World Music Day is celebrated each year every 21st of June in over 120 countries all around the world. This day is all about honoring musicians, both amateur and professional. The day is also all about enjoying music and the entertainment we get from it. This celebration originated in France where it is called the “Fete de la Musique” which means “festival of music”.
Read Also: International Jazz Day
About the World Music Day
World Music Day honors all musicians. But of course, they are hugely involved in the celebration. They perform their music in crowds of people showcasing their talents for everyone’s entertainment. During this day, lots of activities are held. There are tons of concerts held all over the world, people learn musical instruments, and people shout out on social media about how they are celebrating this day.
The idea of this celebration came from Joel Cohen, an American musician working for a French radio station during the 1970s. His idea was for bands to play their music during the evening of June 21 to welcome the first day of summer. In 1982, the celebration was adopted by France’s Ministry of Culture through the efforts of Minister of Culture Jack Lang and French composer and music journalist Maurice Fleuret. The first Fete de la Musique was held on the streets of Paris. Within a few years, the celebration became a huge success. And ever since that time, World Music Day has been widely celebrated all around the world.
As mentioned earlier, World Music Day is celebrated every 21st of June each year. This means that the upcoming World Music Day will be held on June 21.
Why Celebrate World Music Day?
There is no better reason to celebrate this day than to listen to great music that is in store for everyone. Musicians dedicate their time to this festival in order to show the world their talent as well as to give people one great of a time. Music is also good for you. Hence, if you are not a fan of listening to music, then this might be the best day to start doing so.
Celebration Ideas and Activities of World Music Day
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of World Music Day as best as it can be:
Of course, you should not let the celebration pass without you honoring musicians. This act is the main purpose of this day. You should greet and show your appreciation to all musicians whether they are amateur or professional. Musicians get us entertained and spice up our daily lives. They do deserve our recognition and gratitude.
You should also celebrate this day by performing music if you can. Perhaps you are a singer. If yes, then you should sing your heart out for the people. Or maybe you can play some musical instrument. You can show that to the people as well. This will make you one of the musicians or performers for this day.
Lack in musical talent will not prevent you from enjoying your celebration of this day. Like what always happens, you should listen to the musical performances for this day. Listen to your favorite band or attend a concert of your favorite musician. There are a lot of things to do during this day.
Celebrate on Social Media
You should also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can use the hashtag #WorldMusicDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this fun day.
World Music Day Messages & Status
- There is no life without music. Have a very happy World Music Day everybody!
- I do not know how I would get through my day without listening to music. Have a very happy World Music Day everybody!
- Everyday should be dedicated to music as it is what makes our world go round. Have a very happy World Music Day everybody!
- Music is magic and anybody who can create music can be called magicians. Have a very happy World Music Day everybody!
- Wishing all music lovers a very happy World Music Day and hope you all enjoy this day!
- The world of music knows only peace and no boundaries, knows no hatred and knows no sorrows. Have a very happy World Music Day everybody!
- Life without music is like food without salt, bland and tasteless. Wish you all a very happy World Music Day!
- Even the word music resonates with nostalgia, hope, and emotions because music gives us all that. So appreciate it and have a very happy World Music Day everybody!
- Music should be categorized as one of the basic needs in life. Have a very happy World Music Day everybody!
- We all have memories attached to music and all the memories combined with the music makes our life worth living. Have a very happy World Music Day everybody!
- It’s not surprising that music has healing powers. Happy World Music Day!
- Music can be so infectious and that is one of the wonders of music. Enjoy it and wish everyone a very happy World Music Day!
World Music Day Quotes
- “Some people have lives; some people have music.” – John Green
- “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” -Plato
- “If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.” -Charles Darwin