world in celebrating a day full of gratitude or thankfulness. It units all individuals, organizations, and nations to share and express gratitude in many ways,
About the World Gratitude Day
Being grateful is a beneficial characteristic. It gives physical and emotional benefits to a person. Practicing thankfulness will lower stress levels, boost the immune system, and improve sleep. It also improves self-esteem and lowers the chances of depression. Gratitude can also enhance professional and social skills. That is why during World Gratitude Day, people express thankfulness. They want to thank every single thing that makes them happy in life.
Every Single Gratitude Day
Some things that you should be thankful for every single day include the following:
- The food that you eat every day.
- The home that you live in.
- The job that you have which allows you to earn a living for your basic needs and occasional wants.
- Your healthy body.
- The nature that surrounds you.
- The pets that are ever loyal to you.
- And anything else that you could be thankful for.
The World Gratitude Day celebration is the idea of Sri Chinmoy, a meditation teacher, and spiritual leader. It was during a Thanksgiving dinner in a meditation room of the United Nations Building where he suggested this occasion in the year 1965. Each member gathered and agreed to celebrate Gratitude Day on September 21. In 1977, a resolution was submitted by the group to recognize World Gratitude Day. This happened at the New York Headquarters during a special ceremony that honored Sri Chimney. Ever since that day, World Gratitude Day became an annual observance.
As mentioned earlier, World Gratitude Day is celebrated every September 21 each year.
People love to celebrate this holiday as much as they love to celebrate World Teacher Day. The following are the main reasons why you should participate in the celebration of World Gratitude Day:
To Thank for Everything that You Have Right Now
One good reason to celebrate this day is that this is the perfect opportunity for you to say your thanks for everything that you have right now. Every blessing in your life, there is someone who helped you with that. If you have been alone and strived to live a happy life, then you should still thank yourself for being strong. Hence, you will always have a reason to celebrate this special occasion.
To Spread the Good Vibes
Also, a good reason to celebrate this day is that by doing so, you can spread the good vibes to other people. Expressing gratitude is contagious. It improves the mood of people. When they are thanked by other people, they do the same thing to others. It is like an endless ripple that makes us all happy.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of World Gratitude Day as best as it can be.
Express Your Gratitude on Social Media
One good idea for your celebration of this day is to express your thanks on social media. Here, you can say your thank you message to your friends and family. you can also use the hashtag #WorldGratitudeDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
Give Gifts and Thank You Letters to People
Another good idea to do for this day is to give gifts and thank you letters to people who have helped you one way or another. You can give these gifts to your family and friends. Expressing your gratitude will surely fill their warm hearts and will make them more motivated to be always there for you whenever you need help.
Socialize with Your Friends and Family About Gratitude
You can also celebrate this day by conversing with your family and friends about gratitude. Talking about the essence of this day will give you a lot of realizations in life. You may also be able to pick up a lot of lifelong lessons that you can share with other people.
- The special occasion of World Gratitude Day reminds us to thank our loved ones, which we often forget in our busy lives.”
- “Warm wishes on World Gratitude Day to you. With your presence, you have always made a big difference in our lives. A big thank you to you.”
- “Without you, my life is incomplete… I may not say that to you but you have surely made my life a happier one. Warm wishes on World Gratitude Day.”
- “Happy World Gratitude Day to you…. I express my gratitude to you on this day for you have always helped me in each and every phase of my life.”
- “There is no one who cares like you, who is concerned about me like you…. On the occasion of World Gratitude Day, I would like to thank you for being so nice.”
- “God has given us such a beautiful life but we don’t even thank him even once for all the love he has showered us with. On World Gratitude Day, let us thank Him and all his people.”
- “Even the smallest gesture of gratitude counts because it expresses a lot. Wishing a very Happy World Gratitude Day.”
- “There is always something to thank for…. Never forget to express it because there might be no tomorrow. Happy World Gratitude Day.”
- “Always be thankful with what you have and He will give you more, for those who are thankful are always blessed. Warm wishes on World Gratitude Day.”
- “The best attitude to wear is gratitude. Celebrate World Gratitude Day by thanking everyone around you for the good they have done to you.”
- “Once you will learn to be thankful to people, you will have your life change for good, you will have your life become a happier one. Happy World Gratitude Day.”
- “Being thankful is a choice and it is a beautiful choice to make this life happier and more blessed. It’s time to thank family and friends. Happy World Gratitude Day.”
World Gratitude Day Quotes
- God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” – William A. Ward
- Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good. – Maya Angelou
- Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone. – G.B. Stern
- We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives. – John F. Kennedy
- Do not tell the man that is carrying you that he stinks. – African Proverb
- There is always, always, always something to be thankful for. – Unknown
- If you want to find happiness, find gratitude. – Steve Maraboli
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
- An attitude of gratitude brings great things. – Yogi Bhajan
- When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears. – Anthony Robbins