The National Bikini Day is celebrated every 5th of July each year. This day celebrates the anniversary of the day when bikinis were invented. A bikini is a two-piece bathing suit for women – one for the top and another one for the bottom. It is the swimwear version of bra and panty. Bikinis have become popular, and are worn when women go for a swim. They also use it to flaunt their bodies.
Learn About National Bikini Day
The National Bikini Day is the ideal day for people to go to the beach. When bikinis were invented, their risqué design made them unattractive for people, especially the conservative ones. However, over time, people have come to accept wearing bikinis and seeing people wearing them when going to the beach or swimming pool. Without a doubt, bikinis are one of the most popular inventions of all time. Because of much love for bikinis, people celebrate the National Bikini Day every year during the 5th of July. During this day, the main activity to do is going to the beach or swimming pool in bikinis. Other activities involving bikinis are also held.
History & Creation Of Bikini
The history of the National Bikini Day can be traced back to the day when the bikinis were invented.
What is the origin of the bikini?
The bikini was invented in Paris by Louis Reard, a French designer. He wanted to name this two-piece bathing suit “atom”. However, the final name became bikini, named after the Bikini Atoll, the place where the USA conducted atomic tests.
Bikinis during World War II
Before World War II, people wear one-piece bathing suits when they go to the beach or swim as the pool. However, when bikinis were invented, one-piece bathing suits were cast aside. Before the 1960s, Americans were very conservative that they did not accept the idea of wearing bikinis for they were too revealing. But during the 1960s, this changed when people started to wear bikinis and it became very acceptable for the general public.
Nowadays, bikinis have become the norm. They now come in different colors, sizes, shapes, and fabrics. Designers of bikinis have created all sorts of designs so that more and more women will be able to wear them. When you go to the beach, you can easily see that almost all people wear bikinis. Women also opt to wear bikinis when they swim at the pool.
The Origin of the National Bikini Day
We are not sure who is the founder of the National Bikini Day. But still, we know for sure that the date of this celebration is based on the date when the bikinis were invented by Louis Reard. In addition, we can safely say that the National Bikini Day is celebrated by people to honor bikinis and also to promote its use whatever your body type is.
This holiday is always celebrated on the 5th of July each year. This means that the upcoming National Bikini Day will be held on 5 July.
The following are the main reasons why you should celebrate this holiday:
To Manifest Your Fashion Sense
The first main reason why you should celebrate this day is that you can take it as the opportunity to manifest your fashion sense. You can flaunt your bikinis with great designs. You can also try varieties like shirtkini, tankini, or halter bikini. You can also wear it along with great accessories including your shades and bandanas.
To Have a Reason for Going to the Beach
Another reason to celebrate this day is that it gives you the perfect excuse to go to the beach. For sure, a lot of people are thinking the same. You can go to the beach and have all the fun that you want especially with your family and friends.
To Promote Body Positivity
Another reason to celebrate this day is that it is the perfect opportunity to promote body positivity. No one is excluded from wearing a bikini regardless of one’s body type. Bikinis made today are for all sorts of sizes and body type. Whatever your body type is, be proud of it and wear bikinis during this day.
Celebration Ideas and Activities
The following are the best things to do to make your celebration of this day the best that it can be:
Wear a Bikini
Of course, the very obvious way of celebrating this day is to wear a bikini. If you have time, you can go to the beach to swim while you wear your favorite pair of bikinis. You can also just go to the swimming pool and flaunt your fashioned bikinis.
Buy a Bikini
If you don’t own a pair of bikinis, then you can just celebrate this day by buying one. You can go to the mall and look for the nicest pair of bikinis you want to wear.
Throw a Bikini Party
Another way of celebrating this day is to throw a bikini party. You can invite your friends and relative over to a site with a swimming pool where you can enjoy each other’s company while wearing your favorite sets of bikinis.
Celebrate on Social Media
You can also take your celebration of this day on social media. You can, for instance, use the hashtag #NationalBikiniDay to let your friends and followers know that you are also participating in the celebration of this day.
Happy Bikini Day Lines To Share On Social Media
- Happy National Bikini Day. Since July 5, 1946, women have been hitting the beaches and poolsides in bikinis. National Bikini Day marks the anniversary of the invention of the two-piece bathing suit.
- July 5 1946 is Bikini Intro Day when French designer Louis Reard debuted his 2-piece swimsuit at the Molitor Pool in Paris. Reard called his creation the “bikini” because he was inspired by the U.S. atomic test that happened off the Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean days earlier.
- July 5 marks National Bikini Day , celebrating 75 years since its invention in 1946.
- On this day in history, July 5, 1946, the first bikini was unveiled. The world was instantly a happier place.
- July 5 is the anniversary of the invention of the bikini in the year 1946, by a Parisian fashion designer, Louis Reard. The goal of this holiday is to get to the closest beach and spend the day in your bikini!
Happy Bikini Day Quotes
- “A girl in a bikini is like having a loaded gun on your coffee table- There’s nothing wrong with them, but it’s hard to stop thinking about.” ― Garrison Keillor
- “Well in two months, it’d be sunbathing time. That made me smile. I enjoyed lying in the sun in a little bikini, timing myself carefully so I didn’t burn. I loved the smell of coconut oil. And I don’t want to hear any lectures about how bad tanning is for you. That’s my vice. Everybody gets one.” ― Charlaine Harris, Dead as a Doornail
- “A bikini is like a barbed-wire fence. It protects the property without obstructing the view.” ― Joey Adams
- “All a man really wants, is a girl who looks good in a bikini.” ― Robert Black
- “Swimwear will always make you look hot.” ― Anthony T.Hincks